Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Bender123

Exactly!! Since we’ll never get access to their actual data, they can and WILL spin it to no one’s advantage but their own.
They have been doing it in the movies for years...the consumer is too stupid to know what is good for them, so they will tell us what we want. If you dont like their terrible interpretation of the market, then they will find an easy scapegoat to pawn off the problems.

I dont want to watch 15 crappy D+ shows to understand the next super hero movie or Star Wars Film. I dont want to spend the same amount on a week vacation as I would on a three month summer rental on a lake. I dont want to spend 300-400 a night on a Moderate hotel room that doesnt even get me evening hours at the parks. I dont want to go on vacation and be responsible for every single thing from transfers, to luggage, to reservations, to Geenie+ and beyond...especially when all those things were included four years ago at a cheaper price.

I love Disney, but this isnt Disney anymore, its a meat grinder of stress from bills, stress from planning and stress from broken promises. The name Disney used to be "fun", now its just another full time job.

Vegas Disney Fan

Magical Express being axed can’t be overlooked as an issue with lowered attendance imo. We are heading down to Orlando area to celebrate a birthday, last minute trip and all- We would have stayed on property and spent a day or two at the parks… would have been able to avoid renting a car IF we had the ME still available. Since I need to rent a car now, no way we are gonna pay into the extra cost of hanging out at one of their resorts, and thus, no need to hang out at a park now. Lots of better options for places to stay and things to do for way less-
Probably the dumbest decision they’ve ever made. ME was designed to make a Disney vacation easier and keep people on property, and it worked.

Our last trip was the first time we‘ve done a split stay with Universal, the lack of magical express was a big factor in that.

Lilofan

My main issue is that I dont want to drop $10k on a week long vacation with the kids, get nickle and dimed into poverty while I am there and spend my whole vacation buried in my phone trying to plan a counter offensive to get on that one ride. Disney isnt even a vacation anymore, its like taking the worst parts of an office job and making me pay for it, over and over and over. WDW is just not at the level they think they are and the juice hasnt been worth the squeeze.

Its to the point where I could take the kids on a European vacation for less, while seeing more and having far less stress.
European vacation is some parts is less cost than WDW to the 1/3 of Americans who even have a valid passport . The other 2/3 didn't even bother to apply for one.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Probably the dumbest decision they’ve ever made. ME was designed to make a Disney vacation easier and keep people on property, and it worked.

Our last trip was the first time we‘ve done a split stay with Universal, the lack of magical express was a big factor in that.
That’s the one…only real thing…I put on chapek.

Just so stupid. It was Pennies on a ton of dollars.
And the excuse - blame Uber - was a canary in his coal mine.
Should have been fired for that.

A functioning board without Iger plotting behind it had a fiduciary duty to do that…after it failed by allowing him anywhere near the executive sauna in the first place

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
That’s the one…only real thing…I put on chapek.

Just so stupid. It was Pennies on a ton of dollars.
And the excuse - blame Uber - was a canary in his coal mine.
Should have been fired for that.

A functioning board without Iger plotting behind it had a fiduciary duty to do that…after it failed by allowing him anywhere near the executive sauna in the first place
You have to remember that, fundamentally, Disney Management loathes the guest. Maybe a good dose of humility amongst the brass would improve things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The danger for Disney is that once I go somewhere else, I might not want to come back (as often or at all).
Membership is magical
1686591363372.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can afford it. I want to go. I love going. Disney has done everything in its power to push me away.

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Guest Services! We are sorry to hear your recent experience did not match your expectations. We would like to offer you a FREE day of Disney Genie+© as compensation for your recent experience. Have a magical day!

Vegas Disney Fan

European vacation is some parts is less cost than WDW to the 1/3 of Americans who even have a valid passport . The other 2/3 didn't even bother to apply for one.

I think this is why DCL is doing so well right now, we’re doing a week long Norway fjords cruise on DCL that is similarly priced to what a week at WDW would have cost. We love WDW but for the cost there’s some amazing alternatives.

monothingie

Premium Member
Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Guest Services! We are sorry to hear your recent experience did not match your expectations. We would like to offer you a FREE day of Disney Genie+© as compensation for your recent experience. Have a magical day!
I've gotten two club level stays comp'd by Disney by politely reaching out to guest services. The CM at guest retention are extremely understanding and concerned about righting wrongs. It is a shame that the Disney Magic once common place throughout the company (Parks and Resorts) is now mostly left to the department of last resorts.

monothingie

Premium Member
I think this is why DCL is doing so well right now, we’re doing a week long Norway fjords cruise on DCL that is similarly priced to what a week at WDW would have cost. We love WDW but for the cost there’s some amazing alternatives.
Don't look at Royal Caribbean then...

TheMaxRebo

This is my issue...Politics are pure crap on both sides of the issue, so its a wash from me.

My main issue is that I dont want to drop $10k on a week long vacation with the kids, get nickle and dimed into poverty while I am there and spend my whole vacation buried in my phone trying to plan a counter offensive to get on that one ride. Disney isnt even a vacation anymore, its like taking the worst parts of an office job and making me pay for it, over and over and over. WDW is just not at the level they think they are and the juice hasnt been worth the squeeze.

Its to the point where I could take the kids on a European vacation for less, while seeing more and having far less stress.

Disney has always been expensive, that sort isn't new - maybe it was $8k instead of $10k, but it was always more than a lot of alternatives

But int he past I think most people felt like you got a lot for that $ and it was an easy trip to do. Pay upfront an you got your hotel, entertainment (parks, etc), food (dining plan), and you had magical express to take you and your bags, got your free magic bands ahead of time, made your ADRs and FP+ ahead of time, and basically by the time you got to your home airport your vacation started and was smooth and just had to do it

Now it is just as (or more expensive) but have all the extra costs on top of that which you need to do in the moment (so have to reach for the wallet) and a number of elements are of lower quality than int he past ...so just makes it harder to justify

I mean, we still do it since we still enjoy ourselves but also looking at other options (did a cruise this year, have one booked next year, planning on Europe next year as well, etc) - just isn't the automatic "it's easy, we know we will love it, let's just go" as in the past

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom