Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

I don't give a you know what. People are still traveling to Florida. MCO saw a record number of travelers over Memorial Day weekend. Yet people avoided the parks.

Face it, people are not interested in the prices Universal or Disney is changing right now.
Some of the most popular states many are moving to are FL and TX. No shock that a number are visiting friends and family.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If Disney built several NEW attractions in each park in Florida, business could also improve there

crowds spread out more, LL's become easier to book, etc. see where I'm going here... a better experience for all. Value
I think that’s incorrect and they know it

They have overshot their prices. Ground zero.

So if they build “more stuff”…then people that can’t afford it will still not afford it…and they’ll raise prices to recoup and get even less.

That’s very 20th century amusement tactics.

Iger frankly killed it

DisneyNittany

You can’t ignore internal factors and basic incompetence in both leadership and management no matter how much you want to!

According to a few here, this was the scene in Burbank today:

images

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think that’s incorrect and they know it

They have overshot their prices. Ground zero.

So if they build “more stuff”…then people that can’t afford it will still not afford it…and they’ll raise prices to recoup and get even less.

That’s very 20th century amusement tactics.

Iger frankly killed it
my bad... I forgot.... the answer is build more DVC Inn's 🙃

you're right though... price > value and if they do more they'll charge more. they overshot it and can't go back

BrianLo

Maybe I'm missing something, but the financial report seemed okay-ish.

Yea, it was actually a better report than I was expecting. Comcast was worse, but on the flip side I expect Comcast to do better next year.

The fact they eliminated any reference to attendance in the report is extremely telling.

It feels like this threads users didn’t actually read the report?

IMG_8977.jpeg

el_super

You can’t ignore internal factors and basic incompetence in both leadership and management no matter how much you want to!

What incompetence? The fact that their costs are increasing faster than revenue?

It's funny to hear so many "fans" advocate for lesser spending. Well here's hoping they start cutting more soon in order to prove to the street how smart they really are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea, it was actually a better report than I was expecting. Comcast was worse, but on the flip side I expect Comcast to do better next year.

View attachment 807177
Attendance in Q3 last year was awful. One of the worst drops they’ve ever had (without natural disasters)

Remember that’s when the shell shock set in?

When they sold…and I still can’t stop laughing…”limited supply” $1,500 annual passes 😂

…turns out reading comprehension and a memory are BOTH skills/talents

Last edited:

BrianLo

Also, it's entirely possible revenue is up for the parks because Star Cruiser was last year (it is cited in their 2 sentences on all of Domestic parks) as being a reason revenue was up, we just don't know if it's the only reason.

The Star Cruiser write off does not impact revenue. It would be reported as a loss on paper. What little revenue it was reporting prior to closure would impact things YoY in a negative way to this years revenue. Though it was closed anyways by this quarter last year. It would do the opposite of what you are wondering if it were to have still be open, but now closed this year.

LSLS

View attachment 807177

I'll absolutely defend myself here. It is in the SCC report, but that is NOT in the report that was released entitled q3_fy24_earnings.pdf. In this one, attendance is mentioned twice. Once here:

1723051309915.png

and once here:
1723051328226.png

Note, that is INTERNATIONAL.

Now, later the SCC one showed up that showed attendance basically the same as last year, though I will stress at this point that's not a good thing either. Down attendance flatlining is not good for them either, they need the rebound.

Attachments

• 1723051500776.png
    1723051500776.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 18

BrianLo

Attendance in Q3 last year was awful. One of the worst drops they’ve ever had (without natural disasters)

Remember that’s when the shell shock set in?

When they sold…and I still can’t stop laughing…”limits supply” $1,500 annual passes 😂

It was indeed. That’s why I said I was curious about this current quarter than last. It’s just a base effect at this juncture. Though I too last week figured based on Comcast’s drop Dis would be down further.

It seems more the question of is attendance down is “Yes”. Is it declining further or in free fall? “No”.

Though I still a pessimistically on all your sides that I’d be surprised if this summers attendance hasn’t declined further from last year. There’s a lot more stability than we expected out of this report. In part that might have been a bigger California Nintendo drop off Universal experienced. Or a lot more holding off on a resort visit that Universal is experiencing while Disney has its own problems.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom