Is a January 20, 2014 opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train possible???

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Technically it could be June 20th.

Indeed. I think they are being careful at this point and leaving wiggle room. They still have to determine speeds for height restrictions, also and unexpected issues. Leaving 3 months of wiggle room gives them gift of time for the unexpected. You don't want guests booking vacations anticipating a soft opening or Grand Opening and then announce, ooops another month after how long it took to build this puppy.

raymusiccity

Indeed. I think they are being careful at this point and leaving wiggle room. They still have to determine speeds for height restrictions, also and unexpected issues. Leaving 3 months of wiggle room gives them gift of time for the unexpected. You don't want guests booking vacations anticipating a soft opening or Grand Opening and then announce, ooops another month after how long it took to build this puppy.

You'll see advance bookings go through the roof If they start hinting that the flying dragon will make an encore appearance !

Cmdr_Crimson

I heard him say Spring twice in the clip. I missed the "early" Spring. Where is that & April coming from?

So I rewatched it..Yes he just says Spring....Still Spring Starts March 20th...I'm wanting to know who thinks that they will be having testing in January...I won't hold my breath..

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I rewatched it..Yes he just says Spring....Still Spring Starts March 20th...I'm wanting to know who thinks that they will be having testing in January...I won't hold my breath..

I'd be surprised though pleasantly if they test in January. I don't believe they have sent multiple mine trains down yet let alone the whole train. We've had a few peeps in the know say they are not near completion and others state how close they are. Interesting conflicting takes.

Disney is being a tad coy about where they are inside the mountain. The balance of the FLE Disney was gushing about every single tiny milestone and dragging lifestylers around for sneak peeks, usually without cameras to fuel the chatter. Inside the mountain, I've seen very little. This silent is golden can mean several things, they've gotten nowhere to speak of inside yet, it isn't that grand while standing still and looking at it (maybe different whizzing bye in a coaster for 10 seconds), they learned not to 'out' everything before the opening and be their own spoilers. Whatever the reason is for them being coy about how near they are to completion, they have 6 months to get it right and not be off the scheduled target date of "spring."

The video with the Imagineer I re-posted yesterday was just redundant of what has been said for a long, long time.

dreamfinder

our trip was just booked for jan 24 - 30. Is there anyway to be someone who tests the ride? if so, how do we go about that?

Testing is usually weighted dummies, then after they feel confident the ride won't blow up, it moves on to Imagineers, and then eventually regular CMs. After that, they may do a FL Res/AP/DVC/Blog test period where people have to look for notices saying "Hey _____ers! Apply here to see the ride on such and such a day at such and such a time". But they will also randomly do unannounced soft opening at that time. So you happen to walk out of Mickey's Philharmagic? They may grab the whole group for a test ride. Or you may be walking by, and the line is open and they invite you in. Any of the above are possible, but are all test/soft openings so are often not announced, and stop at any time to work out bugs.

hoppesj2

Original Poster
Jan 20th was an unconfirmed rumor I heard. I was fishing for info from some of you seasoned veterans. I never thought that I would see so much back and forth from so many people who are more knowledgeable than me. This suggests that they aren't near complete on the interior or it is in fact finished and are just testing and putting finishing touches on the outside as they are loading trees in, getting ready to backfill, some facades or buildings in place, and finishing up the rock work at this point. Just wish they would finish this and word as quickly as they do with the DVC expansions :-( You would think they would want to get it finished and put it behind them

CRO-Magnum

Reservationists are warned about going "off script" or providing unofficial information over the phone, and given how often they are monitored (a lead or trainer listens in live while watching everything being done on the computer) and the repurcussions there's good reason to comply. Yes I know from experience they go off the reservation sometimes, but the rules are pretty tight. When I mentioned a villa was large enough you could host a party, I was told immediately thereafter by the person who was monitoring me we should never suggest a guest throw a party. Ok....

MOXOMUMD

Say something is going to open in spring, but open it a month and a half earlier and see who the hero is.

See if you can figure out the significance of these dates: 11/19/2012, 1/6/2013.
Not arguing but that's just it. We shouldn't need a hero to get this open earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom