Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
So, they did the 10:30 after the 9:00 was cancelled? I did the night safari then went back to the resort.
Yes. The 10:30 show went on as planned last night; however, even when they were letting us into the seating area at 10:15 all of the CMs were telling guests repeatedly that they still couldn't guarantee that the 10:30 show would happen. They ended up pulling it off, but you didn't miss anything IMO.

Jones14

Strongly considering switching back to my dinosaur FP.....but i also have this little dead hope inside of me that RoL might open. I doubt it but hey, we can dream right? ;)
Strongly considering switching back to my dinosaur FP.....but i also have this little dead hope inside of me that RoL might open. I doubt it but hey, we can dream right? ;)
I wouldn't switch it to Dinosaur! Even if you're underwhelmed by Jungle Book, Dinosaur was a walk-on for the last few hours of the night while we were there. Just go after 9 pm and you'll wait ten minutes or less.

Speedy71

CjmJGAxXAAAascj.jpg:large

DisneyDreamer08

Anybody notice if Disney Research is out there questioning people and gathering reaction data about the show? From the looks of it and seeing the people here, this thing might be a giant flop. If this show might need stay for a few months, I wonder if Disney will think there is still time to plus it in some way.

My idea? Bring OFF KILTER to AK for the summer and put them on those barges every night. That would be worth driving up there to see! ;-)

I saw a screen grab on another website of a survey question regarding overall impression of the show. The question was very broad, it basically said what was your impression of the singers, dancers, theater, seating, entrance and exit procedure etc. I'm not sure if there were other questions beyond that.

Soarin' Over Pgh

It does beg the question though... how has the social media age been around this long and no one has made a theme park version of RT?

The trolls would sink their teeth into that one!

It's a shame that this show is seemingly sinking like a rock. I hope Disney is able to fix the issues with the water screens.

@marni1971 have you heard any word on whether they're getting the GPS navigation issues unbugged? I hope there is some solid progress on RoL.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

It's a shame that this show is seemingly sinking like a rock. I hope Disney is able to fix the issues with the water screens.

@marni1971 have you heard any word on whether they're getting the GPS navigation issues unbugged? I hope there is some solid progress on RoL.
At this point, can we even be sure that RoL will be as good as we expect? The previews we have seen could very easily be the one or two cool aspects and then we will just get more interpretive dancing, lol.

Next Big Thing

I wouldn't say the show is sinking. The pixie dust crowd, DCPers, etc are all eating this up. Plus, it's not like many on vacation each week will have heard much about the show.

We're critical here because we expect the best. Doesn't mean many won't enjoy the show still.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I wouldn't say the show is sinking. The pixie dust crowd, DCPers, etc are all eating this up. Plus, it's not like many on vacation each week will have heard much about the show.

We're critical here because we expect the best. Doesn't mean many won't enjoy the show still.

We have alot of nerve trying to hold Disney up to the standards set by Disney how many years ago.

wannabeBelle

My family and I saw the show on Saturday. We actually thought it was pretty good. It was a change from many previous Disney night time shows. Was it the best no, but it was not even close to being the worse night time show at a park (including Disney).
Agreed. I saw it and enjoyed it. Was it the best I have seen Disney do? No but definitely better than some choices in the past ::Cough lumberjacks cough:: and certainly better than nothing. The lighting show on the Tree is pretty awesome and overall I enjoyed the night time offerings, although I didn't get to the Safari. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom