Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

el_super

Interesting - I feel like Disneyland is doing much better than WDW at providing a true “Disney park” experience (WDW has the resort experience going for it… but the parks are not there in my opinion).

Maybe... But Disneyland is still mostly packed with people. The hotels are near 100% capacity this week for D23. It's too crowded for me.

BrianLo

I don't think it's totally unexpected though. The market has been prepped for bad news (with the jobs report) and fishing for additional recession signals. Softening theme park attendance (at Disney and Uni) are definitely in that category.

I am starting to wonder if they will try to postpone major expansion construction until interest rates fall, since that might be right around the corner.

The bulk of costs come in the last third of a project. I don’t think it’s prudent to wait when it’s already going to fall during a lower interest environment anyways. Particularly since bond rates are already falling. Canada has been unwinding interest already, we already know US is following and that’s what the market panic has been about. Maybe it isn’t reversing rates fast enough.

Either way, I doubt anything really starts until next fiscal year (Oct 1) sort of by design. So that the bulk of spend next year is still ships and the bulk of spend the year after is actually the ongoing parks projects.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I should re-qualify it as Persian gulf. My Greece trip in September is also a lot closer to the instability than the gulf. We’re on a very similar itinerary to yours! It’s on the odyssey.

Unfortunately I have to actually work some of the days, but I’ll wave from the Vancouver Island shoreline at you all! Sounds like a blast, enjoy Alaska!
I would think maybe swap it for Scandinavia, hombre. 🫣

Boocat

FLORIDOLLARS !!! Much more bang for your buck elsewhere. The greedy have gotten greedier. People are realising that there's much more to see out there in the big wide world and who can blame them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom