Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Nubs70

Enchantment wasn't keeping people in MK. Large number of people weren't even watching it. Contrast that to HEA. The only opinion that matters on Enchantment vs. HEA is $$$. More people are staying to watch and spend afterwards vs. Enchantment.

Genie+ was the Bob's lazy and cheap way to pad to the bottom line without investing in WDW. Now that money has gone from being a bonus to a dependency. The Bob's have neglected WDW and DL at the same time increasing prices across the board. When you try to brand yourself as "luxury" but treat the product like Six Flags, you can now see the result of their hubris.

If WDW's target demographic is the one and done customer, why change anything?? Any show/attraction will be a magical first for the customer WDW caters too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I appreciate your methodology. I do not know if posted wait times = actual wait times. I tend to view the post-Genie+ period like the “juiced ball” era in MLB.
How about juiced customers?
1686765028385.jpeg

Ayla

Travel recessions hit before regular ones…at least everytime since V-J day

The one outlier was the housing crash…because that was a REAL crash and gross financial malfeasance institutionally.

But yes…Orlando slowing is systemic…

But that doesn’t mean it’s not entirely price overreach.

You know Disney can’t sell dvc for the last 2 years?
What’s that telling you?
I had someone tell me yesterday that Disney would sell out the new Poly DVC eyesore if they put it up for pre-sale. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

My response was if that were true, they'd do it.

DisneyDebRob

Pics? Just Checked the wait times and they appear as they have been for months.

Not bad considering their low capacity.

I’m sure it’s hot…it’s Orlando in June. If you want cool, go to Minnesota
IMG_4200.png

🙄 Climate change I guess. I have friends in the twin cities and they would always say come here if you want cool. They don’t say it to much anymore.😃

dreday3

Chicago has been having a lovely cool summer so far! :D A few days of real heat, but the rest has been very nice.

El Nino. Should have a mild winter supposedly.

How does this relate to attendance? Why, it doesn't! Bye!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Lilofan

I love the heat. In Ontario our winters seem to last forever so I welcome the heat when we get it. I love going to Vegas
Vegas heat in the summertime hit me like a ton of bricks. Years ago I was glad some guys every or so 25 yards were selling from their makeshift coolers ice cold soda and or beer while I was walking on the Strip.

Jenny72

Anecdotal, I know, but the only park that has felt unpleasantly crowded to me this trip has been MK. We spent the morning today at AK and did every ride as a near walk-on other than Flight, which was about 35 min. (The posted times were higher, it's true.) It really is baking hot, so we're taking a mid-day break, but will try MK later. As I said in another post, we don't use cell phones so we're flying blind for the most part. That means either we've been very lucky or things are not too bad. But MK seemed like normal wall-to-wall crowds to me.

bpiper

They wrecked themselves the minute they bought Valuejet…sorry - “airtran” for the kids at home…

It’s a 1:1 correlation on the timeline.

But I did notice something interesting…Southwest’s route problems are attributed to them not having enough planes.

So they only have 737s…which was lauded because it kept costs low. But a large part of their fleet aged out over the last 10 years.

New planes…no problem. Except it was the 737 Max.

They still don’t have enough jets…playing catch-up for years.

Philly had 9-11 nonstops per day to Orlando for their first 10 years in the market.
They current have 3 per week.

Check who else is flying from Philly. Spirit and Frontier have moved into some of the NE airports going to MCO, causing Southwest to cut their number of flights.
Why anyone would fly those two airlines is beyond me.

Also their planes seat more now. Between cramming in more seats and switching to larger planes, it lessens the number of flight that have to make to move the same number of passengers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom