Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I’m finally going to be at Disney in 24hrs. Can’t wait

From what I’ve seen a lot of thunder and rain right now. Am I very wrong. How hot is it
Here is the forecast every day:
1. It’s surface of the sun hot
2. It’s going to rain

There’s no point in checking the weather. It’s the same every day for 6 months.

davis_unoxx

IMG_6618.png
IMG_6619.png
IMG_6620.png
IMG_6621.png

Minnesota disney fan

I was answering someone saying it’d be hard to be “trapped” at Universal without a car.

We did 6 days there, but only 3 dedicated park days. The other three were pool days with a few outings, recovering from 7 straight park days (WDW first).

Universal is much better for the relaxation days because the hotel cost is so much more affordable.
We did 3 1/2 days last year at Universal, and that was not enough, with no car. We fly in, get transportation to Universal and never leave. It works for us.
This fall we are dong 5 1/2 days and I hope that will be enough for us, again with no car.
We are not "go to the rides" all day long people. I'm getting too old for that, LOL.
We like to wander around, take our time, check out all the different shops, and find all the seemingly hidden sights around the parks. There are so many that it would take me more than 5 days to find them all. I guess it's that we take a slower approach now and really take everything in. The resorts are fantastic too and have the best food, IMO. But the food around Universal and City Walk are all fine too.

bwr827

We did 3 1/2 days last year at Universal, and that was not enough, with no car. We fly in, get transportation to Universal and never leave. It works for us.
This fall we are dong 5 1/2 days and I hope that will be enough for us, again with no car.
We are not "go to the rides" all day long people. I'm getting too old for that, LOL.
We like to wander around, take our time, check out all the different shops, and find all the seemingly hidden sights around the parks. There are so many that it would take me more than 5 days to find them all. I guess it's that we take a slower approach now and really take everything in. The resorts are fantastic too and have the best food, IMO. But the food around Universal and City Walk are all fine too.
This angle doesn’t seem to come up too much from those who dismiss the idea of anything more than a single add-on day at Universal, as they meanwhile plan for multiple days that aren’t 100% ride-focused at WDW.

MickeyLuv'r

I think you should be a weatherman :)

Thanks
Having been to WDW in the summer many times, I find it is usually manageable, but I advise a few things:

1. drink lots of water. It also helps to drink some electrolytes. This is where electrolyte water, and/or something like Gatorade/Liquid I.V. can be helpful. Avoid artificial sweeteners if possible. Other good options are apple juice and lemonade. Getting some bottled drinks delivered is an option, since much of WDW's offerings are meh or overpriced. You can also get free ice water at WDW and Universal.

2. Take an afternoon break. The humidity often builds until there is a storm. For some reason, I find 11am feels the most intense, but then 11:30-1pm is okay. We usually take a break from about 2pm until about 5pm. If we don't, then we get sleepy. This is often also when storms roll through.

3. You can try cooling towels. They are inexpensive and sorta help. We had mixed feelings , and only used them some days/times. Strategic indoor activities are also helpful, like maybe a character greet.

4. Peripheral hours are good in the parks. Temps go down a bit after dark. But nights are still usually warm enough for swimming and water rides. After any storms pass, the temps are often great.

5. keep an eye on weather reports. Always possible to have a severe storm. I strongly disagree with the advice to ignore the weather report. It only takes a second to check using your phone. Many rides/boats/animal attractions stop running during storms, so it is good to do those in the AM or late PM.

6. Water tolerant shoes. At WDW, we rarely get blisters, but usually bring something like moleskin for blisters. (cheap, comes in a sheet) Another great product is called Body Glide. Hate the name, but it is good at preventing blisters and chafing. If you can't get it, in a pinch, you can also use regular deodorant stick like Degree. there are now other brands of similar products just as good as Body Glide. We try to swap between 2 pairs of shoes, where water tolerant shoes are handy for the pool and wet rides like Kali.

7. Fresh produce helps. If we eat crap, we tend to feel like crap. Healthy food is in short supply at WDW. One option is salad. Groceries (delivered) is another, except if you don't have a knife/kitchen you are limited. Good options: blueberries, oranges, tangerines, grapes, baby carrots, prepped fruit, tomatoes, pineapple, and applesauce packs. Both WDW and Universal have limited fresh fruit carts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom