Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Stripes

Premium Member
Do I want to spend my vacation walking around a theme park in this? No, I don’t. And I think the people spending thousands of dollars to do so are crazy. No offense.

I’d be so miserable.

IMG_0873.jpeg

SamusAranX

Do I want to spend my vacation walking around a theme park in this? No, I don’t. And I think the people spending thousands of dollars to do so are crazy. No offense.

I’d be so miserable.

View attachment 796706
I tend to agree but with how dead summer is it’s worth it for some who want short lines and manageable park crowds. Also saves money on FastGenie Bolt Lane Super+ or whatever they’re calling it nowadays

flyerjab

We were in MK all day yesterday. We have been in the parks countless times in the summer when it was just as hot as it was yesterday. And it was crazy full on many of those days.

Yesterday was not full, especially for the day before July 4th. In the afternoon we did standby for 7DMT because it was only 30 minutes. The walkways were easy to get through. A lot of attractions at that time were 10 to 15 minutes. We went to Starbucks and went right to the counter to order. I don’t think that ever happened before. There was literally zero wait. Walking through the Emporium was also easy to do.

My wife has said that she is seeing things from a reservations perspective that just isn’t typical. DVC room availability has been very favorable. Getting 2 nights at Riviera literally a week prior to the trip has been almost impossible before. She said that there is room availability everywhere.

Look, I am way more in the pixie dust category compared to others on these forums. I have been coming to the parks regularly the past 15 years, this year it is noticeable. You can’t miss it when you are walking around the parks.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I’d be so miserable.

View attachment 796706
While that is hot, it really isn't that much hotter than where I live right now. I understand most don't like the heat. My question is how do any of you manage anywhere in the summer? Most places it's hot now.

Lilofan

While that is hot, it really isn't that much hotter than where I live right now. I understand most don't like the heat. My question is how do any of you manage anywhere in the summer? Most places it's hot now.
One major difference is at home I don't walk what seems for miles and or stand out melting like a popsicle for many hours in the day as we would do at WDW. Fortunately we can make the time to vacation minus the brutal heat and humidity of the summer. The most ideal temps is when our family vacations at DLR with beautiful temps, little to no rain and low humidity even in the summertime.

Ayla

Serious question, have you ever visited WDW June through September?

Jrb1979

Serious question, have you ever visited WDW June through September?
Yes. A couple of times. It's not as bad as make it out to be. Yes the humidity is worse than most places in the summer. Then again I spend the summer visiting different parks across the country so I'm used to being at parks in the heat

You're also talking to a guy who loves Vegas in the summer.

Ayla

Yes. A couple of times. It's not as bad as make it out to be. Yes the humidity is worse than most places in the summer. Then again I spend the summer visiting different parks across the country so I'm used to being at parks in the heat

You're also talking to a guy who loves Vegas in the summer.
There is zero comparison between Vegas and Orlando in the summer. For reference, the current dew point in Vegas is 31 (F) degrees and it is 75 (F) in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom