Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

gorillaball

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Are you trying to say because they have a fall promo that fall attendance has not trended up over the last 10 years?
No, I’m saying if the fall is more crowded than the summer now, they would raise pricing in the fall and discount more in the summer.

More schools have fall breaks now so mid October has become a busier month for sure

gorillaball

No, I’m saying if the fall is more crowded than the summer now, they would raise pricing in the fall and discount more in the summer.

More schools have fall breaks now so mid October has become a busier month for sure
Which is all I was saying, generally speaking fall demand has risen while summer has dropped.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do I want to spend my vacation walking around a theme park in this? No, I don’t. And I think the people spending thousands of dollars to do so are crazy. No offense.

I’d be so miserable.

View attachment 796706

Scan around the United States and find the “cool” spots right now.

But beware: if you do it’s not gonna fit your pre-determined narrative in defense of big shot Bobby and tight pants

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Attendance is down…day by day…week by week…month by month.

How many times do people have to go at all points of the calendar and say it - all seasons, all holidays, a thousand excuses - before we stop with this?

HELL…Disney is telling you…along with people who have studied crowds for 20 damn years…and it still isn’t good enough.

What is the point here?

“I love Disney…therefore everyone loves Disney…therefore it’s worth it and everyone goes?”

That’s the crutch?

That’s sad frankly…explain it to me, please? Why does deny an attendance drop suit any “fan”?

Angel Ariel

But beware: if you do it’s not gonna fit your pre-determined narrative in defense of big shot Bobby and tight pants
We just got back from a week at the Outer Banks. It was glorious. And prices for houses there have skyrocketed in the last few years. It wasn't shocking that they rose during Covid as it was a way for families to vacation and stilll have a bubble, but the prices (and demand) haven't gone back to pre-COVID levels in the years since either.

TBH, it's a much easier vacation. No planning, low humidity, where we go there's much less crowds. I love Disney, but OBX is definitely an easier vacation both in planning and execution.

Stripes

Premium Member

Oh, it’s hot and humid in a lot of places. But not a lot of people dream of spending thousands on a vacation to walk 20 miles a day at a theme park in this weather.

I hope you see the difference.

JD80

Oh, it’s hot and humid in a lot of places. But not a lot of people dream of spending thousands on a vacation to walk 20 miles a day at a theme park in this weather.

I hope you see the difference.
I'm on vacation at Rohobeth Beach. It's 80/90. It's fantastic right now.

110 in Orlando? Lol. I don't want cool in the summer, but there is a huge difference between 110 and 90.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We just got back from a week at the Outer Banks. It was glorious. And prices for houses there have skyrocketed in the last few years. It wasn't shocking that they rose during Covid as it was a way for families to vacation and stilll have a bubble, but the prices (and demand) haven't gone back to pre-COVID levels in the years since either.

TBH, it's a much easier vacation. No planning, low humidity, where we go there's much less crowds. I love Disney, but OBX is definitely an easier vacation both in planning and execution.

No argument

And being 20 miles offshore is a nice breeze bonus 😎

You know…when the kids were smaller we went to HHI with some consistency…even in the “hades” season…
And now when I’m looking at the genie app for hours on end…I find myself missing hilton head.

Sure it’s just as hot…sometime worse…but there’s a simplicity to it. Enjoy the sun and sample restaurants.
But without a ride hassle. And without having to look at the same things you’ve bought for years Jump in price in noticeable manners.

The strain they’ve inflicted on customers by choice is really chopping wood now. By choice. Bad management.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm on vacation at Rohobeth Beach. It's 80/90. It's fantastic right now.

110 in Orlando? Lol. I don't want cool in the summer, but there is a huge difference between 110 and 90.
It’s never been 110 in Orlando.

And rehobeth is on the water.

Orlando never was.

And yet…remember the 2 hour waits in the 70s/80s/90s on liquified asphalt in July?

No you don’t…but you can be assured they existed.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s 80 and sunny where I’m at and low humidity.

If you’ll notice…the kids are also out of school and not at lacrosse camp either…

They really should move All that stuff to today…since everyone will be in wdw basking in magic in October
(Even though their hotel occupancy is still trash…yes…it’s possible to check)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom