Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

Unfortunately it’s what corporate America teaches, everyone is so focused on the next quarterly report the long term success of the company is an afterthought.

They don’t care if saving $1 today will cost them $10 next year, it’s all about showing that extra dollar of profit on the next report.
Its also called " quarterly capitalism ". The pressure to find ways to make as much profit as possible as quickly as possible to show Wall Street. It is also an open secret that companies try to impress the WS execs who cover the Disney stock or other company stocks ie roll out the red carpet to the execs when the Street visits the company they are covering in hopes of the Wall Street execs to show a " more" favorable light to the companies.

Disstevefan1

Can someone explain to me what the attendant affect would be to the Orlando theme park industry if suddenly for the first 6-12mos Universal had expanded to a required 3-day visit?

Seems like DAK attendance is the likeliest casualty here in the short term? Which is…baked in to their supposed revamp/expansion plans (figuring 2025/26 to be a “lost year” for the park?)

How does this affect the hotel side of things, especially given how low those stays already are?
Good question but in my opinion you are only talking about a subset of people -

There are folks who ONLY vacation at WDW and HATE Universal because they are not Disney.
There are folks who HATE DISNEY and only vacation at Universal.

Therefore, its that subset of folks that like both, and YES, Disney will lose days to these folks.

Yes I agree for these folks, Disney would lose these folks in the following order -
1st - AK
2nd - EPCOT
3rd - DHS

I think these folks, if they were going to go to WDW for one day would go to the MK.

I think the MK will retain the attendance title...... But I could be wrong on this one.

Vegas Disney Fan

There are folks who ONLY vacation at WDW and HATE Universal because they are not Disney.
There are folks who HATE DISNEY and only vacation at Universal.

Therefore, its that subset of folks that like both, and YES, Disney will lose days to these folks.

Yes I agree for these folks, Disney would lose these folks in the following order -
1st - AK
2nd - EPCOT
3rd - DHS

I think these folks, if they were going to go to WDW for one day would go to the MK.

I think the MK will retain the attendance title...... But I could be wrong on this one.
I think that group is shrinking though, 10 years ago you could have given us free tickets to Uni and we’d still have skipped the “screen” park in favor of spending more time at Disney, now we’ll happily sacrifice a couple Disney days to go to Universal.

That’s primarily because Universal has seriously stepped up their game with the Potter lands, Hagrids, Velocicoaster, etc but also partially because Disney isn’t as good as it was. The quality gap between Disney and Uni has never been smaller.

I don’t think we’ll ever have the same feelings towards the Uni character lineup that we have towards the Disney characters but as long as Uni keeps hitting it out of the park with new rides I think they’ll continue to eat into the exclusively Disney fanbase.

Disstevefan1

I think that group is shrinking though, 10 years ago you could have given us free tickets to Uni and we’d still have skipped the “screen” park in favor of spending more time at Disney, now we’ll happily sacrifice a couple Disney days to go to Universal.

That’s primarily because Universal has seriously stepped up their game with the Potter lands, Hagrids, Velocicoaster, etc but also partially because Disney isn’t as good as it was. The quality gap between Disney and Uni has never been smaller.

I don’t think we’ll ever have the same feelings towards the Uni character lineup that we have towards the Disney characters but as long as Uni keeps hitting it out of the park with new rides I think they’ll continue to eat into the exclusively Disney fanbase.
You bring up a good point. There are folks solidly on both sides, it’s how many “swing vacationers” Universal can pull over to their side.

Jrb1979

That is part of it. I also think the younger generation growing up now are also into different IP now. They don't have the attachment to Disney IP compared to previous generations.

My kid who is 4 is all about Peppa Pig, Cocomelon and Blippi.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

That’s what happens when parks are ran with the customer in mind and after Disney lays off imagineers who are then hired by Uni

rd805

Most definitely -- the only thing that i think this guarantee's, is that 2025 (or at least the 2nd half of it) is really going to be a crazy good Universal year in terms of profits.

Maybe Disney is still banking on the fact that people will give their bubble/parks 3-4 days of a week long vacation as they do Uni FOR EPIC, but even a 50/50 split is a massive increase to Universals cash flow $$ especially if they stay on site at Uni as opposed WDW.

Lilofan

That is part of it. I also think the younger generation growing up now are also into different IP now. They don't have the attachment to Disney IP compared to previous generations.

My cousins kids are those ages. Those three characters are completely foreign to them.

drew81

Hearing a rumor that Universal may not sell a single day park ticket for Epic Universe and require a 3 day park ticket minimum to go there. If that’s true, that’s going to be an even bigger hit on Disney (and that’s likely their plan)
If true, AK and Epcot about to lose some market share.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We all expect a fair and balanced trip report from you Sir.
I don’t shine Comcast’s turds either…
I try to be fair. The real issue people have with my style is Disney isn’t really doing a lot good. And as much as I like my nostalgia…that doesn’t run cover for failings when they literally have unlimited funds. It wasn’t always that way.

Disstevefan1

I don’t shine Comcast’s turds either…
I try to be fair. The real issue people have with my style is Disney isn’t really doing a lot good. And as much as I like my nostalgia…that doesn’t run cover for failings when they literally have unlimited funds. It wasn’t always that way.
When reviewing EPIC comparisons with WDW WILL HAPPEN, its normal and human. I am looking forward to your analysis. I presume you will not get free express pass to use in EPIC when staying in Hard Rock.

Will you purchase the Express Pass in EPIC ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When reviewing EPIC comparisons with WDW WILL HAPPEN, its normal and human. I am looking forward to your analysis. I presume you will not get free express pass to use in EPIC when staying in Hard Rock.

Will you purchase the Express Pass in EPIC ?
I might have missed it…but they haven’t actually said how they’re gonna handle it at epic, have they?

ConfettiCupcake

My kids are elementary aged and my observations are that for the most part the kids who are into Disney characters and Disney movies - with the exception of Marvel, are into them because their parents are actively ‘raising’ them Disney and likely Disney fans themselves or millenials with heavy nostalgia. Disney IP in general isn’t what’s big in my area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom