Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Media analyst Rich Greenfield says there’s a gathering fear in Wall Street about a decline in Disney parks attendance which will have a significantly negative impact on the stock since most people own the stock for the parks and not the flailing Disney+ or ESPN.
The LA Times recently put the reality in print: 70% of there revenues…two years ago before the slide…was from that division

You want to know what a barrel of dynamite looks like to Wall Street?

And you know why?
Robert
A
Iger

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Looks that way. You're there and having a good time right?

I was thinking of booking a trip since all these reports of low attendance make the place sound WONDERFUL but my guess is by the time Tiana's is open, the crowds will be back.
I’m sure Tiana will bring in mass summer crowds and the low attendance trend and worries will be over! Go Bob! Hopefully they’ll raise prices again too and come out with a few more popcorn buckets to raise stock prices

Tha Realest

The LA Times recently put the reality in print: 70% of there revenues…two years ago before the slide…was from that division

You want to know what a barrel of dynamite looks like to Wall Street?

And you know why?
Robert
A
Iger
D+ is finally pulling a profit. Now that side of things will be the weight of the company. And, films like The First Omen and Kingdom of Planet of the Apes are only losing a few million/tens of millions instead of hundreds of millions.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
oh and I’m actually here for a business conference and decided to use my points to stay here for a few days prior. My magical park day started off with a longer wait than usual for a bus and then early entry into Epcot at 830 where I waited in line over an hour for test track to actually open after the park was by then open to all. They said they were behind and still going through startup procedures. Wonder if it’s due to lower staff? Either way…good times.

I have some other friends who have been here this week who have reported being stuck on for a longer than usual time or evac’d off multiple rides. Not sure what’s going on there. Maybe that are just having bad luck or maintenance is beginning to lack in places.

Disstevefan1

I was thinking of booking a trip since all these reports of low attendance make the place sound WONDERFUL but my guess is by the time Tiana's is open, the crowds will be back.
If they opened Tiana with standby I could see folks booking to See Tiana, but with boarding groups, Folks WILL BE SHUT OUT. Its not worth the risk if you are just showing up for Tiana.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they opened Tiana with standby I could see folks booking to See Tiana, but with boarding groups, Folks WILL BE SHUT OUT. Its not worth the risk if you are just showing up for Tiana.
Not to mention the average tourist family from Denver books their vacation a year in advance, not a month. And crowds have been shifting away from the summer months for a number of years. You'll get the vloggers, bloggers, and local AP crowds for a month or two, plus those late-summer-vacationers who already booked. Then, the real test starts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom