Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Laketravis

Perhaps this has something to do with it.........

Attachments

• Disney.JPG
    Disney.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 205
  • Universal.JPG
    Universal.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 204

Laketravis

I wonder if some of those morons in the California office even realize what is happening in their most popular resort in Florida

It’s time for major management change CEO, etc. they have lost touch with what Disney needs to be as it becomes something its shouldn’t

Agreed. When a five night stay at a comparable resort with comparable park tickets during the same dates costs twice as much at WDW, someone has their head in the sand.

Lilofan

I wonder if some of those morons in the California office even realize what is happening in their most popular resort in Florida

It’s time for major management change CEO, etc. they have lost touch with what Disney needs to be as it becomes something its shouldn’t
The Board and Iger are in bed with each other. It is not a question of if but when certain company assets are sold off and or taking on new co partnership ownership. Iger is being used to ensure to completion. Unfortunately a number of cast will be impacted. The losing touch happened years ago . The interview on CNBC with Iger in regards to there is a lot more work to do sums it up.

Last edited:

flyerjab

I was at MK this morning until around 2 PM. This is how some of it looked.
IMG_3160.jpeg
IMG_3161.jpeg
IMG_3162.jpeg
IMG_3163.jpeg
IMG_3164.jpeg
IMG_3165.jpeg
Now I know that this is a one day anecdotal snippet of photos. But I found it interesting how empty it felt. And the one that really got me was Pecos Billy’s. I have been in that QS at numerous times of the year over the past decade. I have never seen it this empty, and this was at noon.

Now I don’t know, maybe the park filled up after we left, but you could tell it was empty. The nice walkway in Frontierland along the river was complete void of people. And when the FoF parade came buy there were spaces everywhere.

Who knows, maybe this is more of what they want. Fewer people paying significantly more than what they were spending before the pandemic. I just think from a PR perspective it doesn’t look great. And sorry, but I won’t be blaming the weather on this phenomenon. It is hot, no denying that. But it isn’t so hot that I am agreeing with Sweater Guy. He’s doing exactly what he needs to do - not panicking the shareholders. As far as I can tell though, a lot of the social media pictures match to what I have been seeing on day 1. Still enjoying the Riviera Resort though 😝

TheMaxRebo

I was at MK this morning until around 2 PM. This is how some of it looked.View attachment 732112View attachment 732113View attachment 732114View attachment 732115View attachment 732116View attachment 732117Now I know that this is a one day anecdotal snippet of photos. But I found it interesting how empty it felt. And the one that really got me was Pecos Billy’s. I have been in that QS at numerous times of the year over the past decade. I have never seen it this empty, and this was at noon.

Now I don’t know, maybe the park filled up after we left, but you could tell it was empty. The nice walkway in Frontierland along the river was complete void of people. And when the FoF parade came buy there were spaces everywhere.

Who knows, maybe this is more of what they want. Fewer people paying significantly more than what they were spending before the pandemic. I just think from a PR perspective it doesn’t look great. And sorry, but I won’t be blaming the weather on this phenomenon. It is hot, no denying that. But it isn’t so hot that I am agreeing with Sweater Guy. He’s doing exactly what he needs to do - not panicking the shareholders. As far as I can tell though, a lot of the social media pictures match to what I have been seeing on day 1. Still enjoying the Riviera Resort though 😝

Looks lovely ... Hope it is the same when I visit next month

Lilofan

I was at MK this morning until around 2 PM. This is how some of it looked.View attachment 732112View attachment 732113View attachment 732114View attachment 732115View attachment 732116View attachment 732117Now I know that this is a one day anecdotal snippet of photos. But I found it interesting how empty it felt. And the one that really got me was Pecos Billy’s. I have been in that QS at numerous times of the year over the past decade. I have never seen it this empty, and this was at noon.

Looks like the streets and dining areas looking clean! Who knows if slower business continues , fewer offerings for guests..

Trauma

Can please please provide insight into what the outdoor temperature was when each photo was taken?

wannabeBelle

Great pictures and thank you for sharing. This is exactly what we should be looking at, boots on the ground, happening right now pictures. There is certainly less people than I would have thought would be there on a Saturday. Marie

BrianLo

I apologize as I have not been following this thread;

1) Are attendance declines predicted to hold through the Fall and Holidays? Or is there not much discounting going on for that window?
2) Is a soft summer really that much cause for actual longterm concern? I thought there are a ton of price levers and discounting they still haven't really budged on.
3) How is this any worse than Disneyland's 2019 summer? At least WDW has almost nothing new to show or promote, it's not surprising the crowds are light.
4) Is Universal slow this summer? Is this a Disney problem or a Florida tourism problem?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom