Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don't think I will ever understand the execution on that one. Never should have been turned into DVC to start with but those maintenance fees are just absurd.
I may be wrong but the old cabins were due for replacement. Someone at DVC thought they could get a bonus by suggesting they take on the cost of replacing them and get members to pay for it. No word on if that person got their bonus, but point sales for the CFW thus far have been staggeringly slow.

Dranth

I may be wrong but the old cabins were due for replacement. Someone at DVC thought they could get a bonus by suggesting they take on the cost of replacing them and get members to pay for it. No word on if that person got their bonus, but point sales for the CFW thus far have been staggeringly slow.
I understand the internal business logic of why they did it, it is the choices they made after that I don't get. The operating costs is particularly egregious to me. There is no world in which the cabins should legit be more expensive to run than something like AKL. If it actually is, mistakes have been made.

Stuff like putting the cabins in a trust so everyone has to pay those management fees on top of everything else (think it was about $2/point) is just not good.

John park hopper

Table Rock State ParK in SC has cabins built by the Civilian Conservation Corp back in the 30's and these cabins are still there and well maintained have stayed many times. These are cabins Disney not prefab trailers that probable won't last 20 yrs
1721935537847.png
1721935569405.png

Grimley1968

<--- retroactively extremely thankful to have never bought into DVC back in the early 2000's when we considered it briefly. I'd have surely later been a customer of the "timeshare cancellation industry". The trailer/cabins just confirm what I feared the future might hold for DVC 20 years ago.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I assume Disney had a 10% off coupon at lowes to use up so they got some of their bigger storage buildings to convert

TalkingHead

Remember this gem of an interview from last July? Iger said WDW is where “the Disney brand lives in its most sublime form.” Funniest thing he’s ever said.

IGER: It’s a very, very popular business and product and it’s very successful and, you know, we’re not wringing our hands over it.
[…]
IGER: And pricing is not an issue. We addressed some of those issues—

FABER: So you’re not concerned.

IGER: I’m not.

CntrlFlPete

Someone was buying, all that matters is what price he got for it

But not as many buying hence his savings considering he started selling in April, so I guess seen as a good move.
Perlmutter is a moron.

There are plenty of reasons to question decisions from management, dumping him was not and is not one of them. About the only thing he has done since they took the MCU away many, many years ago is complain, whine and try and get any type of revenge he can. Well, that and say racist things.

Regardless of the person, folks were talking stock prices, I just meant to point out that when a company's largest single share holder sells all their holding in said stock, it probably has an impact to the stocks direction.

Dranth

Regardless of the person, folks were talking stock prices, I just meant to point out that when a company's largest single share holder sells all their holding in said stock, it probably has an impact to the stocks direction.
Agreed that it will have an impact. Anytime someone dumps that much stock it will drive down the price. That was mainly my point, a ton of things move stock prices. We just have people on here trying to act like him dumping the stock of the company he was booted from and failed to get his revenge through an activist investor is at all related to what we would like to see as park fans.

easyrowrdw

<--- retroactively extremely thankful to have never bought into DVC back in the early 2000's when we considered it briefly. I'd have surely later been a customer of the "timeshare cancellation industry". The trailer/cabins just confirm what I feared the future might hold for DVC 20 years ago.
You could have still enjoyed 20 years at whatever resort you enjoyed - plus whatever time would be left on the contract. That resort (presumably) isn't going anywhere as long as you own it.

Or are you just thinking that DVC will keep coming up with worse and worse ideas? I think overall the resorts they've created have been pretty good, even if they're not all to our personal taste. I worry more about Disney World going the wrong direction than future DVC hotels.

Nubs70

But not as many buying hence his savings considering he started selling in April, so I guess seen as a good move.

Why would a person liquidate his entire position if he thought the price would go back up?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nobody who bought into dvc 20 years ago says “I wish I had never bought in”

…but that deal ended long ago

SamusAranX

I see the fool is awake today?
He’s deliberately distorting facts. Parks division is up in revenue but that is a division with cruises etc and they already stated explicitly that revenue and attendance are down at WDW

They literally have admitted it yet because DCL, DL are under that same umbrella, he can’t sift through it. So fool is an apt word

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He’s deliberately distorting facts. Parks division is up in revenue but that is a division with cruises etc and they already stated explicitly that revenue and attendance are down at WDW

They literally have admitted it yet because DCL, DL are under that same umbrella, he can’t sift through it. So fool is an apt word
…we all know this…

Well…except for about 5 with a dust problem

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If Disney's shares decline to $65 to $75 per share, he plans to buy much of his old stake back."
If Disney stocks get that low, he won't be the only one looking to get in at the bottom. And all the buying would push up the price again.

Most Wall Street joints have Disney stock as a 'buy.' They'll be screaming that to their customers if Disney stock gets that low.

When the stock went down to $80.00, the big investors still held onto the stocks. We know this because of their proxy war votes. They still had a huge investment in Disney stock.

Swings from 90 to 160 to 80 to 120 to 90 have all happened in the past five years. And yet Disney's profits had remained the same or grew. The current swings are divorced from long term investment goals. These are day traders looking for a quick turnaround, sometimes in computerized microsecond algorithms.

Last year, Disney did poorly at the box office. Wall Street's response? Sell.

This year shows that Disney movie tentpoles are back. Wall Street's response? Sell.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If Disney stocks get that low, he won't be the only one looking to get in at the bottom. And all the buying would push up the price again.

Most Wall Street joints have Disney stock as a 'buy.' They'll be screaming that to their customers if Disney stock gets that low.

When the stock went down to $80.00, the big investors still held onto the stocks. We know this because of their proxy war votes. They still had a huge investment in Disney stock.

Swings from 90 to 160 to 80 to 120 to 90 have all happened in the past five years. And yet Disney's profits had remained the same or grew. The current swings are divorced from long term investment goals. These are day traders looking for a quick turnaround, sometimes in computerized microsecond algorithms.

Last year, Disney did poorly at the box office. Wall Street's response? Sell.

This year shows that Disney movie tentpoles are back. Wall Street's response? Sell.
…bob is gonna get fired…

And he left your parks in shambles. And his stream is a loser

Do you need some Kleenex? 🥺

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom