Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

msteel

Say something is going to open in spring, but open it a month and a half earlier and see who the hero is.

See if you can figure out the significance of these dates: 11/19/2012, 1/6/2013.

1/6 is my birthday. I will be at the World. I hope I get a present.

EDIT - I should have read more carefully. I'll have to look to see what happened on my last birthday...

Last edited:

WDWYankee15

Say something is going to open in spring, but open it a month and a half earlier and see who the hero is.
See if you can figure out the significance of these dates: 11/19/2012, 1/6/2013.

1/6/2013 - The date that New Fantasyland was "planned" to open.

11/19/2012 - The day New Fatasyland ACTUALLY opended.

48 days ahead of schedule. A real nice holiday surprise!!! Way to go guys. We love WDW.

So in short, advertise "Spring" and if (when, if all goes ot plan) it has soft openings in early February the park goers there for the President's Week rush are thrilled. Buzz builds for an offically opening in time for the Spring Break vacation rush. Everyone is so happy, especially that it is done "early" and forget that they waited two years. ;)

@Rose&Crowner - How did I do? Am I right? Close, even????

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
1/6/2013 Main Street Bakery closed for the Starbucks conversion. What's that have to do with the Mine Train?

Yeah, I agree. But if we look at the whole FLE it has been off target in the negative way. For how long Dwarf has taken to build if it opens earlier than Spring they are not a hero by any stretch. It has taken way too long to finish the FLE and Dwarf.

Still loving Dick Nunis' quote, I would have had it finished already. Out of the mouth of someone who could direct Attractions Operations properly.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Some of the photo's from Dwarf Train this week.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/10561/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update

MK+Dwarf+Bridge.jpg

constructing bridge for mine train by J. Kober
MK+Dwarf+Vegetation.jpg

7 dwarf cottage construction in background by J. Kober

MK+Dwarf+Ride+Building.jpg

Construction of Front side of mine train. by J. Kober

Gabe1

48 days ahead of schedule. A real nice holiday surprise!!! Way to go guys. We love WDW.

So in short, advertise "Spring" and if (when, if all goes ot plan) it has soft openings in early February the park goers there for the President's Week rush are thrilled. Buzz builds for an offically opening in time for the Spring Break vacation rush. Everyone is so happy, especially that it is done "early" and forget that they waited two years. ;)

@Rose&Crowner - How did I do? Am I right? Close, even????

I love your pixie dust but it was a fake Grand Opening in the middle of construction walls. Disney had a portion of FLE complete but the big attraction wasn't ready for the Grand Opening neither was the Meet and Greet, which by the way opened very much off its original schedule. Timeline Early 2013, opened September 2013, that isn't early.

Disney projected that FLE would be open for AP previews on November 19th, so that wasn't early. December 6 was the date for the media to come and report on the ribbon cutting.

Who has a ribbon cutting for an incomplete expansion? Disney. According to the timeline given in August of 2012, Dwarf should be open NOW. So no matter how it is spun, it is already behind schedule.

Disney has updated their timelines so many times to adjust for running behind.

This timeline was updated on 8/7/12)

• Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Complete - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station
  • Closed - June 1, 2012 - Snow White’s Scary Adventures closes permanently to make way for Princess Fairytale Hall (last day of operation will be May 31)
  • Complete - Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Play Area, second half of Dumbo
  • December 6, 2012 - Official Grand Opening (Previews begin November 19) - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
  • Early 2013 - Princess Fairytale Hall, Remaining pieces of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
  • Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

Last edited:

Rose&Crowner

I love your pixie dust but it was a fake Grand Opening in the middle of construction walls.
As I recall, it was a full on grand opening. Unless I imagined Ginnifer Goodwin, Jordan sparks and a slew of other fanfare surrounding the FLE, in January, a month after the Beast himself hosted me at his castle in early December.

Gabe1

As I recall, it was a full on grand opening. Unless I imagined Ginnifer Goodwin, Jordan sparks and a slew of other fanfare surrounding the FLE, in January, a month after the Beast himself hosted me at his castle in early December.

Sure it was but who but Disney has a full on Grand Opening for an expansion that is far from completion, that is my point. The place was littered with cranes and construction walls, though they did wave off the construction workers during the ribbon cutting. I could see them opening areas but the Full On Grand Opening Ribbon cutting should have been left until the Expansion was complete. Jumped the gun on that one.

spacemt354

Chili's
Sure it was but who but Disney has a full on Grand Opening for an expansion that is far from completion, that is my point. The place was littered with cranes and construction walls, though they did wave off the construction workers during the ribbon cutting. I could see them opening areas but the Full On Grand Opening Ribbon cutting should have been left until the Expansion was complete. Jumped the gun on that one.

More publicity and attention. 2 "Openings" are better than 1.

matt9112

I love your pixie dust but it was a fake Grand Opening in the middle of construction walls. Disney had a portion of FLE complete but the big attraction wasn't ready for the Grand Opening neither was the Meet and Greet, which by the way opened very much off its original schedule. Timeline Early 2013, opened September 2013, that isn't early.

Disney projected that FLE would be open for AP previews on November 19th, so that wasn't early. December 6 was the date for the media to come and report on the ribbon cutting.

Who has a ribbon cutting for an incomplete expansion? Disney. According to the timeline given in August of 2012, Dwarf should be open NOW. So no matter how it is spun, it is already behind schedule.

Disney has updated their timelines so many times to adjust for running behind.

This timeline was updated on 8/7/12)

• Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Complete - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station
  • Closed - June 1, 2012 - Snow White’s Scary Adventures closes permanently to make way for Princess Fairytale Hall (last day of operation will be May 31)
  • Complete - Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Play Area, second half of Dumbo
  • December 6, 2012 - Official Grand Opening (Previews begin November 19) - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
  • Early 2013 - Princess Fairytale Hall, Remaining pieces of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
  • Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster
I love how castle wall is listed....you deserve a cookie.

MOXOMUMD

So will they have this grand hoopla at the opening of the mine ride? Sophia Grace and Rosie can rap Heigh-Ho. (and I'm being verrry sarcastic.)

WDWYankee15

First Gabe1, I have noticed a little hostility lately. None of this stuff is life and death. Disney is about fun. Part of the fun is debating back and forth on here, but it should be friendly and in good spirit. I can tell you for one I am not meanspirited nor do I direct any comments I make to offend someone. If I have misread something, I apologize up front. Enough said on that topic.

I love your pixie dust...

This is not my pixie dust. I am not disillusioned. I am very much a realist. My comments were in response to making guesses about Rose&Crowner 's question about the significance of some dates. I also put some lighthearted comments about how Disney goes out of their way to create media events, press releases, etc and position themselves in a positive light. As I have posted before, they are a business after all and are trying to make money. (Now we can debate elsewhere, whether we think they are making the right moves or not to go about effectively making that money.)

Most people that go to Disney are not you or me. They are casual Disney fans. The mom and pops bringing the family for the once, twice in a lifetime trip. They eat up the surprise events. The "Limited Time Magic." That stuff works by and large for that crowd. Those who don't look for project timelines and look at ariel images of construction sites. For them, when New Fantasyland opened 11/19/12, they were over the moon on the "early" date. Hence. "48 days ahead of schedule. A real nice holiday surprise!!! Way to go guys. We love WDW."

Use this logic when rereading my previous post (which I quoted at the bottom of this post) and also apply it when reading lots of other things that get so many frustrated on these boards.

- "New Fantasyland" is the biggest expansion of the Magic Kingdom ever!!!

* "No it is not because it is not an expansion, rather a reclaimation, etc." type quotes works here on these boards. We know the history of the MK. What was there before. The history of the attractions. Do you think the people that press release is aimed at do??? Do the people that know enough to even think to question the statement of the biggest expansion even need to read that press release? Let's face it, everything stated in the press release is stuff we all already know for the most part.

-
I love your pixie dust but it was a fake Grand Opening in the middle of construction walls. Disney had a portion of FLE complete but the big attraction wasn't ready for the Grand Opening neither was the Meet and Greet...
...Disney has a full on Grand Opening for an expansion that is far from completion.... The place was littered with cranes and construction walls...I could see them opening areas but the Full On Grand Opening Ribbon cutting should have been left until the Expansion was complete. Jumped the gun on that one.

*Again on the boards, the fans who watch every moment, hang on every detail; we know the status of the project. But the people that ceremony was gear to, they don't. They just know Fantasyland is open for business and "Honey, we should book that trip to take the kids now." There were more reasons than one that that ceremony took place in front of Cinderella's Castle.

Rose&Crowner - How did I do? Am I right? Close, even????

Last edited:

Rose&Crowner

First Gabe1, I have noticed a little hostility lately. None of this stuff is life and death. Disney is about fun. Part of the fun is debating back and forth on here, but it should be friendly and in good spirit. I can tell you for one I am not meanspirited nor do I direct any comments I make to offend someone. If I have misread something, I apologize up front. Enough said on that topic.

This is not my pixie dust. I am not disillusioned. I am very much a realist. My comments were in response to making guesses about Rose&Crowner 's question about the significance of some dates. I also put some lighthearted comments about how Disney goes out of their way to create media events, press releases, etc and position themselves in a positive light. As I have posted before, they are a business after all and are trying to make money. (Now we can debate elsewhere, whether we think they are making the right moves or not to go about effectively making that money.)

Most people that go to Disney are not you or me. They are casual Disney fans. The mom and pops bringing the family for the once, twice in a lifetime trip. They eat up the surprise events. The "Limited Time Magic." That stuff works by and large for that crowd. Those who don't look for project timelines and look at ariel images of construction sites. For them, when New Fantasyland opened 11/19/12, they were over the moon on the "early" date. Hence. "48 days ahead of schedule. A real nice holiday surprise!!! Way to go guys. We love WDW."

Use this logic when rereading my previous post (which I quoted at the bottom of this post) and also apply it when reading lots of other things that get so many frustrated on these boards.

- "New Fantasyland" is the biggest expansion of the Magic Kingdom ever!!!

* "No it is not because it is not an expansion, rather a reclaimation, etc." type quotes works here on these boards. We know the history of the MK. What was there before. The history of the attractions. Do you think the people that press release is aimed at do??? Do the people that know enough to even think to question the statement of the biggest expansion even need to read that press release? Let's face it, everything stated in the press release is stuff we all already know for the most part.

-

*Again on the boards, the fans who watch every moment, hang on every detail; we know the status of the project. But the people that ceremony was gear to, they don't. They just know Fantasyland is open for business and "Honey, we should book that trip to take the kids now." There were more reasons than one that that ceremony took place in front of Cinderella's Castle.
2/7/14

Gabe1

More publicity and attention. 2 "Openings" are better than 1.

Yep, you are right and how sad is that? That is what happens when you fire great Marketing Executive CMs and replace them with Iger puppets.

This round of executives, Presidents, VPs etc. will never be the legends we have seen in the past. Iger's team players are small little robots that are spineless. So we come to anticipate bright ideas of Fake Grand Openings and duplicates. It has become the substitute for quality. Gone are the days of Dick Nunis that demand quality and pride. Indeed it is a shame.

jdmdisney99

Yep, you are right and how sad is that? That is what happens when you fire great Marketing Executive CMs and replace them with Iger puppets.

This round of executives, Presidents, VPs etc. will never be the legends we have seen in the past. Iger's team players are small little robots that are spineless. So we come to anticipate bright ideas of Fake Grand Openings and duplicates. It has become the substitute for quality. Gone are the days of Dick Nunis that demand quality and pride. Indeed it is a shame.
Iger puppets:
41RYWHRYBTL.jpg
Staggs.jpg

Gabe1

First Gabe1, I have noticed a little hostility lately.

:hilarious: That is what happens when I am force fed fanboi Pixie Dust.

Now if I'm required by fanboi's to sprinkle pixie dust or be labeled hostile lets talk Christmas Candy Canes.

Disney is the Best of the Best in the Candy Cane department.

Nobody does it better
Makes me feel sad for the rest
Nobody does it half as good as you
Disney Candy Canes, you're the best

11-25-13-IMG_3236.jpg

Magical. Slurp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom