Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

The word on the streets regarding the new island isn’t great either.
I had a great time at Castaway going to the adult beach , eating fresh grilled fish sandwiches seeing from distance the trailers that the cast live on the island full time. If only the island can tell stories of the long runaway where it used to be a transport refuel connection hub of items moving from Colombia to South FL back in the 1970/early 80s.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Did you tell
About 5,000,000 of your neighbors to do the same?

Also…they aren’t actually ever getting to Orlando.
No my neighbors are the ones who told me 😆

Seriously though. People aren’t as up for baking in the sun as they used to be.

Are travel patterns the only thing hurting WDW in summer? No. Is it making things worse? Yes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No my neighbors are the ones who told me 😆

Seriously though. People aren’t as up for baking in the sun as they used to be.

Are travel patterns the only thing hurting WDW in summer? No. Is it making things worse? Yes.
The problem with this narrative is the decline

People aren’t “shifting”…they’re defecting

The problem is really the product for the price

People are spending and traveling…just not there.

They don’t even have the excuse universal has…which is an impeding major expansion. They have NOTHING Under constriction. Which should never happen at a Disney park anyway.
Listen to Walt there…it was the correct way.

Disstevefan1

Disney is in that typical circle --crowds are low so they scale back ---because they scale back less people go ----less people go Disney scales back more but at the same time charging more. I wonder if they teach that business model at Harvard
Universal parks was out of class that day, and its a good thing they were. ;)

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Hearing a rumor that Universal may not sell a single day park ticket for Epic Universe and require a 3 day park ticket minimum to go there. If that’s true, that’s going to be an even bigger hit on Disney (and that’s likely their plan)
This is what was initially leaked. If true, initially, yes, a ticket to EPIC will be part of a package only.

As much as folks hate the lack of freedom of choice here, I think this is a good idea (for Universal).
1. They wont suffer the typical drop in attendance in the other parks.
2, They are controlling the attendance to EPIC when they initially open, while they are working things out.

It has been also leaked, they will eventually sell single park day tickets to EPIC, just not initially.

IanDLBZF

This is what was initially leaked. If true, initially, yes, a ticket to EPIC will be part of a package only.

As much as folks hate the lack of freedom of choice here, I think this is a good idea (for Universal).
2, They are controlling the attendance to EPIC when they initially open, while they are working things out.

It has been also leaked, they will eventually sell single park day tickets to EPIC, just not initially.
And I’m sure fans are going to be not happy with NBCUniversal on the decision.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Disney will counter with the yet to be unleashed “buy a full priced ticket after 2 pm for animal kingdom…get a $10 coupon for rainforest cafe” promo.

They have to remove all benches and garbage cans in the park first to make room for all the queue lines

Disstevefan1

And I’m sure fans are going to be not happy with NBCUniversal on the decision.
Someone is always unhappy with a given decision by any company.

I think its a good idea (for Universal)

If they let folks just buy EPIC tickets, the other parks would be empty and EPIC would be MOBBED out of control.

One thing that makes me happy - NO PARK PASS RESERVATIONS!!!!

Tha Realest

If they let folks just buy EPIC tickets, the other parks would be empty and EPIC would be MOBBED out of control.

Can someone explain to me what the attendant affect would be to the Orlando theme park industry if suddenly for the first 6-12mos Universal had expanded to a required 3-day visit?

Seems like DAK attendance is the likeliest casualty here in the short term? Which is…baked in to their supposed revamp/expansion plans (figuring 2025/26 to be a “lost year” for the park?)

How does this affect the hotel side of things, especially given how low those stays already are?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Virtual queues and express pass as well

I’m gonna let everyone in on a secret:

I’m booking the package at hard rock when epic opens….🤫

Don’t tell Disney…I don’t want them throwing me out of DVC 😱

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can someone explain to me what the attendant affect would be to the Orlando theme park industry if suddenly for the first 6-12mos Universal had expanded to a required 3-day visit?

Seems like DAK attendance is the likeliest casualty here in the short term? Which is…baked in to their supposed revamp/expansion plans (figuring 2025/26 to be a “lost year” for the park?)

How does this affect the hotel side of things, especially given how low those stays already are?
Hard to guess for sure

My guess would be Epcot, dak and studios would take a hit…the first two more significantly

Probably springs as well…which may be a bigger problem.

There’s just no way to account for wdw being flat footed with nothing under way.

Can’t even blame the weather

Vegas Disney Fan

Disney is in that typical circle --crowds are low so they scale back ---because they scale back less people go ----less people go Disney scales back more but at the same time charging more. I wonder if they teach that business model at Harvard
Unfortunately it’s what corporate America teaches, everyone is so focused on the next quarterly report the long term success of the company is an afterthought.

They don’t care if saving $1 today will cost them $10 next year, it’s all about showing that extra dollar of profit on the next report.

Vegas Disney Fan

This is why so many of us are credulous that we’ll see a substantial portion of that $60bn/$17bn spent at WDW.
Based on recent results even if they do spend money at WDW the results will probably be underwhelming.

Tron is fun but too short, Guardians is amazing but the big blue box is a travesty, MMRR is just ok, Epcot revamp is just ok, the Disney Wish is nice but the worst ship in the fleet, Lookout Cay appears inferior to Castaway Cay… the modern Disney company doesn’t have the same creative talent it used to.

I kind of hope they don’t spend money at WDW until they have new leadership with more vision, we’re going to be stuck with whatever “ok” ideas they build for the rest of our lives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom