Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

BrianLo

I’m going to buy a small amount of DIS in the coming days. It’s looking like a great price to me, the travel sector has taken a firm beating.

(90% broad market ETF, but I play a little and probably shouldn’t)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’m going to buy a small amount of DIS in the coming days. It’s looking like a great price to me, the travel sector has taken a firm beating.

too many volatile things in the world right now and an election coming up... I can't predict where things will go so I'm still holding off

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It may very well be

But I have to caution: do you want me to find the posts of the absolute idiots that were on threads advising strangers to buy it at $160…then $150 in the summer of 2021??

Cautionary tale from those that dust too much 🫢

Lilofan

I’m 9 days out from the Alaska gig…

On an 8 year old ship that blows anything Disney has floated out of the water…by a lot

And half the price

Numbers are hard to dispute…though we do a bang up job of being dumb around here, don’t we? 😎
Couldn't get us to go cruising in non tropical climates like Alaska at even 1/2 the price. It is for some but not for all.

Lilofan

I disagree 100%

I’ve started doing cruises more - the value is so much better than Disney Parks, Vegas, NYC, etc. I think many people are tired of all the hoops you have to jump through.
Even easier for locals to drive to the port same day and board. Many still have to fly in the day prior before overnight in a hotel then get transported to the port day of sailing.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This little graph says a lot:

DIS Stock.JPG

52 week low was $78.73 in October 2023 - lowest price in the last five years. To think about it, the stock wasn't even that low when EVERY PARK was closed around the world due to COVID-19. The COVID low was $79.07.

Lilofan

This little graph says a lot:

View attachment 807223

52 week low was $78.73 in October 2023 - lowest price in the last five years. To think about it, the stock wasn't even that low when EVERY PARK was closed around the world due to COVID-19. The COVID low was $79.07.
Disney stock and other company stocks related to vaccines took off like an upwards rocket during Covid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So it's been broken today, now the question is if it stays there.
We have stock amnesia here…

The consistent trend has been DOWNWARD for 3 years…consistently

In the wash, they have gained no value in the greatest investment expansion in world history…by far…over 10+ years

Those are hard numbers…you can make decisions off them…

…the stockholders have gotten a rather measly dividend.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Disney stock and other company stocks related to vaccines took off like an upwards rocket during Covid.

Correct - but when you're an entertainment company and two of your major revenue streams are on lockdown (parks and movies) there is no reason your stock price should be HIGHER (by a large percent if you look at the historical data) than it is in 2024. I'd expect stocks in Phizer, etc. to be down, but Disney shouldn't be trading for less than it was during the pandemic. Airline stocks certainly aren't (for example - Delta's COVID low was $17.81 and it's currently trading at $37.49).

BrianLo

It may very well be

But I have to caution: do you want me to find the posts of the absolute idiots that were on threads advising strangers to buy it at $160…then $150 in the summer of 2021??

Cautionary tale from those that dust too much 🫢

50% clearance sale. We're closing in. :D

Those prices then were absurd. No argument from me (and none I suspect you'll find from me then either). I believe I was complaining it was stupid the stock price was so high with the parks and theatres closed.

The trouble is the Corporate vultures may be back soon enough, too.

wannabeBelle

My Windows random wallpaper the other day was of a mountain/valley scene in Norway, with possibly a fjord in the distant background. It made me want to go to either the (I'm sure culturally sanitized) Norway pavilion in EPCOT or book a cruise to actual Norway. The cruise would probably be simpler!
The Cruise is simpler honestly. But in addition the Norway Pavilion is no where near as beautiful as the actual country. The scenery is breathtaking and the people are awesome!!! Of course I will have a greater appreciation for the Pavilion when I do go back. Marie

Grimley1968

The Cruise is simpler honestly. But in addition the Norway Pavilion is no where near as beautiful as the actual country. The scenery is breathtaking and the people are awesome!!! Of course I will have a greater appreciation for the Pavilion when I do go back. Marie

I always laughed when we exited the Norway or Frozen ride and walked through the gift shop where they're selling the cold weather gear, and it's almost never less than 90 degrees with equivalent humidity. Yet that stuff still seemed to sell even in those conditions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom