INSIDER info on EE (all info from JOE ROHDE)

imagineer99

animal_king1990 said:
So there will probably be the sound of strong winds blowing and other sound effects like snow or rain? Will people be able to feel it or do you think it will just be sounds?

Look, WE DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

No one, except the people building it right now, know the answers to any of these specific questions.

nibblesandbits

imagineer99 said:
Look, WE DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

No one, except the people building it right now, know the answers to any of these specific questions.
Thank you!!!!! I've been meaning to say that for a while. (Actually my statement was going to be, "We don't know, so stop asking questions"...but yours was nicer! :) )

Thrawn

Account Suspended
imagineer99 said:

Well, and the imagineers, and anyone else they've talked to ... and the executives ... and Mike Eisner ... and certain forum lurkers that would never admit to it ...

imagineer99

Thrawn said:
Well, and the imagineers, and anyone else they've talked to ... and the executives ... and Mike Eisner ... and certain forum lurkers that would never admit to it ...

Still, you gotta admit asking what the queue line is going to smell and taste like is a tad premature at this point, eh? ;)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
imagineer99 said:
Still, you gotta admit asking what the queue line is going to smell and taste like is a tad premature at this point, eh? ;)

Of course I do.

I have a feeling that a good portion of the board is going to be disappointed with EE, because they are trying to hype it to themselves as being the "end all" of Disney attractions. Of course, the same thing has happened with every major attraction, so it won't be any different.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
animal_king1990 said:
Well, they should at least add sound effects like a blizzard, snow falling, and or rain because on the actual mountain, it does have snowstorms. A ride with absolutely no sound is kind of dull, no matter how thrilling it is. All rides need atmosphere to be good.
What exactly is the sound of snow falling? :confused:

As far as atmosphere, name one ride at WDW that doesn't have atmosphere, Disney practically defines the term !

nibblesandbits

unkadug said:
What exactly is the sound of snow falling? :confused:

As far as atmosphere, name one ride at WDW that doesn't have atmosphere, Disney practically defines the term !
well...I know of one that could be considered by some to have no atmosphere...it's initals are SGE

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thrawn said:
Of course I do.

I have a feeling that a good portion of the board is going to be disappointed with EE, because they are trying to hype it to themselves as being the "end all" of Disney attractions. Of course, the same thing has happened with every major attraction, so it won't be any different.

Yes, no one appreciates an attraction until it is removed. After it opens, it will be the worst piece of crap that Disney has ever made..blah, blah, blah. But wait until thirty years from now when they re-theme it to "Son of Harry Potter" or something, then everyone will be in an uproar.

animal_king1990

I have a question. How can the backward section of E.E go all the way back to the station as it has lost all momentum of speed? Also, where is the 80ft drop? The middle of the ride or near the end?

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
I have a question. How can the backward section of E.E go all the way back to the station as it has lost all momentum of speed? Also, where is the 80ft drop? The middle of the ride or near the end?

You're just full of little questions today, aren't you ;) I'm not sure what you are asking regarding the backwards segment, but perhaps this little description I wrote on these boards a while ago given what others have said and written about will help you understand what the ride wil entail:

Basically, the train will leave the station, turn right and go up a small lift hill. After this first lift, it will go underneath the rock formation the temple sits on and loop around amongst bamboo and other trees before hitting the main lift. The train will ascend up to the main lift, through the temple that will display "higher artistic" paintings of the Yeti. The train will eventually reach the main mountain and take a banked turn inside an icy cavern to the left and up another small hill. During this time, the track switches behind the train and the train then falls backwards into a dark tunnel of the mountain. It will go through a helix (this is NOT synonomous with a loop) and up another hill. After the track switches again, the train will resume forward motion, and drop down the 80 ft drop that is visible from the front (this is probably about 40-50% of the way through the ride) and back up into the mountain through the helix (the one with the stairs next to it). The rest of the layout is iffy but involves going in and out the mountain through the back, through two outside helices (again, not a loop) and eventually glide past the 15ft-20ft Yeti AA inside the main show building that is part of the mountain's back. During the whole attraction, the Yeti is "present" in some form ( from the primitive artwork seen in the queue, to the higher scale artwork seen in the temple, to hearing sounds, seeing evidence of track damage, etc.) but you won't actually see him/her/it until near the end of the ride.

animal_king1990

There are more pieces of broken track? I never knew that. So there is more than one track combination? I always thought it just went on a single track to the end, then it goes backwards all the way to the station. So do we only go down the 80ft drop once?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
animal_king1990 said:
There are more pieces of broken track? I never knew that. So there is more than one track combination? I always thought it just went on a single track to the end, then it goes backwards all the way to the station. So do we only go down the 80ft drop once?

The broken track is just for show.

No, there is only one track. I don't know where you possibly got a different impression. Yes, you only go through the 80ft drop once. Its a switch-track of sorts. Ever go on Maelstrom in Norway at Epcot? Where it turns around twice? Picture it like that. Not quite the same, but the same basic idea.

Don't you want to leave anything to the imagination?

dxwwf3

nibblesandbits said:
well...I know of one that could be considered by some to have no atmosphere...it's initals are SGE

Ok mark this one down:

Even without seeing the attraction in person, I can tell that SGE has a good atmosphere to it. The good score in the preshows help build anticipation and I'm sure you do have a unique feeling while inside the attraction. Surely to goodness if it has nothing else, it has good atmosphere. :lol:

On topic, my expectations for EE are very low right now. I made the mistake of getting super hyped up for Mission Space and I was beyond disapointed walking out of the building. And I tried not to think too much about Soarin on my last trip and I ended up being very pleased walking out the first time. I think I've learned my lesson.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
dxwwf3 said:
Ok mark this one down:

Even without seeing the attraction in person, I can tell that SGE has a good atmosphere to it. The good score in the preshows help build anticipation and I'm sure you do have a unique feeling while inside the attraction. Surely to goodness if it has nothing else, it has good atmosphere. :lol:

I think he meant a different word than atmosphere. Maybe "delivery" fits better ... not sure. I thought it was a fine attraction for what it was supposed to be, a slightly scary show for kids.

On topic, my expectations for EE are very low right now. I made the mistake of getting super hyped up for Mission Space and I was beyond disapointed walking out of the building. And I tried not to think too much about Soarin on my last trip and I ended up being very pleased walking out the first time. I think I've learned my lesson.

At least someone's learned. :D

I'm expecting a slightly more intense BTMR, and thats it.

dxwwf3

Thrawn said:
I think he meant a different word than atmosphere. Maybe "delivery" fits better ... not sure.

Ok that makes sense. Yeah I would have to totally agree with nibblesandbits when it comes to delivery. Now THAT is something that can come across very easily through video :animwink: :lol:

Thrawn said:
I thought it was a fine attraction for what it was supposed to be, a slightly scary show for kids.

And that's one of the things that most people around here have a problem with. Disney took a teen/adult friendly attraction in a park with probably too many kid friendly attractions.......and turned it into a show for kids. I think that's where alot of the frustration comes from. But that's a different story all together (I had to beat them to death with their own shoes :lookaroun Wayne's World 2 anyone?). No need to discuss that anymore.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
animal_king1990 said:
If I counted both forward/backward trips, would the length of E.E. would be around 6000 ft?

There is no way to tell. Can't you stop asking these type of questions?

Captain Hank

The only people who would know the answers to these very specific questions are the Imagineers, contractors, and other people in the Company. They won't talk until the attraction is completed (quite frankly, I'm quite surprised that Joe Rhode said told all of the things he did to mkt and WDWScottieBoy [not that I'm complaining :) ]). All of the things you are asking about will be public knowledge once the attraction is completed and opened (or thereabouts). Until then, kindly refrain from asking questions that we cannot possibly answer. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom