Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

You really need to get out more. Most people visiting Canada aren't staying in people's homes.

Don't worry we let people hold as many rentals as they like. We are polite that way.
Been to the great white north many times on vacation. Incredible diverse ethnic food in Toronto in one of the cities visited. Yes it is true about that only 6 out of 10 homes in Canada have in AC. Keep cool and hydrate! I recall you say you like hot weather. The ones without AC get used to it.

Last edited:

the_rich

I saw a post from someone I trust here saying more options are coming so express and ticketing is not fully out yet.
“When sales launch, in order to visit Epic Universe, guests must purchase a multi-day Universal Orlando ticket package with a three-day minimum — all of which allot only one day at Epic Universe and will not include park-hopping to or from the new park.” apparently this is how.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
“When sales launch, in order to visit Epic Universe, guests must purchase a multi-day Universal Orlando ticket package with a three-day minimum — all of which allot only one day at Epic Universe and will not include park-hopping to or from the new park.” apparently this is how.
Seems accurate

Though I would think you can bump to hopping between USO and IOA. No reason not to do that

Lilofan

That's a huge gamble on Comcast part. The dedicated Uni fans I can see buying into but the big ? will be if interested Disney fans will buy into a 3 day package deal if a family for example is only in Orlando for 6-7 days. Wait and see.

erasure fan1

Maybe Disney is still banking on the fact that people will give their bubble/parks 3-4 days of a week long vacation as they do Uni FOR EPIC, but even a 50/50 split is a massive increase to Universals cash flow $$ especially if they stay on site at Uni as opposed WDW.
I think they're for sure counting on people still going to Disney first, then spend a day to see that new park down the street. I don't know what will actually happen, but I can easily see people spending 5 days at Uni, and going to Disney for a day. Basically flipping the script on what was typical. If the rides are really good, it won't surprise me in the least if Uni is the first choice for a lot of vacationers, and Disney gets the leftovers.

Disstevefan1

I think they're for sure counting on people still going to Disney first, then spend a day to see that new park down the street.
If what was leaked is true, at least initially, if folks want to go down the street to see EPIC, they need to buy a 4 day ticket package, so at least initially, they cant buy a single day ticket to see EPIC.

Unless folks will buy the ticket package and toss the other three days in the trash.

Universal would not mind that (and would maybe prefer that) ;)

JD80

It maybe 3 days if the only option is to buy a 3 day ticket for Universal I can't see many waisting 2 days of tickets for Epic.

I don't think it's a savvy play. There are going to be quite a bit of unused tixkets. And people think Disney is nickle and diming or complicated.

Ballsy play would be to offer a 2 day tickets and a hotel package (min 4 nights) with free transportation to a Disney park.

Start taking that sweet hotel money from Disney. They reportedly have better hotels anyway.

Jrb1979

I don't think it's a savvy play. There are going to be quite a bit of unused tixkets. And people think Disney is nickle and diming or complicated.

Ballsy play would be to offer a 2 day tickets and a hotel package (min 4 nights) with free transportation to a Disney park.

Start taking that sweet hotel money from Disney. They reportedly have better hotels anyway.
Why would they offer transportation to the competition? How is ticket packages complicated or nickel and dining? They already do that.

Vegas Disney Fan

A 4 or 5 day requirement would probably deter a lot of people but 3 days should be an easy sell to most guests, we could easily justify 3 days between the 3 parks, the water park, city center, and the hotel amenities.

We probably wouldn’t make it a habit, I think 2 days will still be our sweet spot for Universal even after Epic opens, but for our first visit a 3 day requirement wouldn’t deter us at all.

JD80

Why would they offer transportation to the competition? How is ticket packages complicated or nickel and dining? They already do that.

1) they want to steal Disney tourists. People going to EU or Universal are mostly likely going to or considering Disney. Why not admit that internally and snag their hotel money? Make them see Universal products are fun and convert them.

2) ticket packages are nickle and diming ecause people want to go to EU and not have to pay more. Now they have to think about fitting it in with their orlando vacation.

Disstevefan1

A 4 or 5 day requirement would probably deter a lot of people but 3 days should be an easy sell to most guests, we could easily justify 3 days between the 3 parks, the water park, city center, and the hotel amenities.

We probably wouldn’t make it a habit, I think 2 days will still be our sweet spot for Universal even after Epic opens, but for our first visit a 3 day requirement wouldn’t deter us at all.
Well, once EPIC is open, you will not run out of things to do at the Universal parks in only two days, in fact, you will need to skip stuff with only two days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom