Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Smugpugmug

Last time we did Deluxe hours it wasn’t much of a perk. In hindsight, there were a lot of people using LL, which didn’t make sense at the time but does now that some of the DAS abuse issues are more widely known. They were also less than vigilant in restricting ride access to Deluxe stays
I did the extended hours last week at MK and it seemed really busy. For example Mine Train was a posted 25 min wait but actually took 45-closer to 50. I did see people not staying at a deluxe resort trying to get into every ride I got in queue for. None of the CMs let them through but I thought it was interesting that it happened at every ride.

Dad 2 M & M

When we did it, all our magic bands were scanned at every ride before we could even enter the line.
Same here....even had a few scanning when moving from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland
Yes. Which happened, then the guests staying at POR pleaded their case to the cast member who let them in anyway.
That is what were witnessed at Small World....CM wasn't hearing it.....the non-Deluxe guests left irritated....couldn't believe they couldn't/weren't allowed to enter as "it's just Small World"

Dad 2 M & M

I did the extended hours last week at MK and it seemed really busy. For example Mine Train was a posted 25 min wait but actually took 45-closer to 50. I did see people not staying at a deluxe resort trying to get into every ride I got in queue for. None of the CMs let them through but I thought it was interesting that it happened at every ride.
Mine Train line was crazy til less than 1 hour before Extended ended....that is usually the case and follows for the After Hours as well....ride late

We saw peeps trying at most of the rides as well, only to be turned away. Seemed to be heavy at the beginning of the evening

Andrew25

Can't compare the WDW/UOR parks to SeaWorld crowd levels when more than half of SeaWorld's tickets are now comprised of some form of free admission ticket lol

APs get 2 free tickets, plus teachers, military members, and emergency personnel as well.

SeaWorld is very busy during the weekend, but becomes a ghost town during the week when APs/locals are at work.

Andrew25

Ignite only being weekends will do that too. Even though I know it will be more crowded I’m still going to SWO on a Friday so that I get to see Ignite.
Agree with you there.

Ignite is a seriously underrated nighttime show. Arguably fighting for the #2 spot of best nighttime spectacular in Orlando at the moment.

Smugpugmug

Mine Train line was crazy til less than 1 hour before Extended ended....that is usually the case and follows for the After Hours as well....ride late

We saw peeps trying at most of the rides as well, only to be turned away. Seemed to be heavy at the beginning of the evening
That's the thing though...I did go to Mine Train later in the event and still waited almost 50 minutes. I guess everyone else had the same idea. At least the bus back to my resort was quiet.

Dad 2 M & M

That's the thing though...I did go to Mine Train later in the event and still waited almost 50 minutes. I guess everyone else had the same idea. At least the bus back to my resort was quiet.
The thing is….we don’t HAVE TO ride the Mine Train. We don’t place an extremely high value on it, will certainly ride it if the wait is minimal, but will not sacrifice precious After Hour or Extended Evening time….too much of an opportunity cost….especially when one of the other Mountains can’t be ridden 3+ for equivalent time commitment…..

Definitely a cool ride, but not must do on our itinerary

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There has been an unsupported internal belief that their measures would take hold and beat the trend. With bookings out on a long calendar, there has been enough leeway to imagine a light at the end.

This summer season is going to be brutal for them.
What if that light was actually... a headlight on a train? 🤔

I could in no uncertain terms believe there is enough hubris in the various Disney boardrooms that they believe what they are doing is sufficient to induce guest demand. They've shown nothing but unbridled hubris for over a decade, so why would they think things are any different now?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
What if that light was actually... a headlight on a train? 🤔

I could in no uncertain terms believe there is enough hubris in the various Disney boardrooms that they believe what they are doing is sufficient to induce guest demand. They've shown nothing but unbridled hubris for over a decade, so why would they think things are any different now?
I think everyone is just waiting for the Tiana ride to open 👀

Grimley1968

Or everyone is just going to the beaches where it’s cheaper for a family to vacate lol

We spent a week in Cocoa Beach in March, and our cost was something like 1/4 the cost of our last Disney weeklong vacation in late 2020, and that's with nicer accommodations, one day at Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center, better food, sea breezes, almost no stress, and with over 3 years of inflation included.

Disstevefan1

We spent a week in Cocoa Beach in March, and our cost was something like 1/4 the cost of our last Disney weeklong vacation in late 2020, and that's with nicer accommodations, one day at Kennedy Space Center Visitors Center, better food, sea breezes, almost no stress, and with over 3 years of inflation included.
Kennedy Space Center is GREAT!!!

Grimley1968

Kennedy Space Center is GREAT!!!

ITA. I'm the space nut in my family, and I could spend far more than a single day there, but for everyone else in my family the beach is calling. I did get to see a Falcon Heavy launch (and the double booster return to land) from the soccer pitch viewing area next to the Visitors Center in January 2023. That was unbelievable.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Spend a week being pickpocketed daily by Disney, or spend a week with your toes in the sand and smelling the ocean from your rental for 1/4 of the price. And attendance is down and looking weak for the foreseeable future. What say you, TDO, why is attendance down at WDW? Is it too hot? Politics? Solar flares? An iceberg lost a chunk in the Arctic? Diseased monkeys dropped dead in a South American jungle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom