INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

Madison

me said:
It can safely operate five trains at any given time.
SpenceMan01 said:
Assuming that all of its hoses are correctly plugged in where they're meant to go, yes. :p

At least, I believe that's the case. It may have been originally designed to operate five, then later scaled back to four trains now that I think about it.

Are you going to make me go search through pictures and count block brakes? :)

animal_king1990 said:
Well, it's safe to say that if the time were 3.25 minutes, at an average speed of at least 15 mph(which is probably slower than the real average), the length would have to be at LEAST 4300ft. Simple mathematics. However, if the average speed were 20 mph for 3.25 minutes, the ride would have to be around 5700 ft. Well, I can't really tell you until I know for sure but those are my estimates.

I would posit that 33-50% of the ride time on most roller coasters is spent climbing the lift hill -- usually at a speed no greater than 4 MPH. That will significantly decrease the ride's average speed. Furthermore, since it remains unclear how long the trains stop at each switch track, moving at 0 MPH, it's impossible to say how much that would further lower the ride's average speed.

SirGoofy

Sounds great guys! I have a few questions.Did Joe describe the Yeti's movements, like what he'll do? Also, what is the Adventurer's Club?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Adventurers Club is a Comedy Social Club at Pleasure Island... Joe didn't describe much of the Yetis movement, rather he made mention of the the fact tha the animatronic will look biologically feasible

animal_king1990

I would posit that 33-50% of the ride time on most roller coasters is spent climbing the lift hill -- usually at a speed no greater than 4 MPH. That will significantly decrease the ride's average speed. Furthermore, since it remains unclear how long the trains stop at each switch track, moving at 0 MPH, it's impossible to say how much that would further lower the ride's average speed.[/quote]

Fine, lets say that if the lift is about 1 minute and the switch tracks are a few seconds, each an average speed of 25 mph for the rest of the course would result in a length of at least 5000 ft.

wannab@dis

animal_king1990 said:
Fine, lets say that if the lift is about 1 minute and the switch tracks are a few seconds, each an average speed of 25 mph for the rest of the course would result in a length of at least 5000 ft.

Why is the length of the track so important to you? I think the consensus is that nobody knows, or if they do, can't post it yet due to NDAs.

SpenceMan01

As far as the Yeti's movement here's how I vision it:

You come rolling through a dark, giant cavern. All of a sudden you hear a roar and the Yeti lunges out of his hiding spot, concealed in the rocks. As you pass, he makes a slash that narrowly misses taking off your head.

So cool. I can't wait to ride this thing.

BwanaBob

mkt said:
Yes. Yes I did. And Scott too.
You putz.

You absolute putz.

You called me and never mentioned what you were up to that night.

I hate you.

I hope 'Grape-ape' (and his wife) at Nature-on-the-rocks SIT on you the next time you go take pictures.

:mad:

Scott?.... I'll insult you later! :rolleyes:

bbll24

animal_king1990 said:
It's not important to me. I just want to let people know that the length of E.E would probably be around that.

Dude, nobody cares about the track length except you. Why do you keep asking random questions that nobody knows? How about you just wait and ride EE to find out the answers to your questions?

For me, I don't even care about the roller coaster part. I go to Cedar Point every year to get my roller coaster fix. I go to Disney World to ride some rides with some substance. The roller coaster portion of EE shouldn't be all that intense. I am more excited about the Yeti and the theming than the actual roller coaster part.

animal_king1990

The theming of E.E should be quite breathtaking, as seen in the pictures. 55 mph speeds combined with excellent theming should make this the best E-ticket ride in WDW.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
SirGoofy said:
Sounds great guys! I have a few questions.Did Joe describe the Yeti's movements, like what he'll do? Also, what is the Adventurer's Club?

He mentioned one movement, and that it's similar to how a chimp throws (underhand). Now as far as what the Yeti will be doing or anything else, nothing was mentioned. He didn't really talk about it chasing after you much either.

And the Adventurer's Club...a comedy club that can be summed up in two words: KUNGALOOSH and HOOPLA! *sits and waits for response*

animal_king1990

peter11435 said:
Please just wait until the ride is finished.

I'm just curious. Has anyone been to AK in the last few days and got new pictures of EE. The site could use a few new pictures in its E.E construction page. I'm planning to go again in maybe 3 years, so I can ride E.E

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
By moving, do you mean it walks? Or is it just arm movement, like swinging its arms?

It doesn't walk, but it definetely moves. In this very thread I posted an answer to this exact same question from another forum member about what we know about its movements...and I'm positive this is all anyone knows at this point or can tell any of us: post 61: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1284757&postcount=61

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom