Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

eliza61nyc

Using your logic of 220k employees which is accurate. People complaining Iger makes too much money or any CEO. Go ahead and do the math if he made Zero which is obviously unrealistic. Tell me how much more does an employee make…
Lol zero. Some how the fallacy took hold with middle America that if CEOs were not paid so much that the money would trickle down to the employees. Let me edit to add, in big companies.

celluloid

Raising minimum wages & starting per hour wages have their draw backs as well… someone had to eat this cost because we all kinda knew Disney and other companies were not going to completely….

I think it is far more likely the decade stock low and hundreds of millions to billions in film revenue lost more than minimum being raised a dollar to a few. That is also why ticket and other prices increase. This is a continuation of the neglect that has already been bad and present for over a decade.

Splash4eva

Lol zero. Some how the fallacy took hold with middle America that if CEOs were not paid so much that the money would trickle down to the employees. Let me edit to add, in big companies.
Finally someone who gets it. Ms Abigail was on her rant not too long ago crying about CEO ages and some people bought into her lies…

celluloid

Im not denying that but thats what happens when you close rides like Splash and make movies no families want to see… issue is this. Raising wages never go away bc lowering them never gonna happen. Making a bad movie is a 1 off. Granted an expensive one but again a 1 off. Paying higher wages is the gift that keeps on giving….

Wages raised mean less every year they don't get raised. Inflation surpasses a small raise rather quickly. That's the typical work around there. Wages always have to go up eventually as Disney has to stay competetive. Wages were raised from 1971 to 2000s and beyond just fine while keeping standards.

This is just Disney neglect becoming more apparent.

Miss Bella

Well, I listed the specific cities I was talking about in this very thread. And of course you can always find a spot here and there which is not that expensive, but on the whole WDW dining prices are no worse (and are sometimes actually better) than dining prices in these cities. That’s not even a matter of opinion either, it’s an actual fact.

That said, you are now changing the topic and are talking about the quality of the food. That’s totally subjective and you of course are entitled to believe whatever you want. Personally speaking, there isn’t a chain restaurant in the world that is better than some of the restaurants that we enjoy in WDW. Anyway, I was talking about pricing, so a discussion about quality is irrelevant.

The only thing I agree with you about is the fact that food is subjective. If you think Disney food is good then by all means go and enjoy. I actually have traveled the world and I just disagree.

Splash4eva

Wages raised mean less every year they don't get raised. Inflation surpasses a small raise rather quickly. That's the typical work around there. Wages always have to go up eventually as Disney has to stay competetive. Wages were raised from 1971 to 2000s and beyond just fine while keeping standards.

This is just Disney neglect becoming more apparent.
Again. Im not saying wages are the only reason why but its one that often gets neglected & passed over & honestly it cant be…

JusticeDisney

The only thing I agree with you about is the fact that food is subjective. If you think Disney food is good then by all means go and enjoy. I actually have traveled the world and I just disagree.
Why are you talking about the quality of food when the post of mine that you responded to dealt only with pricing? It’s like if I was talking about who I think is going to win the Super Bowl and you jumped in and started trying to debate me about which car gets the best gas mileage.

Tony the Tigger

Yep let’s just keep paying people $3.35 an hour so theme park entry rates can be lower. 🙄
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that.
Again. Im not saying wages are the only reason why but its one that often gets neglected & passed over & honestly it cant be…
True. That increase in cost will be 100% passed on to the consumer. You’re going to see it in cars, flights, movies, and just about everything else. These “inflation” prices will stick as a result.

This is especially true for small businesses. Minimum wage is going from $10 to $15 an hour over 5 years in Florida. If I told you my rent was going up by 50% over 5 years, people would say unkind things about my landlord, and rightfully so. But payroll going up like that is awesome or something, and money grows on trees. We can’t even compensate by raising prices much, because prices have already gone up so much on their own.

And what do we get for that increased salary? A 22 year old with an attitude because they think they should get $20 per hour, even though they can’t spell, don’t help customers with any sense of urgency, and think they have a God-given right to scroll on their phones at work.
Its a free country & free speech
OK, but isn’t it odd for someone who is no longer a fan of something to stick around on a fan site? Why? To antagonize the real fans? It seems strange to me.

Miss Bella

Why are you talking about the quality of food when the post of mine that you responded to dealt only with pricing? It’s like if I was talking about who I think is going to win the Super Bowl and you jumped in and started trying to debate me about which car gets the best gas mileage.
When does quality not matter when you're talking about price? I'm so confused by your statement. When do you not pay more for a better quality product? Disney is overpriced for the quality. I doubt very many people would disagree with that. I could stop at any gas station mini market and get better quality Pizza than they serve at Disney World.

Chi84

Premium Member
When does quality not matter when you're talking about price? I'm so confused by your statement. When do you not pay more for a better quality product? Disney is overpriced for the quality. I doubt very many people would disagree with that. I could stop at any gas station mini market and get better quality Pizza than they serve at Disney World.
Where did you eat gas station quality pizza in WDW? Maybe a quick serve place in MK? Even then that seems a bit harsh.

Miss Bella

Where did you eat gas station quality pizza in WDW? Maybe a quick serve place in MK? Even then that seems a bit harsh.
I'm surprised some of you work so hard to defend WDW food and the prices. How much does a slice of bad Pizza cost at WDW? Judging from your screen name you're in Chicago and I'm sure you know what good pizza tastes like. Some of the gas stations out here have some edible quick-service pizza for cheap. Certainly as good as quick service at MK. I'm also wondering where on the WDW property you'd even get good pizza. Via Napoli?

I'm not trying to knock WDW. Theme park food is what it is, but if someone tries to say the prices are on par with quick service or restaurants outside of WDW I just have to disagree. I live in a town with some really good small business restaurants and price and quality far exceed WDW... even the chain restaurants are superior.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
No, but there have been comparisons done for countries and cities that have higher minimum wage and it increases the cost of a Big Mac by like 12 cents or something (and in some cases even less) ... So while it is a contributor, not a major one or what it might be made out to be

View attachment 752213
Not sure I would use a Big Mac chart to make the case, especially considering how much smaller they amake them now than they once did

Pay more get less or just pay more for the same or with less quality. That’s usually how it works. The companies aren’t going to take a hit for large increases in employee comp

FutureCEO

First of all. It's been a while since I've stepped into a gas station store and they sell pizza now!?! Second, Disney pizza is not that good. Maybe because I live next to good Italian food but Disney pizza is what I would get if nothing else was offered and Via Napoli has been horrible the past couple years.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

True. That increase in cost will be 100% passed on to the consumer. You’re going to see it in cars, flights, movies, and just about everything else. These “inflation” prices will stick as a result.

This is especially true for small businesses. Minimum wage is going from $10 to $15 an hour over 5 years in Florida. If I told you my rent was going up by 50% over 5 years, people would say unkind things about my landlord, and rightfully so. But payroll going up like that is awesome or something, and money grows on trees. We can’t even compensate by raising prices much, because prices have already gone up so much on their own.

And what do we get for that increased salary? A 22 year old with an attitude because they think they should get $20 per hour, even though they can’t spell, don’t help customers with any sense of urgency, and think they have a God-given right to scroll on their phones at work.
You probably still have me on ignore from the COVID thread disagreements a couple of years ago but I just wanted to highlight your outstanding post. People don't understand how much the minimum wage increases increase costs for businesses. I maintain the website of a local Italian Restaurant/Pizzaria and the owner does everything he can to keep his prices as low as possible. He feels guilty when he has to raise prices. He commented to me about this exact issue, rhetorically asking, "what am I supposed to do when minimum wage goes up to $15?" To attract and retain good employees, he pays over minimum wage but continuing to pay the same percentage above minimum wage is going to drastically increase his cost.

Thank you for providing a business owner's perspective on the wage increases. I am lucky in my business that all of the employees are also owners. The scrolling on phones at work thing is a huge annoyance when I patronize a business. I even saw a WDW CM check a phone last week (they were positioned in the RotR queue so although it could have been related to the operation, I doubt it).

JusticeDisney

Well, once again you are totally changing the topic. Sorry, but you don’t get to tell me what I was talking about. The one and only thing I was discussing is the fact that there are dining prices in many places around this country that are just as high as WDW. Despite that being a fact, you told me that I was wrong. When I pointed out that it is you who is actually wrong you started changing the topic and talking about quality of food. I never once said that the food at WDW is or is not worth the prices that are being charged. Again, I simply stated that the prices at WDW are no higher than they are in a lot of other places. You have changed the subject from the very particular point I was making. Try to stay on topic if you want to respond to someone and start a debate with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom