Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Lilofan

View attachment 795409

I am 20 minutes from Nashville. We have 12 three star hotels in our area in the $100 to $150 range. This is 4th of July weekend with the "guitar drop" fireworks. The 3rd biggest fireworks show in the US for July 4th.
Our friend is moving to Watertown TN population 1K for the quiet retired life in their newly built home to a much cheaper COL. I think Nashville is the closest major city. I'm envious.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Our friend is moving to Watertown TN population 1K for the quiet retired life in their newly built home to a much cheaper COL. I think Nashville is the closest major city. I'm envious.
My brother lives 30 miles from Nashville. It takes well over an hour to get to Nashville due to I40 traffic! He says that people from Nashville are now buying up land and building all over his area, even in more remote places. All of the towns in that range around Nashville are having a property/housing boom, even with the long and frustrating drive to Nashville. There is more crime in Nashville now and only one of the reasons people are leaving Nashville in droves. Many parts of the town that were safe are not now.

Lilofan

My brother lives 30 miles from Nashville. It takes well over an hour to get to Nashville due to I40 traffic! He says that people from Nashville are now buying up land and building all over his area, even in more remote places. All of the towns in that range around Nashville are having a property/housing boom, even with the long and frustrating drive to Nashville. There is more crime in Nashville now and only one of the reasons people are leaving Nashville in droves. Many parts of the town that were safe are not now.
Seems like TN developers are pursuing opportunities to cash in. Some like our friend selling their 6 figure home in expensive Northeast and moving to rural TN ( at least for now ) to a newly built home to enjoy their golden years to escape the rat race.

Lilofan

You mean the place where you’re at for 2-3 hours and can reasonably plan to eat before or after, vs a place you’re at for most of the day?
That's us in the movie theatre. We eat a big meal before the show and have no desire to buy the overpriced theatre menu items. Similar prior to going in the parks in the AM, just lite meal during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom