Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
After COVID I think parents became more comfortable pulling their kids out of school during the school year so there’s not as much of a necessity for families to visit during the summer.
We’ve already covered that excuse for days …almost 2 years actually.

Attendance is still DOWN. Disney has told you 4 out the last 5 quarters? And the one that just hit the books could Be UGLY. Not everyone is going in October or January…it’s LESS PEOPLE. on-site and off.
Occupancy is so bad they won’t admit it (I don’t bother old sources much…but there’s no waffling on this)

There is a growing crackdown on attendance that is spreading because of the Covid shift in habits.

I live in a very high earning suburb of one of the largest cities in the country…hell I can name more people with dvc than I can without…
…and they sent out a policy change to quash travel weeks in April. That wasn’t done as a “feeler” or lightly. Performance has dropped and how are our special little children gonna rule the world now? They can’t get into Rutgers or Penn state? 🐾

Bob told you Disney is invincible. And he hid under his desk and rode the wave.

To err is human.

Lilofan

Let’s do a temp check for the meteorological impaired:

Current temps

NYC 81
Atlanta 95
Oklahoma City 95
Montreal 84
Orlando 79

Just impossible to travel on vacation…get your Halloween tickets!!!
Your temp check is wrong. It’s currently 86 in Orlando not counting heat index. Do you spend 10-12 hours walking for miles, waiting in line where you are at like guests in WDW?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Your temp check is wrong. It’s currently 86 in Orlando not counting heat index. Do you spend 10-12 hours walking for miles, waiting in line where you are at like guests in WDW?
Not sure if you know this or not, but a lot of queues, dining, and merch locations are indoors which include AC. It’s hot, but it’s manageable and always has been to those who flocked there in the summer in the past

JD80

Not sure if you know this or not, but a lot of queues, dining, and merch locations are indoors which include AC. It’s hot, but it’s manageable and always has been to those who flocked there in the summer in the past
You're being purposefully rude and obtuse.

No matter how many rental reservations he steals from families, he still doesn't deserve that.

Jrb1979

1000000861.png

It was 83 in Sandusky today and people managed to stand in those lines for 10-12 hours today

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You're being purposefully rude and obtuse.

No matter how many rental reservations he steals from families, he still doesn't deserve that.
My reply there has nothing to do with his ridiculous rental reservations many caught attention to yesterday. We are past that.

My reply was factual. People used to flock there in the summer in the past. Many rides dinning shows merch etc are indoors in AC. It is hot but it’s manageable.

I don’t live in Florida, but it’s as hot here where I am as it is there. I’ve also been there in July and August before when it’s blistering hot with massive humidity. Is it my favorite time of year to visit, heck no, but it’s manageable

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My reply there has nothing to do with his ridiculous rental reservations many caught attention to yesterday. We are past that.

My reply was factual. People used to flock there in the summer in the past. Many rides dinning shows merch etc are indoors in AC. It is hot but it’s manageable.

I don’t live in Florida, but it’s as hot here where I am as it is there. I’ve also been there in July and August before when it’s blistering hot with massive humidity. Is it my favorite time of year to visit, heck no, but it’s manageable
Florida is gods waiting room

If it was completely unbearable then 60% of the population would leave from March to October.

The body adapts…always

JD80

Yes and Disney has incentivised people to go during other times of the year for decades along with families more willing to take kids out of school makes for spreading crowds out through the year. This isn't a new trend.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yes and Disney has incentivised people to go during other times of the year for decades along with families more willing to take kids out of school makes for spreading crowds out through the year. This isn't a new trend.
Trying to spread out crowds isn’t a new trend
Being this light on crowds in the summer however is. They had summer discounts on resorts AND tickets this summer as well

JoeCamel

First of all….. enjoy that! Haha.

But second - how’s Vegas doing in comparison to the Disney Parks? Are the shows and rooms keeping full?

I was curious so I looked it up…

82% occupancy in 2023

Approaching the record levels of 2007 and 2017

…but they had all those blizzards to keep things cool last year 🥶
Records....
As of May 29, 2024, Las Vegas had 3,513,500 visitors in April, which was a 3.8% increase from the previous April. This increase was due in part to over 500,000 convention attendees, which was a 36.3% increase from April 2023. Overall, Las Vegas had a record-breaking year for tourism in 2023, with 40,829,900 visitors, which was a 5.2% increase from 2022. This was the highest number of visitors since before the pandemic.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They’ve been doing that for 25 years…believe it or not I was IN THAT OFFICE!!

And yet…attendance rose on the whole. Not a small number..travel increased and Disney drove it in many ways.

So answer these (I won’t hold my breath):

1. When is the last time Travel as an industry was on the rise and Disney parks were not?
2. When is the last time Disney had declines without a major economic recession?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Records....
As of May 29, 2024, Las Vegas had 3,513,500 visitors in April, which was a 3.8% increase from the previous April. This increase was due in part to over 500,000 convention attendees, which was a 36.3% increase from April 2023. Overall, Las Vegas had a record-breaking year for tourism in 2023, with 40,829,900 visitors, which was a 5.2% increase from 2022. This was the highest number of visitors since before the pandemic.
Those 40 million fools need to read these threads more…
…don’t they know it’s too hot to travel? 🌞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom