Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

"49 out of 50 states with household debt exceeding household income"

Everything is fine, Bob. "Raise prices! Because the sheep will show up no matter what because our world-class entertainment offerings have limitless revenue potential due to Disney's unparalleled storytelling and character catalogue." (Did I use enough meaningless buzzwords like Disney PR?)
Ah so close. You forgot the word “magic” somewhere lol

JoeCamel

"49 out of 50 states with household debt exceeding household income"

Everything is fine, Bob. "Raise prices! Because the sheep will show up no matter what because our world-class entertainment offerings have limitless revenue potential due to Disney's unparalleled storytelling and character catalogue." (Did I use enough meaningless buzzwords like Disney PR?)
That is not a surprising statement when they include mortgage debt

Dranth

To all the Pixie Duster Parks fans that believe the attendance problem is only a conspiracy theory pushed by Disney haters:

I wish you guys would accept that it IS an actual problem and accept Disney's public explanation for the problem. I know it's not an easy thing to accept and I know it's disturbing...but it's a fact.
Is there any more than one or two people who don’t believe there is an attendance drop? I would say the disagreements come when digging into why, not if and how long it will last.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is there any more than one or two people who don’t believe there is an attendance drop? I would say the disagreements come when digging into why, not if and how long it will last.
There are a few in this thread who have posted their belief that attendance is not down. I don't care enough to find their posts, because it's a ludicrous belief at this point, but I'm sure others will find them once Disney talks during the Q4 webcast and the numbers are down at WDW. Even Len has a guess in at 16MM for MK in FY 2023.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I happened to help out someone look for on property room Christmas/new years week and beach club was available…

For 46% off.

But what was a while ago…about 9:30 last night.

Why do I bring this up? They want $956 a night at rack rate.
I don’t need a flashlight to find why their bookings are way down and things are drying up.

Their clientele as a whole doesn’t have the money for it.

Anyone want to extend Bob again? Then we can all have a thread titled: “remember when we all went to Florida and had fun?…back before they bankrupted it?”

Last edited:

Cliff

if you believe Disney has not truly experienced an attendance drop than you have to also believe they committed corporate fraud in their statements
Not just here but in other forums and other local discussions I have had with fans and on YouTube.

The thing is that people don't "want" think that there is a crack in Disney's armor. It's like they are finding out their king has no clothes and it's unsettling!

For most of us, Disney is a company that makes entertainment for us. We like it well enough and we respect Walt Disney and how he built this company and how it grew over the decades. We respect it's long history and it's high quality standards. Simple, right?

But then there ARE some people that take their love of Disney MUCH further. For some people, Disney is something they "believe" in.....almost in a religious way...as in a "cult-style" mentality. It's THESE people that react very negatively or nervously when they hear bad news. It's THESE people that are the quickest to jam their fingers in their ears and run away. They scream "hater" or "liar" at the person delivering the bad news as they run to a safe space.

Yes,....many times these people even work INSIDE Disney! Sometimes even THEY can't handle the idea of negative news too.

Thankfully,..these people are not too common and are just a minority in the grand scheme of things. However, I do feel very bad for them and I have a lot of empathy for their condition.

Chi84

Premium Member
Not just here but in other forums and other local discussions I have had with fans and on YouTube.

The thing is that people don't "want" think that there is a crack in Disney's armor. It's like they are finding out their king has no clothes and it's unsettling!

For most of us, Disney is a company that makes entertainment for us. We like it well enough and we respect Walt Disney and how he built this company and how it grew over the decades. We respect it's long history and it's high quality standards. Simple, right?

But then there ARE some people that take their love of Disney MUCH further. For some people, Disney is something they "believe" in.....almost in a religious way...as in a "cult-style" mentality. It's THESE people that react very negatively or nervously when they hear bad news. It's THESE people that are the quickest to jam their fingers in their ears and run away. They scream "hater" or "liar" at the person delivering the bad news as they run to a safe space.

Yes,....many times these people even work INSIDE Disney! Sometimes even THEY can't handle the idea of negative news too.

Thankfully,..these people are not too common and are just a minority in the grand scheme of things. However, I do feel very bad for them and I have a lot of empathy for their condition.
I think you may be overreacting.

Basil of Baker Street

I happened to help out someone look for on property room Christmas/new years week and beach club was available…

For 46% off.

I don’t need a flashlight to find why their bookings are way down and things are drying up.

Anyone want to extend Bob again? Then we ca. all have a thread titled: “remember when we all went to Florida and had fun?…back before they bankrupted it?”
I make a decent living but I just don't see how people are paying that much a night for a room. That just seems insane to me. I just found a 1br condo with full kitchen off 192 for $780 for a week.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Oh yes, those people are the worst.

Splash4eva

For 46% off.

Anyone want to extend Bob again? Then we ca. all have a thread titled: “remember when we all went to Florida and had fun?…back before they bankrupted it?”
What i dont get is this and i understand people have money to spend etc but staying at a value or moderate if you want that bubble experience is still “affordable” based in Disney terms. Like yes they are overpriced but in the same aspect its Disney so there will always be that markup for staying on site.

BuddyThomas

Good lord.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They don’t want to admit vulnerability because they have intertwined their actual life - the real one - with the small amount of time at Disney locations. One defines the other…but not actually

For that group. It’s really close to the mentality of fans chasing rock stars or boy bands. It’s “real”…and not at all.

But those tend to be teenage girls…so what’s is more disturbing?

There’s really never been a reason for 8 dvc contracts. I promise.

But I don’t want to open that can 🥫🐛

Lilofan

I make a decent living but I just don't see how people are paying that much a night for a room. That just seems insane to me. I just found a 1br condo with full kitchen off 192 for $780 for a week.
You may want to google reviews of where you would be staying. A few years ago a forum member posted he and his family stayed in a condo off of Hwy 192 in Kissimmee. He would not want to do it again because of the surrounding area.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What i dont get is this and i understand people have money to spend etc but staying at a value or moderate if you want that bubble experience is still “affordable” based in Disney terms. Like yes they are overpriced but in the same aspect its Disney so there will always be that markup for staying on site.
The “moderates” accomplish one thing: location.

The amenity has never been cost comparable.

But hey - if it’s what people want? Let them eat a slice.

I specifically talk about “deluxe” rates because there’s a dirty little secret there that doesn’t get discussed enough that’s been going on for a long time now…

Hint: copper creek

Splash4eva

The “moderates” accomplish one thing: location.

The amenity has never been cost comparable.

But hey - if it’s what people want? Let them eat a slice.

I specifically talk about “deluxe” rates because there’s a dirty little secret there that doesn’t get discussed enough that’s been going on for a long time now…

Hint: copper creek
Deluxe are a rippff imo unless you can rent DVC points if so it becomes a respectable price all things considered Disney…. Do tell about Copper Creek please

PREMiERdrum

As a hardcore believer in the gospel of Disney's moderate resorts - and someone who has a great deal of my own wealth tied up in moving Disney travel products - that "markup" from the mouse has so far outpaced their consumers' tolerance that substantial discounts that are both broad in scope and generous in dates have yet to move the needle even one iota.

More levers incoming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a hardcore believer in the gospel of Disney's moderate resorts - and someone who has a great deal of my own wealth tied up in moving Disney travel products - that "markup" from the mouse has so far outpaced their consumers' tolerance that substantial discounts that are both broad in scope and generous in dates have yet to move the needle even one iota.

More levers incoming.
…I’m starting to really like you…

Anyway…this quarterly call is a
Huge deal…and I think Iger has ordered to not issue even more discounts until after it comes out and they use it as a “see…we’re gonna sell now!” Response.

Just a hunch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom