Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Y’all can pry the corn dog nugget combo with cheese sauce at Casey’s from my cold dead hands.

That said I’ve noticed smaller portion sizes and not as good food at the QS places. Although I actually enjoy the pizza at some places.

Can’t speak for table service as I rarely do it. Literally only twice in my life.

I'm not hating on corn dog nuggets. Every trip to WDW includes an obligatory trip to Casey's Corner - it's a non-negotiable.

UNCgolf

We find TS hit or miss, I’d say we still get pretty good quality TS at most Epcot restaurants, at Liberty tree at MK, at PrimeTime at HS, etc but we have noticed a pretty big decline at a lot of the others. We don’t even bother with dinner at AK anymore, we always go to DS for dinner on AK night.

The problem is most QS has seen a decline also, the burgers aren’t as good, the chicken sandwiches aren’t as good, the breakfasts aren’t as good… the food at the hotel has seen an even larger decline. We used to love the food at POFQ and now it’s often disappointing.

I can see where the risk of disappointment is less with a $20 QS meal than a $50 TS meal but for the price neither should be disappointing.

The last time I was there we ate dinner at Disney Springs almost every night. We had one dinner at Flying Fish and one at California Grill, but that was it. It almost feels silly to eat at TS (unless it's somewhere legitimately good like Flying Fish) when QS options at Disney Springs like Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte are better than the majority of TS meals at parks/resorts.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The last time I was there we ate dinner at Disney Springs almost every night. We had one dinner at Flying Fish and one at California Grill, but that was it. It almost feels silly to eat at TS (unless it's somewhere legitimately good like Flying Fish) when QS options at Disney Springs like Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte are better than the majority of TS meals at parks/resorts.

Springs certainly has solid options. It’s just so far away from many of the resorts.

UNCgolf

Springs certainly has solid options. It’s just so far away from many of the resorts.

I think we went directly from whichever park we were at to DS, but I think they eliminated that bus service. We also stayed at POR, though, so DS was near the resort anyways.

John park hopper

Question--- for those that have done DCL how does the food on the DCL compare to what is being served at now WDW TS restaurants, how about QS?

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Y’all can pry the corn dog nugget combo with cheese sauce at Casey’s from my cold dead hands.

That said I’ve noticed smaller portion sizes and not as good food at the QS places. Although I actually enjoy the pizza at some places.

Can’t speak for table service as I rarely do it. Literally only twice in my life.

This is how we feel about the spring rolls, nearly $10 for 2 (seemingly smaller) rolls is getting pretty insane though.

We still bought them our last trip but we shared an order instead of getting 2 orders, that’s something we do more and more often at the parks now, we share a soda at lunch instead of getting 2, we share a snack instead of getting 2... it’s the new Disney way.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
This is how we feel about the spring rolls, nearly $10 for 2 (seemingly smaller) rolls is getting pretty insane though.

We still bought them our last trip but we shared an order instead of getting 2 orders, that’s something we do more and more often at the parks now, we share a soda at lunch instead of getting 2, we share a snack instead of getting 2... it’s the new Disney way.
Just got back from a trip at the Ritz Carlton in Lake Oconee (yes I know it was going to be expensive :) ) using Marriott points and wow was that some sticker shock! Not saying Disney is a bargain but compared to those prices, it sure seemed like it.

Examples:

Salad with Salmon (extremely small portion) - $39
2 Small Tacos with handful of chips - $24
8oz Filet - $70 with no sides

Admittedly the tacos were really good but otherwise not so much. Luckily it was a "free" stay but I just can't comprehend paying full rate for some of these places.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
An idea is to stay at the Hilton across the street from Disney Springs. Hilton has transport to parks also. Benihana at the Hilton is delish.

We prefer to stay on Disney property - while it’s been devalued we still prefer it over other options.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Just got back from a trip at the Ritz Carlton in Lake Oconee (yes I know it was going to be expensive :) ) using Marriott points and wow was that some sticker shock! Not saying Disney is a bargain but compared to those prices, it sure seemed like it.

Examples:

Salad with Salmon (extremely small portion) - $39
2 Small Tacos with handful of chips - $24

Admittedly the tacos were really good but otherwise not so much. Luckily it was a "free" stay but I just can't comprehend paying full rate for some of these places.

The Ritz there is nice but it’s not worth what they charge IMO. Next time you want a nice vacation in GA check out Sea Island. The Cloister or Lodge will blow you away if you liked the Ritz at Lake Oconee.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The Ritz there is nice but it’s not worth what they charge IMO. Next time you want a nice vacation in GA check out Sea Island. The Cloister or Lodge will blow you away if you liked the Ritz at Lake Oconee.
Thats on my list! Lake Oconee was 1hr and half from the house and we used points so it was worth it for our stay but not at full freight.

Disstevefan1

WOW that's just crazy.

Here's Texas Roadhouse 8oz steak - $11.99 ;)
1691783532681.png

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Thats on my list! Lake Oconee was 1hr and half from the house and we used points so it was worth it for our stay but not at full freight.

Sea Island is 100% worth the cost. We are headed there in a few weeks for our 10th anniversary. When you get ready to go hit me up and I’ll send you some tips and tricks. It’s an absolutely amazing resort and the only place I’ve ever felt every dollar I spent was worth it.

Ritz is about an hour from us so we must not live too far apart!

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Sea Island is 100% worth the cost. We are headed there in a few weeks for our 10th anniversary. When you get ready to go hit me up and I’ll send you some tips and tricks. It’s an absolutely amazing resort and the only place I’ve ever felt every dollar I spent was worth it.

Ritz is about an hour from us so we must not live too far apart!
Will do!

epcotWSC

We had Captain Cooks very early on in the Covid era. After a few months the burgers now taste comparable to school lunchroom quality, whereas they were relatively decent before
We went last November for the first time since COVID. I think the only meals that we felt were worthwhile that were Disney owned were Sebastian's (probably our best meal overall), Whispering Canyon (it's honestly pretty average BBQ, but atmosphere and all you can eat made it worthwhile), and Topolino's (overpriced, but better Character meal than Chef Mickey's IMO). Anything else we did was just ok at best (Cape May especially was a disgrace compared to years ago. Only Oreo Bon Bons are worthwhile). Be Our Guest especially was such a huge letdown compared to when it first opened and the pricing is disgusting. I'm at a point where I'm ready to eat only offsite or in non-Disney places at the Springs.

AEfx

They've taken some things away, but up until recently they've heavily invested in the parks over the last few years. CAPEx has been kind of stable.

They are currently building or starting to build new lands in all of their international parks. We're just angry they aren't building them in Florida.

Well, yes, customers of WDW would prefer them to build things in, you know, the parks they actually visit. Strange but true!

But if you are quoting CapEx, you are kind of missing the point. It's about the actual guest experience on the ground in the parks.

I mean, just look at the MK. We waited THIRTY YEARS for them to finally build a new E-ticket, and...it's Tron? A white building (already looking dirty because apparently they didn't have a plan to clean it) housing a sixty second roller coaster ride in the dark. Right next to another already iconic white building...with a roller coaster ride in the dark.

The money they are supposedly spending (when you take away the Disney tax, they are spending 3x more on building what they do build than anyone else would) isn't showing up in improved guest experience - and with very few exceptions, they have replaced things that they neglected and went to heck in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom