Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

RonAnnArbor

Zero chance of it being even in soft openings by that date -- as of last week it is absolutely nowhere near ready even with major construction -- while they are testing the trains running on the track, the entire thing is not completely built yet -- much of it is still one big mud pit -- this thing is months and months away from any type of opening

ToTBellHop

Zero chance of it being even in soft openings by that date -- as of last week it is absolutely nowhere near ready even with major construction -- while they are testing the trains running on the track, the entire thing is not completely built yet -- much of it is still one big mud pit -- this thing is months and months away from any type of opening
More like month and month.

Sped2424

So you have personal knowledge of the progress on the inside of the ride?
well based off the outside everything else seems to be pretty much made. All the major rock work seems to be ready or on its way to being ready. Its not like this is a huge ride with tons of scenes. They have one indoor scene to do.

phi2134

well based off the outside everything else seems to be pretty much made. All the major rock work seems to be ready or on its way to being ready. Its not like this is a huge ride with tons of scenes. They have one indoor scene to do.

Ok, I will give you that there aren't many scenes in the mine, but we have no clue where they are at. For all we know it might only be a wire frame still and work has not progressed beyond that, I doubt that but we honestly have no idea. A lot of people take what is said in these threads as gospel and will feed off it. So I am just basically saying be careful about throwing out speculation because it will start a frenzy of..."THE MINE COASTER WILL BE DONE NEXT WEEK! or DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE READY FOR MY VACATION NEXT MONTH?"

Sped2424

Ok, I will give you that there aren't many scenes in the mine, but we have no clue where they are at. For all we know it might only be a wire frame still and work has not progressed beyond that, I doubt that but we honestly have no idea. A lot of people take what is said in these threads as gospel and will feed off it. So I am just basically saying be careful about throwing out speculation because it will start a frenzy of..."THE MINE COASTER WILL BE DONE NEXT WEEK! or DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE READY FOR MY VACATION NEXT MONTH?"
I said February because of what ISTC stated month to month... Nothing wrong with a little speculating.

RonAnnArbor

It may or may not open during spring break season -- I was just there last week -- it is FAR from being finished - its not just a matter of someone saying paint and trees -- there are months of stonework alone still to be done -- and no landscaping or even backfill has been started for the mud pit that surrounds the whole thing. They can probably do the plants on the hillside itself in just a few nights -- but the infrastructure isn't even finished yet, let alone the testing and the state licensing that needs to be done. This thing was announced for Spring 2014 -- right now that doesn't look like its going to be met

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It may or may not open during spring break season -- I was just there last week -- it is FAR from being finished - its not just a matter of someone saying paint and trees -- there are months of stonework alone still to be done -- and no landscaping or even backfill has been started for the mud pit that surrounds the whole thing. They can probably do the plants on the hillside itself in just a few nights -- but the infrastructure isn't even finished yet, let alone the testing and the state licensing that needs to be done. This thing was announced for Spring 2014 -- right now that doesn't look like its going to be met

I have to disagree. The rock work is mostly complete, some painting left in some areas and some new boulders at the top of the mountain, they could finish this in two months easily. External themeing has started to go in and someone just reported that the first trees have started going. Testing has been going on for at least a month now. I think they could have this open early Spring without any problem.

ToTBellHop

We'll have to agree to disagree (admitting that, of course, none of us actually know when this is going to open. I'm sure Disney has a very good idea by now--and a recent press release reaffirms a Spring 2014 opening).

C.FERNIE

wouldn't Disney just be as vague as possible about the opening date and take a stab at a date that it would certainly be done?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
wouldn't Disney just be as vague as possible about the opening date and take a stab at a date that it would certainly be done?

This is pretty much what they have been doing. The have been targeting 1st calendar quarter of 2014 since the beginning, and recently have started to say Spring 2014 publicly, which overlaps a little bit with the first quarter of 2014. Internally I would assume they have a actual target date, it's hard to do proper project planning without that.

C.FERNIE

Well we would hope they could project plan TDO seems to have there head in the clouds in the past couple of years, either that or they have planned everything they are going to do down to the last day with their magic bands lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom