Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’ll say it…because the lid was taken off pride gouging and they lost control of it.

So a year of rather modest pay increases on the lower end were very quickly eclipsed by increases in the hundreds of percentages in many cases for both necessary and disposable costs.

Here Endeth the lesson.

We are in an era of slow boiling economic rage.
Price gouging too! 👀😂

Received an E-mail from our travel company regarding refurb works going on at Disney music hotel. The food hall was being updated from 1st July to 31st July. Bit disappointed. They then realised they were given the wrong info and we were then told that it’s the Disney ALL STAR MOVIE. You can still order food and drink but will be through the mydisney app. So if any1 is staying at that hotel or thinking just a heads up

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
New Disney strat: go during the holidays.
That's not without its merits at this point.

And for the billionth time…the wait times are NOT and indicator of the park crowds. Parks make money by having more people in them to buy things.

People waiting in standby lines are a loss

So I saw MK wait times peak out at 65-70 minutes today, mid-afternoon, with Pirates and CoP down. That's an obvious indication that the parks are jam-packed. Everything is fine! Bob and Josh are geniuses!! GIVE DISNEY MOAR MONEEE!!!

High room rates, plus high ticket prices for rides that are 50 years old and even the few new things they've built break down frequently, plus high merch and food/bev prices... Who could say "no" to that?!?!

UNCgolf

Minor quibble, but I think this is only selectively true, mostly with character meals, prix fixe meals, and certain signature snacks. Quick service and standard table service are generally in line with my expectations.

I both agree and disagree -- I don't think the prices for most table service meals are really out of line with what I'd expect at a decent restaurant (it's not like they're charging $50 for chicken parmesan), but I do think the quality on offer is subpar for some (if not many) Disney restaurants, and that's where the price starts to feel a little questionable.

Flying Fish? No issues with the price whatsoever; it was excellent and worth every penny. The Boma breakfast buffet (and presumably lunch/dinner too based on general consensus, although I've never been) also goes here.

Via Napoli? The food quality wasn't quite where it should be, but it wasn't a big deal. California Grill fell into this category as well (before the prix fixe menu), although I was a bit more disappointed in it than Via Napoli.

Tony's Town Square? Absolutely terrible food that was insanely overpriced for the quality offered.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There has been an unsupported internal belief that their measures would take hold and beat the trend. With bookings out on a long calendar, there has been enough leeway to imagine a light at the end.

This summer season is going to be brutal for them.
Go put that on the D23 thread…the last defenders have appear to make it their “Alamo” for the day

MickeyLuv'r

I both agree and disagree -- I don't think the prices for most table service meals are really out of line with what I'd expect at a decent restaurant (it's not like they're charging $50 for chicken parmesan),
$17 for chicken parm as an appetizer at Maria& Enzo's
$29 at Trattoria al Forno
$21 for it as a sandwich at Terralina, or $29 as an entree, or $28 as an entree combo (w/ eggplant parm)

The newly opened off-property Simply Capri does not have chick parm, but eggplant parm appetizer is $14 (worth mentioning because it is owned by the same restaurant group that runs Space 200 and the two Italian eateries in Epcot).

While Olive Garden has it for $18

:) I was curious after reading your post!

(For what it is worth, I think character meals/'Ohana at $60 per person is a bit crazy, but some of the other TS are not as crazy compared to non-WDW TS. Then again, I'm not as big on all TS-style dining as I once was.)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
$17 for chicken parm as an appetizer at Maria& Enzo's
$29 at Trattoria al Forno
$21 for it as a sandwich at Terralina, or $29 as an entree, or $28 as an entree combo (w/ eggplant parm)

The newly opened off-property Simply Capri does not have chick parm, but eggplant parm appetizer is $14 (worth mentioning because it is owned by the same restaurant group that runs Space 200 and the two Italian eateries in Epcot).

While Olive Garden has it for $18

:) I was curious after reading your post!

(For what it is worth, I think character meals/'Ohana at $60 per person is a bit crazy, but some of the other TS are not as crazy compared to non-WDW TS. Then again, I'm not as big on all TS-style dining as I once was.)

Clutch your perls, Be Our Guest is now over 70 pp.

Went to Gideon’s around 3 pm today, 10 people in line in front took under 5 min to get inside. Had lunch special at STK $9.99 wagyu burger, super quiet there too.

Ate at Boathouse last night, was quiet there too server and host said very unusual
Did you select these places for value or because they were quiet. looking at prices around disney springs theres a mix of fairly priced eating or pushing the boat out. unless im mistaken

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom