Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Gearbm95

See everyone complaining about high prices on here, thought I’d give you guys a quick breakdown of the costs for our trip in a couple weeks…

11/16-20 - 7 adults
$1300 ($425/per room)- Lodging - 4BR luxury home in Celebration w/private hot tub (2.4 miles from MK).
$175 - Epcot ticket
$201 - MK Christmas party ticket
$250 - Universal Orlando Informer Meetup ticket (unlimited food/drinks and no ride lines)
$560 ($80/person) - SUV Rental

Visiting Disney as an adult, with an all-adult group makes it muchhhhh more affordable, and probably more relaxing tbh. Each of us will hit three parks (two exclusive parties) and stay in luxury accommodations with a car to get around, all for about $1k a person. Truly that’s not that bad compared to places like Vegas and NYC.

Miss Bella

Very well said. I think for many it is the value proposition. I don't mind the cost and we are fortunate enough to be able to absorb a near 5 digit vacation to WDW without putting it on a credit card. But I want to feel like the juice is worth the squeeze, and it seems like WDC has gone to great lengths to diminish the experience/value while skyrocketing the price.

As people see the value proposition changes, complaints get louder.

It just so happens I just finished booking our first trip to Orlando that didn't include a WDW park/property. And 3 years ago I would have never believed that to be a reality, and yes, I'm in mourning.
Vacation choices evolve over time. We fell in love with cruising and found that it was a better value for our family. We've done 6 European cruises and none of them came close to 5 digits. I'm waiting not so patiently for DCL to discount those European cruises again. It also doesn't have to be DCL I've grown fond of over-cruise lines too.

Ten years ago it felt like WDW was attainable for a lot more people. I remember people posting all their creative ways to save up for that big yearly trip. I don't see that anymore. I see people posting these huge high 5-digit numbers and I think wow! I would never spend that on WDW even if I could.

Miss Bella

See everyone complaining about high prices on here, thought I’d give you guys a quick breakdown of the costs for our trip in a couple weeks…

11/16-20 - 7 adults
$1300 ($425/per room)- Lodging - 4BR luxury home in Celebration w/private hot tub (2.4 miles from MK).
$175 - Epcot ticket
$250 - Universal Orlando Informer Meetup ticket (unlimited food/drinks and no ride lines)

Visiting Disney as an adult, with an all-adult group makes it muchhhhh more affordable, and probably more relaxing tbh. Each of us will hit three parks (two exclusive parties) and stay in luxury accommodations with a car to get around, all for about $1k a person. Truly that’s not that bad compared to places like Vegas and NYC.
Ok, but only one day at WDW?

Ayla

11/16-20 - 7 adults
$175 - Epcot ticket

Of course it's less expensive when you're splitting the cost among 5-7 people. Duh.

Drdcm

11/16-20 - 7 adults
$175 - Epcot ticket

Don’t forget parking. But yes you can save money with groups and by staying off site for sure.

wannabeBelle

I assume the SUV is for Orlando use only, based on the price.
I assumed the same, but I meant different locations within Orlando. So if one day some people want to go to the Parks and others want to go shopping offsite, stuff like that. Who gets the car? I guess you can drop people off and pick up later but that can be a pain. Marie

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wow...$380 for Port Orleans.... You can probably get a cheaper room at the Dolphin...I know in the past, I have gotten a better rate at the Dolphin than any of the moderate hotels.... and speaking of Moderate Hotels, how is $380/nt moderate?? I guess it goes with the $279 value resorts...lol YIkes!
Bob.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Remember that 2007 7-night, 8-day vacation for 6 adults, 1 teen, and 3 children I mentioned a few days ago? The one that cost $10k for everything - hotel, airfare, 3 rooms at POFQ, 8-day hoppers, regular dining plan, and a Christmas party ticket for all - and then started comparing just ticket prices for the same general dates this year? I messed up one thing - 7-day park hoppers and a Christmas party ticket for 10 people this year would cost $10,265. That's not getting us to Orlando, any rooms, and no food. Hell, I just realized I think I forgot the car rentals we all had back then, but we may have picked up the tab on that ourselves.

Basil of Baker Street

11/16-20 - 7 adults
$175 - Epcot ticket

I find it difficult to call this a "Disney Vacation". It's a day and a half in the parks. I mean you could save even more money by not entering the parks at all, parking at DS. Spend a day and half resort hopping, riding the monorail and skyliner around (Which I have done btw).

Eric Graham

One place that many are going to and company reporting profit gains is Taco Bell. The $5 meal deal with unlimited soda is a good bargain. Back in the day of Pleasure Island at WDW one can always go to Taco Bell at the former Crossroads shopping center and those bean burritos at 39 cents each was good at 230am. Costco has the $4.99 cooked whole roasted chicken special that could feed 2 or more.
The $1.50 hotdog and drink is still a bargain at Costco!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom