Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

CntrlFlPete

We had a lot of fun in those…talked to a lot of people

Even when fastpass went in the line moved

It was the prebooked crap combined with no new capacity that killed this

yep, I mean w/ the pre-book, they added a fast lane to all the rides. Remember in the fast pass (pre+) days, one could ride attractions such as Pirates, HM, IASW.....all w/o merger points/fast pass lanes. One really only missed out if they couldn't get over to Midway Mania at rope drop.

different times!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I did a very similar sailing as well I want to say it was last year?? I am like 20 nminutes from Bayonne so we hopped on the Summit, went to Bermuda, then to Charleston, South Carolina, then up to Newport Rhode Island and we were supposed to hit Martha's Vineyard but some stormy weather had other ideas about that!!! It was an AMAZING trip, I loved it!!! The South Carolina part and the Newport Stop were my favorites. Lots of historical sites including the Citadel and the Breakers Mansion. Marie

I love all these spots. Newport is my favorite old money town.

Charleston harbor area is outstanding. The last time I was there I went to bill Murray’s place and he was there.

I also love Savannah…the boozy trolley tours and one of my favorite history geek spots

Now I want to take a
Trip 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
yep, I mean w/ the pre-book, they added a fast lane to all the rides. Remember in the fast pass (pre+) days, one could ride attractions such as Pirates, HM, IASW.....all w/o merger points/fast pass lanes. One really only missed out if they couldn't get over to Midway Mania at rope drop.

different times!
They never should have added those lanes…it was a mistake they still can’t get around.

DisneyHead123

I know your post was about the cruises, but I know once upon a time some people did do "resort only" vacations at WDW - I cannot fathom just how crazy it would be to do that today. I mean, the places you could go on and practically be waited on hand and foot for the same price that Disney charges for hotel rooms and food...
I swear I read somewhere that resort only vacations are becoming a bigger trend at Disney right now.

BrianLo

I don't think everybody wants one type of vacation, as in they always go to the same place or eat at the same restaurant, but it's more about the style of vacation. If you're the type like me that wants to pack in multiple activities, shops, museums, etc. Lounging around a ship, eating and relaxing, that doesn't appeal to me personally.

Just to correct a misconception, a cruise is also not one type of vacation either.

Sounds like you might enjoy a Mediterranean voyage, where you basically don’t spend time on the ship.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just to correct a misconception, a cruise is also not one type of vacation either.

Sounds like you might enjoy a Mediterranean voyage, where you basically don’t spend time on the ship.
Yeah… it’s amazing how many people equate cruises to a bunch of blue hairs sleeping all day on the lido deck or getting robbed by the warmed armed bandit…

Which is less of a thing on every new ship for 30-40 years

pigglewiggle

Yeah… it’s amazing how many people equate cruises to a bunch of blue hairs sleeping all day on the lido deck or getting robbed by the warmed armed bandit…

Which is less of a thing on every new ship for 30-40 years

To be fair, 😂 , our first cruise was about 10 years ago and it was on Freedom of The Seas. It was the week after Thanksgiving which we heard was great for less children, which it was. The trade-off was I was honestly afraid that multiple cruisers were going to not make it off the ship. We were barely 40 and pretty much the youngest people on that cruise by far.
Took a few years before we were convinced to go again. Now we cruise in March and the crowd dynamic is certainly different.

LSLS

Those queues constantly moved and there was a sense of progress. Not like this take 20 steps, wait 3 minutes, another 20 steps, wait three minutes crap.
Completely this. The level of frustration I see from my kids when in a 45 minute line for like 7 dwarf vs the 1.25 hour line for Maverick at Cedar Point is night and day (though as fast lane gets more popular, that might start changing too). They keep moving which keeps them doing something and feeling like it's getting closer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be fair, 😂 , our first cruise was about 10 years ago and it was on Freedom of The Seas. It was the week after Thanksgiving which we heard was great for less children, which it was. The trade-off was I was honestly afraid that multiple cruisers were going to not make it off the ship. We were barely 40 and pretty much the youngest people on that cruise by far.
Took a few years before we were convinced to go again. Now we cruise in March and the crowd dynamic is certainly different.
I was on freedom a couple of years ago.

It’s a little “dated” by modern standards. Basically a bigger version of a ship class that debuted in the late 90’s…

So if it was a retirement cruise…that would have been rather drab.

BINGO!!!

pixargal

Definitely cutting park days
This is what our family is doing. We love the ambiance of the different resorts and take advantage of the activities each one offers, especially as we have gotten older. The cost of the tickets to enter the theme parks is outrageous, especially since there is nothing new to see. I realize that new families have a lot to discover and that the parks are not stale for them. The World can be a fun place to enjoy as the children grow up. We had the best years vacationing there. However, we are at a different place now. So, as DVC members, we will continue our resort stays with less time in the parks.

AEfx

I swear I read somewhere that resort only vacations are becoming a bigger trend at Disney right now.
Truly, honestly, in all sincerity feel badly for anyone who does that these days that their horizons are so narrow.

The *only* thing the WDW hotels have in their favor at this point is their proximity to the parks. At the price they charge for rooms, you could practically be waited on hand and foot elsewhere.

Lilofan

Truly, honestly, in all sincerity feel badly for anyone who does that these days that their horizons are so narrow.

The *only* thing the WDW hotels have in their favor at this point is their proximity to the parks. At the price they charge for rooms, you could practically be waited on hand and foot elsewhere.
That's true more bang for your buck elsewhere but still many go to WDW to escape from reality.

OrlandoRising

That's fair, but a lot of the DCL routes that people speak fondly of on here seem to be the lounging around the ship type of thing.

I feel like this goes double for Disneyland hotels. My best hotel stay ever was a suite at the Wyndham Anaheim, an ENORMOUS bathroom and tub for $225ish a night, which wouldn't have even got me into the Paradise Pier Hotel at the time.

PREMiERdrum

The "no park Disney vacation" thing is something they desperately tried to make happen when this dip started last year.

They did a huge batch of PIN codes and flexed some of their typical offers to try and jumpstart it, but metrically speaking it never moved the needle.

Depending on which forecast for 2025 comes true, there's a chance greater than zero that a resort or two might get smaller. What a time to be alive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom