Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

ElvisMickey

The park that really sucks your soul is Hollywood Studios. Especially when you know what it used to be. My favorite attraction is One Man’s Dream, and I’m not even kidding. They have 5-6 attractions at the most and you’ll be lucky if any are under an hour wait. And I’m a HUGE Aerosmith fan but too old for craziness at this point in my life 😝. They should have never gutted Great Movie Ride to replace it with Runaway Railway. If anything, bulldoze Launch Bay and you could have placed Runaway Railway there. Disneyland gets a brand new spot for Runaway Railway and we get one of the best attractions Disney ever created, gutted. If you didn’t want to pay to use the old MGM films, then put your own films in it with the same spirit. But once again, they take the cheap way out.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think apple is looking at the streaming/content/delivery conundrum and isn’t close to being convinced that theres a future/money to be made there? So you wouldn’t buy Disney if there’s no path.

The only functioning example to analyze is Netflix. Their numbers are actually real…and still not great.
Maybe someone at Apple knows that they'd be better off sticking to iPhones and that illusion which current business models for streaming could ever be profitable was dreamt up by 20 something year old Wall Street "Analysts" with blue checkmarks next to their twitter handle who couldn't make change for a $5

Lilofan

Maybe someone at Apple knows that they'd be better off sticking to iPhones and that illusion which current business models for streaming could ever be profitable was dreamt up by 20 something year old Wall Street "Analysts" with blue checkmarks next to their twitter handle who couldn't make change for a $5
Iger and Tim Cook recently announced Disney/Apple partnership promoting Apple new product - Vision Pro. After reading up on Vision Pro I say - WOW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger and Tim Cook recently announced Disney/Apple partnership promoting Apple new product - Vision Pro. After reading up on Vision Pro I say - WOW.
Yeah…we all saw that…can’t infer much from it

Disney had apple people on its board cause they bought $5 shares of Iger’s @$$ in 2006. There’s a tie there but can’t assume anything

DopeyRunner

Hire me. I will take a 100k salary and fix it. If they think I suck, they’re only losing pennies on the dollar for me
I’ve said this so many times as well. Hell, I’ll go as far as guarantee board and share holders to reinstate significant dividends and profits every quarter and even give them a no golden parachute contract to go with it. Wouldn’t take me half a year to turn the ship, it just might be a little painful for the dead weight…

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I was told this afternoon by a member on the executive feedback team that they are also looking at modifying the park hopping restrictions (finally). She wouldn't allude to what they are but at least it appears to be on the table. They also admitted that yes the park reservation is pointless because it is open for the rest of the year (so who knows why they won't get rid of the park pass system early).

Figments Friend

Ooh, are we playing fun with budgets again? We just booked a December trip to Paris (never been). For the Disney portion we are staying: Club Level at Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights / 5 days of tickets. Lake view (better view / not standard) All tickets are park hoppers, and CL includes buffet breakfast. We are paying $2660 for 3 people, my Dad is coming.

Plugging in the same dates at Wilderness Lodge, 5 day park hoppers and it comes out $5520 BUT, no availability for club level, and so I had to use just a normal lake view room, and buy breakfast somewhere. So we're looking at at least a $3K savings, which more than covers the Paris portion of the trip ($1500 for 4 nights in a 2-bedroom apartment style hotel).

Wishing you a wonderful time in Paris!

🙂

-

FigmentFan82

I’ll be there at the end of August. I’m curious if their discount promotions will have filled up the parks more by then or if it will still feel relatively less crowded

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a friend who is currently working as a PT CM who tells me the Parks have been fairly quiet over the last couple of weeks.
Shifts have been short too…makes me think there have been some staffing cutbacks as said friend is not getting a lot of hours.

-
The lines have been inflated and the crowds “moderate” for the big start of “summer for all” in wdw…

Had two groups there this week report back.

Weather sucked more than the crowds

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was told this afternoon by a member on the executive feedback team that they are also looking at modifying the park hopping restrictions (finally). She wouldn't allude to what they are but at least it appears to be on the table. They also admitted that yes the park reservation is pointless because it is open for the rest of the year (so who knows why they won't get rid of the park pass system early).
Well that was obvious…but it’s nice someone admits it.

Reservations and hopping restrictions were their dream. And the dream is over

The house of cards on their park strategy is REALLY collapsing now. It’s been coming for years and now it landed.

Again: the economy has NOT collapsed (yet)…and they can’t get people there.

Name the last time that has happened?

…I’ll wait…

IanDLBZF

And I definitely do not see this lasting beyond the end of the 2024 calendar year, before being fully eliminated for all guests to include CMs and APs.
I also don't see this lasting at Disneyland either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom