Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

TheMaxRebo

I wonder if this is the last summer “hurrah” so they’re seeing a bump on day guests. People are getting that last vacation in before school starts back (I mean, some in our area started back last week).

That would explain the bump in locals/day guests along with packages being down for fall and winter.

Hope so - and they all clear out before my family comes down next month

I sort of miss the talk about how empty the parks were lol

Splash4eva

Hope so - and they all clear out before my family comes down next month

I sort of miss the talk about how empty the parks were lol
I honestly dont know anyone who has gone that have come back and said parks were empty… less crowded 100% but far from empty as they have told me. And they all have had the same sentiment. The last few years (sans the covid) felt busier than the usual and now they seem to getting back how they were prior to the bump. People who only go in summer during similar times of year. Due to schedules/work/school etc

TheMaxRebo

I honestly dont know anyone who has gone that have come back and said parks were empty… less crowded 100% but far from empty as they have told me. And they all have had the same sentiment. The last few years (sans the covid) felt busier than the usual and now they seem to getting back how they were prior to the bump. People who only go in summer during similar times of year. Due to schedules/work/school etc

oh yeah, I agree, other than a few specific days, it is more just back to like 2015-2017 crowds vs the crazy peak crowds seen in 2019 or 2022

more just joking about this thread in general and all the chatter about them being "empty"

Lilofan

Attendance is probably down . United which flies several non stops daily from EWR ( Newark ) to MCO is cutting back starting in August. UA CEO is blaming the short staffing of EWR to get flights off on time among other excuses.

Disstevefan1

I have not been there since 2019. It must be fabulous with the lower crowd levels.

I do remember thinking to myself, wading through the super mobbed crowds in 2019 asking myself, “what am I doing here?”

Folks should just GO NOW! This will NOT last.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if this is the last summer “hurrah” so they’re seeing a bump on day guests. People are getting that last vacation in before school starts back (I mean, some in our area started back last week).

That would explain the bump in locals/day guests along with packages being down for fall and winter.
Academic prevenge vacationing!!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Am I the only one watching live streams and wondering why people are saying it's not crowded? Sure, it's not as bad as the revenge travel crowds but that was expected.

There has been a bump of day guests and locals this week for sure. But they’re preparing to shutter parts of riverside and bookings for on-site is equalling roughly 80% occupancy - which is a disaster for the hotel segment of the business.

Poseidon Quest

Am I the only one watching live streams and wondering why people are saying it's not crowded? Sure, it's not as bad as the revenge travel crowds but that was expected.

The last two weeks have seen significant attendance increases at both Universal and Disney. It was still a remarkably quiet summer up to this point though.

Eric Graham

There's a storm brewing out in the water with a 70% probability of forming. I'll bet that will slow down traffic. It's in the Leeward Islands. Has about 7 days to arrive here.

Splash4eva

oh yeah, I agree, other than a few specific days, it is more just back to like 2015-2017 crowds vs the crazy peak crowds seen in 2019 or 2022

more just joking about this thread in general and all the chatter about them being "empty"
With all that being said. I do think they have a problem tho with attendance #s that they need to figure out asap

Splash4eva

Just finished watching Moana for 1st time in awhile and wow truly a great a movie and it makes the decision to basically bring us a glorified queue even more baffling this was the best they can do…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom