iPhone users in Disney

No that's not all. :ROFLOL:
I'm locked into Sprint for a few more months. I'll see what the HTC Diamand and Pro look like with their version of the Opera browsers, then make a decision. Do you still have to hack your iphone to put ringers on there, other than paid itunes ringers? Windows phones suck, but they are easily modified. :drevil:
If you have a mac and you have the newest Garage Band, you can make free ringtones out of any audio. I have specrto, wishes, tapestry of nations, fantasmic and illuminations ring tones. :)

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder how useful they really are most of the time? I hear the silliest conversations half the time. "I will be there in five minutes". You need to call someone to say that? It is not so much the phone, but some people's lack of etiquette while using them. People use their outside voice when they are on them inside. People will try and have two conversations while on them, a pet peeve of mine. I am not saying that you do any of this, I am simply saying that these things can be annoying.

I have to side with Pumbas on this one since I just recently bought my first phone. The only reason I did buy one was because I can no longer find a working pay phone.

I have also noticed how much people miss by constantly being connected. I am in D.C. often and I constantly see people walk right by great architecture and artistic statuary and they do not even notice it. I understand technology and all of that. However, I also understand the invaluable nature of face to face communication, as Pumbas noted.:)

Well yeah if youre in WDW walking around having stupid convos with people about nothing then YES that is silly. I however did not mention once I use it there for talk time, texting, or emailing.

Weather its an iPhone, a blackjack, black berry, or any data device with excel its useful because thats what I create my plans with while Im there.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
No that's not all. :ROFLOL:
I'm locked into Sprint for a few more months. I'll see what the HTC Diamand and Pro look like with their version of the Opera browsers, then make a decision. Do you still have to hack your iphone to put ringers on there, other than paid itunes ringers? Windows phones suck, but they are easily modified. :drevil:
There are downloadable ringtones that are free. I just found a bunch at http://macmost.com/iphoneringtones/

Laura

Premium Member
If you have a mac and you have the newest Garage Band, you can make free ringtones out of any audio. I have specrto, wishes, tapestry of nations, fantasmic and illuminations ring tones. :)

That's what I do. I have a couple WDW ones. But I've found that none of them end up being loud enough to hear across the house, so I went back to the old antique phone ring. *sigh*

Phonedave

i always bring mine. i have a site programed into it that tells me the wait times of the rides. i also set up reminders of when to meet up with my parents, fastpass time, reservations, exc.its alot heavier then my blackberry, but its quicker for me to use.

Yet another reason I don't have one.

-dave

yankspy

Well yeah if youre in WDW walking around having stupid convos with people about nothing then YES that is silly. I however did not mention once I use it there for talk time, texting, or emailing.

Weather its an iPhone, a blackjack, black berry, or any data device with excel its useful because thats what I create my plans with while Im there.
Fair enough. I did not mean to suggest that you talk loud or text, that is why I said that I did not say that you do these things.:)

You said something interesting. You said that you use your phone to plan. I think that could be the difference. Some people plan when on vacation and others try and do as little planning as possible. There is no right or wrong when it comes to that, I am just not necessarily a planner when I am at WDW. I guess that is why I have never seen the need to use one when I am there. I can not tell you how much I hate the fact that I have to make ADR's months ahead of time if I wish to eat at certain restaurants.

antman157

Original Poster
All mobile phone users at the parks should be stoned to death. No one is that important that they cant be out of contact for a few hours.

As for using the phone on line etc, how about trying the unusual concept of communicating directly with those around you. Or are you just trying to show you have an iPhone. If so how simply

Wow stoned to death... You spend too much time on you iPhone dude

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
All mobile phone users at the parks should be stoned to death. No one is that important that they cant be out of contact for a few hours.

As for using the phone on line etc, how about trying the unusual concept of communicating directly with those around you. Or are you just trying to show you have an iPhone. If so how simply

Wow stoned to death... You spend too much time on you iPhone dude

And given your apparent lack of comprehension, you obviously didn't spend enough time in school.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Fair enough. I did not mean to suggest that you talk loud or text, that is why I said that I did not say that you do these things.:)

You said something interesting. You said that you use your phone to plan. I think that could be the difference. Some people plan when on vacation and others try and do as little planning as possible. There is no right or wrong when it comes to that, I am just not necessarily a planner when I am at WDW. I guess that is why I have never seen the need to use one when I am there. I can not tell you how much I hate the fact that I have to make ADR's months ahead of time if I wish to eat at certain restaurants.

Yeah its pretty cool, if you gave me your email address I could email the excell sheet right from my phone so you can see what I see on my phone when I pull it up. Its very useful being that I can carry a small lightweight phone with me and it will have all my plans and reservations and reservation numbers on it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
i always bring mine. i have a site programed into it that tells me the wait times of the rides. i also set up reminders of when to meet up with my parents, fastpass time, reservations, exc.its alot heavier then my blackberry, but its quicker for me to use.

What web site are you using that has live WDW wait times?

ewensell3

I've never understood the people who update "the forums" while standing in line and such. WDWMagic is the last thing on my mind on vacation!

When one is standing in the standby line for TSMM (minute 65 of the supposed 90 minute queue time, and you've not made it past "Candyland" yet), Potato Head is in D-mode (aka, Down), kids keep playing with the stupid automatic exit doors (ka-chunk... ka-slam!... ka-chunk... ka-slam!) and you've spotted the hidden mickey for the 10th time, an iPhone (or any other sort of electronic device) would be a blessing...

hokielutz

Unfortunately, Twisney is dependent on users with mobile internet devices to report times while in the parks.

Wish there was an automated system that could get that information on an hourly basis, but that is something Disney wouldn't do.

Jenna

I took my phone on my last trip to WDW and took a few pics with it so I could remember the world when I left it. I would never dream of browsing the net when I was in the parks...regardless of how long the queue was, I take in the theming, music and listen to the chit chat of both my family and others. I'd send the odd text at night time when I was back at the villa relaxing or maybe at dinner but in general Florida time is escape time :D :D :D

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I now changed my plans well changed how I typed them and included links so now while we are on buses, or in lines we can simply click the link I provided and view the menus for the places we are eating that day. :kiss:

Alexx

On an Iphone is it possible to upload photos from a camera onto it? So on a night when im in my hotel before I sleep I can write a trip report on the forum.

I'm getting an Iphone soon and yes i'm taking it to Orlando so I can keep in touch with people if im in my hotel on a night when im not in the parks otherwise I wouldn't answer it.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Your phone is activated, and basically controlled through iTunes. Same as an iPod. Its odd and takes a little getting used too but once you get it its easy to control.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom