Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

CampbellzSoup

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

What’s up with this cheapness? It might be petty but Disney is about the details why scale bunting back?
This is the new Di$ney and what is frustrating me and others. It’s more about $ now than the guest experience. Prices go up, while some offerings and experiences go down

Last edited:

Lilofan

Disney is in that typical circle --crowds are low so they scale back ---because they scale back less people go ----less people go Disney scales back more but at the same time charging more. I wonder if they teach that business model at Harvard
Iger didn’t even get his MBA. After graduating from Ithaca he started in entry level at ABC as an assistant’s assistant ( aka gopher ) earning $150 per week and 50 years later with the company as CEO. In graduate business school they rarely teach you to think out of the box. When Conan O’ Brian who graduated with honors from Harvard was asked what Harvard learnings did he take when he made a career in Hollywood he remarked “ Absolutely Nothing “.

Last edited:

John park hopper

Iger didn’t even get his MBA. After graduating from Ithaca he started in entry level at ABC as an assistant’s assistant ( aka gopher ) earning $150 per week and 50 years later with the company as CEO. In graduate business school they rarely teach you to think out of the box.
That explains the very poor business decisions

Tha Realest

They’re not blaming it on Epic. They’re chalking it up to increased competition from cruises.
Who is “they?”

And if that’s true, that’s a lot of money Disney is losing out to its rivals. They’ve been comparatively slow to scale up their cruise line.

Tha Realest

Disney is in that typical circle --crowds are low so they scale back ---because they scale back less people go ----less people go Disney scales back more but at the same time charging more. I wonder if they teach that business model at Harvard
This is why so many of us are credulous that we’ll see a substantial portion of that $60bn/$17bn spent at WDW.

Lilofan

Who is “they?”

And if that’s true, that’s a lot of money Disney is losing out to its rivals. They’ve been comparatively slow to scale up their cruise line.
I believe DCL has 5 ships soon to have the 6th ship up and sailing. Disney and other cruise lines know how to play the game. Register the ships in the Bahamas as labor laws are not as stringent down there as if ships were to be registered in the USA where labor laws are more stringent.

Tha Realest

I believe DCL has 5 ships soon to have the 6th ship up and sailing. Disney and other cruise lines know how to play the game. Register the ships in the Bahamas as labor laws are not as stringent down there as if ships were to be registered in the USA where labor laws are more stringent.
Right. But only a portion of those have cruises in/out of Florida. The context was lower attendance in Orlando. If cruising it eating in to WDW revenue, DCL is only benefiting from a fraction of that offset revenue given its much smaller footprint in that industry.

Lilofan

The word on the streets regarding the new island isn’t great either.
I had a great time at Castaway going to the adult beach , eating fresh grilled fish sandwiches seeing from distance the trailers that the cast live on the island full time. If only the island can tell stories of the long runaway where it used to be a transport refuel connection hub of items moving from Colombia to South FL back in the 1970/early 80s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom