Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Movielover

The only thing that Indy has that has anything related to animals are snakes

Exhibit A

1518519905406.png

Exhibit B

1518520033294.png

Exhibit C

1518520280614.png

Movielover

In none of your examples is the animal the subject of the photo.

And why does that matter? The in-factual statement was that the only thing Indiana has to do with animals was snakes. I simply posted 3 pictures that prove that animals have more of a presence in the films than just snakes. You sir are once again reaching to outrageous conclusion to discredit my posts simply for the facts that I state.

And just to put icing on the cake,

Exhibit D from Temple of Doom
1518527872776.png

Multiple animals, front and center of the frame. As a film student I can explain to you how these animals fit into the story if you still can't grasp the point.

Boom!
giphy.gif

999th Happy Haunt

And why does that matter? The in-factual statement was that the only thing Indiana has to do with animals was snakes. I simply posted 3 pictures that prove that animals have more of a presence in the films than just snakes. You sir are once again reaching to outrageous conclusion to discredit my posts simply for the facts that I state.

View attachment 263750

Multiple animals, front and center of the frame. As a film student I can explain to you how these animals fit into the story if you still can't grasp the point.

Boom!
giphy.gif
So anything with animals in it is fit for Animal Kingdom?

lazyboy97o

View attachment 263750

Boom!
giphy.gif
As a film student you should be able to understand the concept of subject.

yensidtlaw1969

Indy is an adventurer and explorer...searching for rare artifacts....what if the artifact he is searching for is a rare flora or fauna species that was supposed extinct? they can make the adventure have more of a natural world/eco focus...
Archaeology is the study of Human history. That sort of precludes him from this, unless he suddenly decides Animals are his bag too. But at his age, he seems pretty firmly set in the Archaeology track.

By some of the logic in this thread we might as well drop Guardians of the Galaxy into Animal Kingdom because Rocket is an Animal and Groot could make some case for Conservation efforts.

There really, really isn't enough Animal basis in Indiana Jones for it to fit well thematically in the missions of Animal Kingdom as they exist. Unless they want to build the ride around the "Temple of the Mystic Tiger" where some animal spirit takes over and sends us on a race for our lives, but really. The IP of Indy is not crying out for this park.

lazyboy97o

No... from my post from above,
Your images are only in-factual if any notion of significance is ignored. Showing up in a scene doesn’t make an animal important to the character or story. Indiana Jones’ fear of snakes are part of his character that comes up multiple times as an issue in his adventures.

Indy is an adventurer and explorer...searching for rare artifacts....what if the artifact he is searching for is a rare flora or fauna species that was supposed extinct? they can make the adventure have more of a natural world/eco focus...
Which would mean a career change for the man who did his dissertation on archeology. Dr. Jones isn’t just an adventurer, he has a PhD.

Bocabear

What if Indy were searching for a mystic flower that had the ability to heal and reverse aging... Following manuscripts found in ancient temples it was thought to have disappeared forever in the middle ages...where it unexpectedly shows up in a mural in the ruins of a medieval tower... I see a tangled tie-in....lol

Movielover

Your images are only in-factual if any notion of significance is ignored. Showing up in a scene doesn’t make an animal important to the character or story. Indiana Jones’ fear of snakes are part of his character that comes up multiple times as an issue in his adventures.

All those pictures I posted also contribute to the character of Indiana Jones. In raiders of the Lost Ark he is shown to be proficient at riding the horse, a skill that he had to learn in the past which is then built upon in later sequels. This skill allows him to easily catch up and overtake a convoy of automobiles.

The Monkey shows a vulnerability to Indy, he is constantly carrying around this monkey which has been revealed to us as the audience to be "in allegiance" to the villains. Thus letting us know that Indy can be too trusting of individuals. Another trait that pops up in later adventures.

The Elephant in Temple of Doom shows once again that Indy is completely at comfort in the wild using different modes of transportation. This is at a contrast to show how utterly incompetent the character of Willie Scott is.

Finally the Crocodiles in Temple of Doom are a plot device much like the snakes in the Well of Souls in Raider's to set up further dangers that our heroes must face, and ultimately prove to be the way the villain is defeated.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
By some of the logic in this thread we might as well drop Guardians of the Galaxy into Animal Kingdom because Rocket is an Animal and Groot could make some case for Conservation efforts.
It's Disney's park. Whatever ride they want to put in any park automatically fits because of the golden rule: "Them who has the gold makes the rules."

There really, really isn't enough Animal basis in Indiana Jones for it to fit well thematically in the missions of Animal Kingdom as they exist. Unless they want to build the ride around the "Temple of the Mystic Tiger" where some animal spirit takes over and sends us on a race for our lives, but really. The IP of Indy is not crying out for this park.
Sigh. Another adherent to the cult of thematic continuity. That train sailed years ago, my friend. The sooner you recognize and accept that, the happier you'll be.

EricsBiscuit

Well I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that animals are a huge part of human history; thus, if you want to fully understand our history, learning about animals is crucial. Furthermore, animals are significant parts of some religions, maybe Indy is studying a religion?

yensidtlaw1969

It's Disney's park. Whatever ride they want to put in any park automatically fits because of the golden rule: "Them who has the gold makes the rules."

Sigh. Another adherent to the cult of thematic continuity. That train sailed years ago, my friend. The sooner you recognize and accept that, the happier you'll be.
Yes, how silly of me to hold Disney to their own standard. One that they've held close to upholding in Animal Kingdom more than any other park in the resort.

They can put whatever they want wherever they want, but that doesn't mean they should and it doesn't mean it fits, it just means it goes there. That's part of what makes a Theme Park different than an Amusement Park, Thematic Integrity. As long as they continue to call their parks Theme Parks I'll argue that they should maintain that effort. And again, Animal Kingdom has done it better than basically any other park in their roster. Seems silly to squander that effort for Indy, which has a place waiting for it at the Studios if they'd make their mind up.

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom