Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

yensidtlaw1969

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that animals are a huge part of human history; thus, if you want to fully understand our history, learning about animals is crucial. Furthermore, animals are significant parts of some religions, maybe Indy is studying a religion?
Sure they are - but Archaeology doesn't extend in that direction. They don't automatically study animals because humans have interacted with them over history. You'd have to jump through a couple hoops to make sense of Indy taking up an animal-centric adventure.

Not that I'm saying they wouldn't or couldn't, just that they probably shouldn't.

Movielover

Not that I'm saying they wouldn't or couldn't, just that they probably shouldn't.

My sister is a anthropologist. She went on a 6 month dig in Israel and had to study up on different animals from the region for multiple reasons. Mainly for protection and know if certain animals had disturbed dig sites. Not saying that her focus was on these animals but she had to know what to watch out for. Still, Indy belongs in DHS or Adventurland, plus I would hate to loose Dinosaur.

Indy could easily have a mission around an ancient plant/flower, a mystical animal legend, an animal temple etc. Imagine if temple of doom was worshipping some kind of ancient creature as opposed to a guy who rips hearts out. Wouldn't be strange at ALL.

quit pretending that Indy having a mission surrounding one of these topics is ABSURD. It's not. It could easily be done tastefully. This isn't GotG in epcot. Heck, this isn't even JamesCameronWorld in DAK. Could easily fit DAK without changing a single material thing about the Character.

peter11435

Indy could easily have a mission around an ancient plant/flower, a mystical animal legend, an animal temple etc. Imagine if temple of doom was worshipping some kind of ancient creature as opposed to a guy who rips hearts out. Wouldn't be strange at ALL.

quit pretending that Indy having a mission surrounding one of these topics is ABSURD. It's not. It could easily be done tastefully. This isn't GotG in epcot. Heck, this isn't even JamesCameronWorld in DAK. Could easily fit DAK without changing a single material thing about the Character.

Not a single thing had to be changed about avatar to make that fit into DAK.

A story treatment could be created that would allow Indy to fit the park. But don’t kid yourself that this would be consistent with the Indy character thus far. Could it work. Yes. Should it. Absolutely not. There are other places Indy belongs and there are countless other things that belong at DAK that would not need to be tweaked to make them consistent.

Not a single thing had to be changed about avatar to make that fit into DAK.

A story treatment could be created that would allow Indy to fit the park. But don’t kid yourself that this would be consistent with the Indy character thus far. Could it work. Yes. Should it. Absolutely not. There are other places Indy belongs and there are countless other things that belong at DAK that would not need to be tweaked to make them consistent.

fact check= false

Myth Maker

It really isn't a far stretch. Archaeology and Discovery is a theme that Indiana Jones explores quiet a bit. If the IJ ride goes in the dinosaur building, the dig site playground still fits right in. Just maybe add a few ancient treasures into the mix as well for fun. Same thing with the areas that IJ visits, we could potentially put a discovery trail in to see animals from the region and mix in a few ancient ruins in the mix on the trail that you either walk through or travel by. I honestly think it fits in so well it makes a lot of sense. Bring back the excavator coaster or clone the coaster from the other parks to replace parts of dino-rama and you have a unique and awesome themed area.

peter11435

It really isn't a far stretch. Archaeology and Discovery is a theme that Indiana Jones explores quiet a bit. If the IJ ride goes in the dinosaur building, the dig site playground still fits right in. Just maybe add a few ancient treasures into the mix as well for fun. Same thing with the areas that IJ visits, we could potentially put a discovery trail in to see animals from the region and mix in a few ancient ruins in the mix on the trail that you either walk through or travel by. I honestly think it fits in so well it makes a lot of sense. Bring back the excavator coaster or clone the coaster from the other parks to replace parts of dino-rama and you have a unique and awesome themed area.
Archeology is a part of Indiana Jones. Archeology and paleontology are not the same thing.

zachrupertdsn

Couldn't it be as simple as developing a story around a MacGuffin, real or not, and having the MacGuffin invoking animals in some way?

For example, the photo below is of Zhang Heng’s seismometer, but couldn't they craft a story that this actually was to invoke the power of dragons, and the original must be put back in place to stop the dragons from escaping. It gives the park another aspect of mythical animals, and could even tie in dragons to the park again.

Just spitballing, but I really don't think it's that hard to tie in Indy to the park.

3d-models-zhang-heng-seismoscope-china-3d-model-max-obj.jpg

peter11435

Couldn't it be as simple as developing a story around a MacGuffin, real or not, and having the MacGuffin invoking animals in some way?

For example, the photo below is of Zhang Heng’s seismometer, but couldn't they craft a story that this actually was to invoke the power of dragons, and the original must be put back in place to stop the dragons from escaping. It gives the park another aspect of mythical animals, and could even tie in dragons to the park again.

Just spitballing, but I really don't think it's that hard to tie in Indy to the park.

View attachment 263828
No one has said it would be hard. Obviously they could. The question is if they should.

zachrupertdsn

No one has said it would be hard. Obviously they could. The question is if they should.

Sorry, I guess I should of formed it like a question. If the the theme was Indiana Jones searching for an artifact that invokes a strong animal storyline, would people be happy with this new addition to AK?

njDizFan

As noted several times, there are treatments to the Indy storyline that could shoehorn an attraction into DAK. But what do we know about Indy...He went looking for the Ark of the Covenant, he looks for the Holy Grail, finds a Crystal Skull. Man made (mostly) objects, as befitting and archaeologist. He meets up and has help/issues with the local animal species again as befitting a jungle adventure.

But animals are not the main character nor do they really drive the plot or theme of the films. Just because a movie has an animal and is set in a non-urban environment does not mean it is consistent with the themes of DAK.

Strangely enough the 1 Disney film without an animal (besides a cockroach) is Wall-E and I think that is a better fit for Animal Kingdom than Indy.

shortstop

Sorry, I guess I should of formed it like a question. If the the theme was Indiana Jones searching for an artifact that invokes a strong animal storyline, would people be happy with this new addition to AK?
No. The primary focus of any IJ ride would inherently be Indiana Jones, and not animals, no matter how hard they try to include animals in the storyline. It would still be the Indiana Jones Ride. Nobody would think of it as "the ride about animals that happens to feature Indiana Jones".

FigmentForver96

Why stretch it to work when you already have a park centered around movies. That same park even has a show based on that movie. Hollywood Studios NEEDS capacity. Animal Kingdom, while it could always use more, is not hurting from lack of additions.

The problem is that Disney keeps trying to "fix" things that aren't broken while other things that need help are placed aside. Even worse, in their mind, fixing something means trying to put an IP anywhere they can to boost merch sales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom