Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Went to Gideon’s around 3 pm today, 10 people in line in front took under 5 min to get inside. Had lunch special at STK $9.99 wagyu burger, super quiet there too.

Ate at Boathouse last night, was quiet there too server and host said very unusual…
Same with Gideon’s the other day….boathouse Saturday night was busy…but taking walk ups

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you select these places for value or because they were quiet. looking at prices around disney springs theres a mix of fairly priced eating or pushing the boat out. unless im mistaken
The STK bar/happy hour menu is a really good deal…the restaurant prices are the highest in springs. It appears they did the former

Gideon’s used to always have a virtual queue…they don’t seem to be needing it.

Boathouse has a wide range of options/prices

No places should be slow in springs…it’s always been quite busy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney ain't the only beast hurting..... MLB is really taking a hit as well

Baltimore, Atlanta, and even Philly have sent multiple discounted offers my way....currently in Atl if you spend $100 at Big Orange you can get two free Braves tickets
Other than the nfl…the other leagues have all taken gate hits - pretty severe - the last few years.

Not hard to figure that one out either

LSLS

Baltimore, Atlanta, and even Philly have sent multiple discounted offers my way....currently in Atl if you spend $100 at Big Orange you can get two free Braves tickets
Boy, comparing Disney to the MLB is a weird way to try and defend their drop considering how far the MLB has fallen in both tv and attendance in the last 4 decades or so.

BUT, hilariously, MLB saw a decent INCREASE in attendance in 2023. Now, I don't know 2024 (in no small part because I don't know baseball at all. Does attendance increase in like August, or is it's largest numbers at the start of the season?), but they did see an uptick.

LSLS

The STK bar/happy hour menu is a really good deal…the restaurant prices are the highest in springs. It appears they did the former

Gideon’s used to always have a virtual queue…they don’t seem to be needing it.

Boathouse has a wide range of options/prices

No places should be slow in springs…it’s always been quite busy.
I will say, last time I was at Gideons, they did not have a virtual que, but the line was still almost 30 minutes. I mean, 10 people in line and 5 minutes to get in is still waiting to get into the line in the building (it's amazing how well that place really does).

Lilofan

The Mets at Citi Field had a recent promotion - $1 hot dogs. 21K fans attended, and 44K hot dogs were consumed. Some fans stepped up to the 9-9-9 challenge ( 1 hot dog and 1 beer , every inning ). That was probably more amusing than the hapless Mets. Attendance would pick up during Food and Wine, guests drinking around World Showcase. I started in Mexico but was sloshed by the midway point , American Adventure.

JD80

I just think there is a major shift in entertainment going on culturally even before COVID. Millennials are growing older, now we're in our 40s. You are starting to see a majority of the money spending demographics are those who grew up with or had their formative years being on the internet.

COVID hyper accelerated it.

People don't want to spend money the same way they did 10-20 years ago. People are self curating even more now. That will effect everything from vacations, to restaurants to movie theatres.

Just like arcades used to be popular 40 years ago, they no longer exist the same way. Same thing is happening to other things.

plutofan15

Boy, comparing Disney to the MLB is a weird way to try and defend their drop considering how far the MLB has fallen in both tv and attendance in the last 4 decades or so.

BUT, hilariously, MLB saw a decent INCREASE in attendance in 2023. Now, I don't know 2024 (in no small part because I don't know baseball at all. Does attendance increase in like August, or is it's largest numbers at the start of the season?), but they did see an uptick.
Traditionally MLB attendance numbers are are lowest from the beginning of the season until the beginning of June. Attendance tends to trend up once schools let out for the summer, particularly weekday night games.

Poseidon Quest

7:30am at Artist Palette at Saratoga. Normally crowded with people eating and getting to go orders. I was literally the only one here at the time other than cast members. Very odd.

Oh another family came in now. Standby

Went to Gideon’s around 3 pm today, 10 people in line in front took under 5 min to get inside. Had lunch special at STK $9.99 wagyu burger, super quiet there too.

Ate at Boathouse last night, was quiet there too server and host said very unusual…

To further elaborate on crowds, I went to Animal Kingdom last Friday and while it was the start of the holiday weekend, was still pretty quiet. I previously went to Magic Kingdom two days before specifically to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern and the park was a ghost town. Many restaurants had A-frames up at lunch time advertising that they had seating availability.

The week before I also went to Epcot to try Space 220 and after having heard that it's really difficult to get in there, it was an instant walk-up and half the restaurant was empty during lunch.

This summer appears to be more dead than the last and I don't think it's the heat keeping people away. I think Disney is finally seeing that bridge they burned with consumer trust coming back to bite them.

Dad 2 M & M

The comparison was more short term/contemporary to the upcoming summer/fall. The teams mentioned had uptick(s) last year resulting from their performance. Thoughts were demand would be higher to start the season….

On another note…on another industry…it’s not hard to get a table a decent restaurants nowadays….
Traditionally MLB attendance numbers are are lowest from the beginning of the season until the beginning of June. Attendance tends to trend up once schools let out for the summer, particularly weekday night games.
Yes, lower early for sure, especially before school lets out. The Braves are really promoting a Flex plan if one is willing to commit to six games. The percentage saving is not very high and I’d expect the discount to be enhanced soon and maybe the six game commit to be reduced as well

PREMiERdrum

The comparison was more short term/contemporary to the upcoming summer/fall. The teams mentioned had uptick(s) last year resulting from their performance. Thoughts were demand would be higher to start the season….

On another note…on another industry…it’s not hard to get a table a decent restaurants nowadays….

Yes, lower early for sure, especially before school lets out. The Braves are really promoting a Flex plan if one is willing to commit to six games. The percentage saving is not very high and I’d expect the discount to be enhanced soon and maybe the six game commit to be reduced as well
My Cleveland Guardians launched a new ballpark pass, which for $49 a month gets you standing room access to every home game. Given the stadium's many bars and social areas, all with great views of the field, this has been hugely popular.

Adapting to changing segment dynamics is a far better answer than stomping your foot, insisting you're right, and simply demanding more money from your new, smaller customer base.

TeriofTerror

My Cleveland Guardians launched a new ballpark pass, which for $49 a month gets you standing room access to every home game. Given the stadium's many bars and social areas, all with great views of the field, this has been hugely popular.

Adapting to changing segment dynamics is a far better answer than stomping your foot, insisting you're right, and simply demanding more money from your new, smaller customer base.
You're a Guardians fan? I knew I liked you!

LSLS

Wow, being a few hours away, that may be worth looking into. Just for like 4 or 5 games it'd be worth it (and I don't even really like baseball, which I'm assuming is what makes this a good/smart promotion).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The week before I also went to Epcot to try Space 220 and after having heard that it's really difficult to get in there, it was an instant walk-up and half the restaurant was empty during lunch.

Theres a reason for that. The food can be a very iffy option there. In April I had what they were calling a 'steak' and the knife they supplied (and it was a good quality German one) wasnt up to the task of cutting it, so I sent it back and replaced it with fish.

PREMiERdrum

You're a Guardians fan? I knew I liked you!
Grew up here in Columbus, but some of my earliest sports memories are seeing the Browns and Indians play at Municipal, and we had season tickets during the consecutive sellout streak at The Jake.

Wow, being a few hours away, that may be worth looking into. Just for like 4 or 5 games it'd be worth it (and I don't even really like baseball, which I'm assuming is what makes this a good/smart promotion).
Honestly, the atmosphere at Progressive Field is up there among the best in the league, and both recent renovations have smashed the food and bar options out of the park (so to speak). You can have a traditional ballgame experience if you'd like, but you can also spend time in the beer gardens trying all sorts of local crafts, and nosh on some great CLE food.

Dad 2 M & M

Philly had similar in years past….wasn’t entire season but August/September as I recollect

I believe Baltimore had something like that last year as well….

Lilofan

I just think there is a major shift in entertainment going on culturally even before COVID. Millennials are growing older, now we're in our 40s. You are starting to see a majority of the money spending demographics are those who grew up with or had their formative years being on the internet.

COVID hyper accelerated it.

People don't want to spend money the same way they did 10-20 years ago. People are self curating even more now. That will effect everything from vacations, to restaurants to movie theatres.

Just like arcades used to be popular 40 years ago, they no longer exist the same way. Same thing is happening to other things.
The shift to many spending hours and hours with their faces glued to their PCs , iphones, iPads do I believe some affect their ability to be in social settings like going on vacation. There was a time a few months ago that our area lost internet access for several hours. Panic and anxiety set into a number of folks in my area. That's pretty sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom