Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Miss Bella

You are 100% and lets face it. It is also not a “vacation” but again its still Disney & still overall a good time. I always said once it no longer is fun is when we stop going. Ill say this tho. No way if i only had 1 vacation would choose & spend that time & money on Disney anymore
It's still fun, and if you can afford it without sacrificing better things or other vacations then.. yeah. I don't think WDW was ever meant to be a rich man's vacation but that's what it's become. Disney was always a family vacation and for people that compare it to concert prices....well most people don't take their kids to concerts for multiple days, stay in a hotel and buy them food.

threvester

Fair, but Guardians is one of the newest and shouldn't have much downtime. Tron hasn't even been open long enough (and again, it's a coaster, plus a clone, and also shouldn't have much downtime). Rise, Remy, and MMRR (I put Slinky in there, forgetting that it's "old" at this point) are inexcusable.

The lack of extended downtime on headliners for maintenance is really beginning to show. But we just need to let Bob's plan play out, remember. Everything is good, just trust in Bob's plans.
I think a lot of guardians downtime is due to "clean up" , not the ride having issues

JusticeDisney

I don't live in the back woods either. I live in a very populated city and you are wrong about Disney dining prices.
Actually, it is you who is DEAD WRONG if you think that dining prices in the larger cities like the ones I specifically mentioned are not just as high as those in WDW.

Andrew25

Did ... Universal recently raise the price of its cheapest one-day, one-park adult ticket from $109 to $119?

I know it was $109 in August. But this morning I can't see anything less than $119 for the next year.

I mention this because that kind of price increase is a decent signal about demand for UOR.

Yup - "starting rate" was previously $109

Minnesota disney fan

You still can visit Canada without a passport. You just can't get back into the US without a passport.
We got real ID's a few years ago and they are good for entry into Mexico and Canada and back into the US. For other foreign travel we would have to get a "real" passport that's good for traveling to other foreign countries.

I'm sorry folks, but I typed the wrong thing!
I have a Passport Card which is good for the travel to Canada and Mexico ONly that I mentioned.
It won't work with international travel and I would have to get another one for that.
I think it's a good option for people like us who only travel to CAnada.
I don't want to give wrong information, and am glad Ayla pointed this out.

Last edited:

Ayla

We got real ID's a few years ago and they are good for entry into Mexico and Canada and back into the US. For other foreign travel we would have to get a "real" passport that's good for traveling to other foreign countries.
Real ID's can not be used for international travel, including Mexico and Canada. You need a passport or a passport card if crossing by car.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Never posted this right after the announced increases in parking and AP prices. The last quoted line is very telling.

"At its theme parks, Disney has figured out ways to maximize how much cash each visitor spends, including by offering extra features in its smartphone apps that allow guests to skip some lines for their favorite attractions. Those extra costs, in addition to the steadily rising price of food, toys and souvenirs inside the park, have turned off some fans who are already struggling to pay for high-price flights, gasoline and hotel rooms.

Disney said Wednesday that it was raising some prices at its Disneyland park in California. Walt Disney World in Florida separately increased the price of parking and annual passes.

Before the pandemic, Julie Gibbs, a 52-year-old mother who works in university administration in Indiana, traveled to Walt Disney World in Florida twice most years. Sometimes her extended family would gather at the resort and in its theme parks for special occasions.

But after 2019, prices for tickets and costly add-ons that help visitors navigate the parks began to rise, and she and her family decided to cut out their annual theme-park vacation. They now gather several times a year at a condo in the beach town of Destin, Fla., and spend about half of the typical $6,000 price tag of their previous trips to Disney.

“Quality time with friends and family is really important, but prices have increased on so many things that I feel like we have to be better stewards of what we spend,” Gibbs said. “With Disney, they have their hand out and they just want more and more from me, and I hate that feeling.”"

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Real ID's can not be used for international travel, including Mexico and Canada. You need a passport or a passport card if crossing by car.

It is easier/less proof needed to get a passport vs. a "Real ID". And my passport is good for 10 years. I won't get one of those "Real ID" things until I'm forced to. Because how good can it be if it took 15 years after Congress passed the bill just to implement?

Grimley1968

It is easier/less proof needed to get a passport vs. a "Real ID". And my passport is good for 10 years. I won't get one of those "Real ID" things until I'm forced to. Because how good can it be if it took 15 years after Congress passed the bill just to implement?

In some states like mine (Kentucky), our licenses were deemed insecure enough that we had a deadline to switch everyone's IDs to Real ID just to be able to get a passport, or even enter federal buildings. I went ahead and made the switch, but still haven't renewed my expired passport. I like that I was able to switch the expirations from every 4 years to every 8 years. Getting together the required paperwork to get the Real ID wasn't that bad.

TheMaxRebo

well, if people want to not feel alone, seeing similar complaints for Royal Caribbean who just announced an increase to their automatic gratuities ($2/person/day) - and this comes a few months after they announced the each room would only get housekeeping once a day instead of twice and a few months after they announced their adults only area on their private island would be an upcharge

so lots of "paying more to get less" sentiments all over

celluloid

well, if people want to not feel alone, seeing similar complaints for Royal Caribbean who just announced an increase to their automatic gratuities ($2/person/day) - and this comes a few months after they announced the each room would only get housekeeping once a day instead of twice and a few months after they announced their adults only area on their private island would be an upcharge

so lots of "paying more to get less" sentiments all over

Well Disney has been the standard, so the ones who have always tried to compare will certainly take note and attempt the same desperation while they can get it to work.

I don't like that we are in a world where we compare Royal Caribbean's practices to that of The Walt Disney Company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom