Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Thepuma

In my anecdotal case, in 3 weeks I will be taking the family to Germany for a similar price as WDW. I will be getting more value by visiting the actual "Cinderella Castle" amongst other things.
I've just come back from 4 days doing Phantasialand and Europa Park in Germany...Trust me, when you start pulling yourself away from Disney and seeing what's out there, you'll be surprised how good some of the alternatives are.

For Comparison id say Phantasialand is every bit as good as MK (better theming for sure) and Europa Park has better rides than Universal Studios.

Go to either of these parks just before Xmas amd they both absolutely demolish ANY of the Disney and Universal parks for festive experience.

Last edited:

Thepuma

I'm sorry but there is no way this is true, unless you're European, in which case of course it's true.

For me to take my family to Germany, the flights alone would $9,000.
I just don't understand this....my flights to Orlando cost me around £500 return (around $600) from the UK, how many is in your family?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I just don't understand this....my flights to Orlando cost me around £500 return (around $600) from the UK, how many is in your family?

There were a number of cruises we considered this summer, but every flight to Europe was up around $1,500 per person round-trip. Some examples:

1688671754942.png

1688671841773.png

1688671931474.png

Cliff

I might be biased, but it seems to me they are building this super fast!

Even faster than Disney can build DVCs!
You are right. Universal is building this at rocket speed! But how? Why are they able to invest at the beginning of the pandemic the scream fast all through it to get where they are today. There are rumors that Universal is actualy ahead of schedual!

Then we have Disney taking....what?....5 years to build a walk through water pump fountain Moanna attraction? It took how long to build a duplicate Tron Roller coaster?

I dont know what is going on inside the Imagineering offices today but something just feels broken??

Smugpugmug

Got 4 flights for $4,500 total - origin to ORD to MUC. Return BER to ORD to origin.
That's pretty impressive. I'm currently in the early planning stages for a Japan trip and the flight for just me is in the $2000-2500 range. I'm saving up for it so no avocado toast and after hours parties for me!

Ayla

In my anecdotal case, in 3 weeks I will be taking the family to Germany for a similar price as WDW. I will be getting more value by visiting the actual "Cinderella Castle" amongst other things.
Our Feb Mexico trip and our upcoming Canada trip combined were less than a week at WDW. Our Mexico trip was 10 days and Canada is 8 days. The real world is out there and I sincerely hope people expand their bubbles and experience it.

ETA I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

flynnibus

Premium Member
i was not trying to make a jab at all... was just saying when it comes to a vacation people should choose what they want 1st they look at everything else afterwards...

Yes, but normal adult thinking includes "ok, you can't get what you REALLY wanted.. so what else should we consider?"

I mean, I wanted a 911 turbo s... My wife baulked... I didn't just NOT buy a car because I couldn't get what I wanted... I went to option 2, etc.

It's kinda pointless to highlight "do what you want"... obviously, no one picks a vacation by starting with where they don't want to be. Adulting includes considering more than one factor and more than one choice. The vast majority of the population are not in the situation where they can pick solely on 'what they want'

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

According to someone I know who just came back from 2 weeks in Europe, I hear it requires a buggy ride and about 50 Euro. :)

wannabeBelle

Our Feb Mexico trip and our upcoming Canada trip combined were less than a week at WDW. Our Mexico trip was 10 days and Canada is 8 days. The real world is out there and I sincerely hope people expand their bubbles and experience it.
And once they do, now knowing what is out there and what else is available to see and do, Disney may not become the easy answer for the family vacations year after year. I'm not saying people wont ever go back to Disney, but it may be a once in a while trip in between other options. Marie

Disstevefan1

I usually go to the parks once or twice a week and it has been slower over the past few months. I was at several parks on the 3rd including Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom on the 4th. I got there on the 4th around 4 PM and it was a bit of a ghost town up front. It was more crowded by the time the fireworks went off but overall not as busy as I expected. I haven't been on the 4th recently but it didn't seem like much was going on as far as decorations, etc. The fireworks were great but I was expecting to see more characters, etc. They had three stage parties but not really any focus on patriotic music or anything like that. Nothing extra in Liberty Square, etc. Mostly they were just going through the motions. It was a bit of a let down overall.View attachment 728618View attachment 728619
"Magnificent desolation." - Buzz Aldrin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom