Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
How about the water parks, any new rides coming?
Not at the moment.

After Tron are there any plans to expand the MK, if so where is the most likely expansion pad.
Yes, most likely the Adventureland plot

Any changes to the Fast Pass system in the near future?
No.

Lastly, any major changes/additions coming to the Polynesian?
No

CJR

Since this has moved away from just being about the MSEP, I feel more comfortable asking this, how about any new shows coming to DHS? Specifically, replacements for longtime shows BatB or Mermaid?

Lirael

Are we getting any news soon, and if yes, can you hint about what? I think this way people can check the veracity of your claims if you hit the nail on the head with the closest news we get

PeoplemoverTTA

I'd add @MansionButler84 and @Magic Feather to the trustworthy list. They've both been on long enough and provided enough info that came to fruition to satisfy me...

I miss @whylightbulb too -- he was a nice source of insider information. I believe he either used to be in WDI and did contract work now for Uni, or otherwise was a contractor in the industry and had a lot of connections. (I may be wrong about the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was something like that).

I feel like OP is legit, but I am concerned @wdwmagic hasn't weighed in on it, seeing as a mod was required to undelete the thread, so there must be some knowledge of the accuracy of OP.

I see that Steve has responded, but I thought it was odd people were asking. I can't remember ever seeing Steve chime in and say that someone claiming to have intel was "legit" or not. I think his answer was great, though, about what he does and does not do to filter out people. Like he said, if this person is for real, we'll be able to tell soon enough.

I'm enjoying this thread, whether legit intel or not. It's fun to think about this stuff. So many rumors that appear here (even from trusted experts) don't pan out -- it's the nature of the beast. So why not discuss them a bit? I get being a little leery and feel that questioning is valid (this is coming from a 12+ year member of these boards who was pretty vocal on the Troy Porter/Micechat threads when that broke), but this feels pretty harmless to me.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Thank you for a great thread @Disnerd2003 This is fun. 🙂
  • Will Jungle Cruise still get re-designs of the upcoming movie?
  • Will the Muppets in Liberty Square ever come back, or are they gone for good?
  • Where does the pink path in the Epcot redesign artwork lead to?
  • Will there be IP in the updated Spaceship Earth?
  • From what you know about the updates coming to Imagination pavilion, do you think fans of Figment will be happy?
  • Will the Ratatouille ride have 3D glasses like in Disneyland Paris?
  • What's next for Animal Kingdom? Any plans for land between Kali and Conservation Station?
  • Are more missions still coming to Smugglers Run?
  • Will the Indy stunt show get any updates?
  • If Brazil is no longer happening, any other countries coming to World Showcase?
  • Any chance of Rise of the Resistance getting passholder previews?
  • When will the new Canada movie premier? Will it have a celebrity host or invisible narrator?
  • Is Mexico ride getting a Coco overlay as hinted in the Epcot Experience model?

iMax

I read all 19 pages of this thread and all I can say is "WT_ TDO?!?" They had one chance, one shot to actually blow everyone's mind for the 50th with a new night parade, but of course we get MSEP for like the 5th time in WDW's history. I'm honestly not surprised but I'm definitely disappointed.

As far as everything else goes, the fireworks show sounds interesting, my predictions is projections on Main Street & Space Mountain (which I've been calling for years,) however here are the questions I have:

•Nobody has brought this up yet which surprises me but, what's going on with Fantasmic? After seeing what Disneyland could do with the show, it's kinda long overdue for an upgrade over here, not only that but where is Snow White? Her barge has been MIA for the entire year.

•Has PTN ever left the West Coast and brought over here, specifically the Mac Truck, the so called reason why we can't have PTN in MK.

•How in the world could Spectromagic actually return? If that parade was to actually make some form of return I would be so happy as that parade was the parade I grew up watching.

•Who exactly is in charge of TDO's budget and why the heck are they so cheap???

•Can DHS actually receive another day parade or even better a night parade or even better PTN?

•Why is SWAGS (Galactic Spectacular) so lackluster than it was when it first debuted? Is there also a possibility for a new show anytime soon?

•Dinosaur is staying right?

•Are the special Epcot tags (4th, POE, NYE) gonna remain the same or be changed, or even happen at all?

•Will they ever get rid of or change the VOTLM and BATB shows at DHS?

That's all I have.

@Disnerd2003 any chance you could answer some of these?

Monorail_Orange

Not sure if the OP is valid or not, but PTN isn’t as dead as he says. Pieces have slowly started to return to the resort and talks of a 2020 run.
In fairness, the OP did not say that it was dead, per se, but that it was very unlikely due to it's expensive nature. I get that the two aren't that far off, but dead to me in this case would be like Spectro's current status. I believe the OP or someone else also pointed out that PtN would return when DLR felt it would have a significant positive impact on attendance, and whoever said that I completely agree with.

DisneyOutsider

I see that Steve has responded, but I thought it was odd people were asking. I can't remember ever seeing Steve chime in and say that someone claiming to have intel was "legit" or not. I think his answer was great, though, about what he does and does not do to filter out people. Like he said, if this person is for real, we'll be able to tell soon enough.

I'm enjoying this thread, whether legit intel or not. It's fun to think about this stuff. So many rumors that appear here (even from trusted experts) don't pan out -- it's the nature of the beast. So why not discuss them a bit? I get being a little leery and feel that questioning is valid (this is coming from a 12+ year member of these boards who was pretty vocal on the Troy Porter/Micechat threads when that broke), but this feels pretty harmless to me.

People were asking because OP insinuated that the thread was disabled in order for the Admins to verify his credibility, which was NOT corroborated by Steve's response, FWIW.

I don't care to speak on OP's credibility either, but when a thread like this pops up with the language and mannerisms involved, I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a healthy dose of skepticism being voiced. Claims have been made by the OP on his own behalf that are unusual to say the least.

Mickeyboof

@Disnerd2003

Only one question from me. How was the mood the days following Galaxy’s Edge opening with the teams? I’ve worked on some broadway flops, and I know how it hurts to do work for years upon years and have it burn in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom