Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Spent 30 years with "TDO"? Not a single team has been in the Team Disney building in Orlando for 30 years... It hasn't even been open 30 years. And no one calls it that inside the company. Also no one refers to decision makers as "Management." A different term is used.
Putting everything in simplest terms here so readers can understand.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Are there any plans for Rafiki's Planet Watch?
Yes. A few years out from now.
Will Dinoland ever go the way of the dinosaur?
If the Indiana Jones retheme is approved, then yes.
Was it ever considered to convert Seas pavilion to the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory?
A colleague said some fans mentioned it online but the idea wasn't given much though after initial talks.
Are there any plans for Odyssey after the FW transformation?
Yes. Can't share that now.
Do long-term plans for Imagination still include both a theater and ride?
Theres a few options on the table. One includes the use of the theater in the ride, one includes demlishong the theater and leaving the space unused, and the other plans leave it as a theater.
Any new moderate or value resorts on the horizon or just DVC and/or deluxe?
One new moderate was proposed. The talks of a new MK resort are happening but it's almost a decade away from ground breaking.
When (if ever) will we see a Frontierland expansion?
Never most likely.
Have there ever been real discussions about a Tomorrowland name change?
No.
Is the E-ticket for Adventureland (volcano coaster) still being considered?
WDI shelved it a while back.
Finally, the Holy Grail of questions: Has there ever real talks about getting out of the Marvel deal with Universal?
Above my pay grade and different department, but I heard there were talks at one point.

Lilofan

Iger for sure has his own bathroom, probably own entrance too.
Back when I was a poor kid putting my way through college, one of my jobs was a night shift security guard at an office complex. In my travels, I saw the CEO office area and he had his own elevator to get to and from the building to an entrance/exit without being noticed, a full bathroom with a shower and a little equipped kitchen. The workout gym in the building was state of the art and that was impressive.

DDLand

Interesting. Besides SWL, what other lands has Chapek slowly rolled things out on?
Let’s see...

1) Toy Story Land- Attractions launched with one restaurant. TSR, shade, and other props that should have been there from day one are coming little by little.
2) Avengers Campus DCA- First Mission: Breakout. Then Spider-Man. Finally we’ll get the E-Ticket.
3) Avengers Campus HKDL- First Ant Man (Iron Man was a preexisting project), likely a Space Mountain remake, and then the Avengers E
4) Same rolling release occurring at WDSP.
5) Epcot was more of a pickle, but it could be 2023 until we see completion of the final elements. Admittedly this was more understandable, but it is actually drawn out. They kicked off the revitalization in 2017, and it could be 6 years before they’re finished. Not because of slow construction timelines, but because they would not fund a more ambitious revitalization. Elements of the redo have still been held in limbo.

It actually does seem like Chapek roles things out.

I just don't get the tone of this thread, especially some of the more "angry" responses.
Agreed. The more this guys posts the more legit it seems. I still doubt his story, but his info seems too specific and too plausible to deny. For now, I’m happy to have a “Spirit Style” thread where a Q/A can take place. This is fun!
Yes but no premise or IP had been chosen yet.

I can talk about the new Christmas Party Fireworks soon enough.

Thank you for following along!

Not at the moment.

@Clyde Birdbrain
  • Will Jungle Cruise still get re-designs of the upcoming movie? If it performs well, ideas have been circulating.
  • Will the Muppets in Liberty Square ever come back, or are they gone for good? They'll make their return if the boss becomes desperate for a crowd eater.
  • Where does the pink path in the Epcot redesign artwork lead to? I can't say. SUPER SECRET.
  • Will there be IP in the updated Spaceship Earth? NO!
  • From what you know about the updates coming to Imagination pavilion, do you think fans of Figment will be happy? Most certainly.
  • Will the Ratatouille ride have 3D glasses like in Disneyland Paris? Yes.
  • What's next for Animal Kingdom? Any plans for land between Kali and Conservation Station? No but a new E ticket is coming.
  • Are more missions still coming to Smugglers Run? There are talks of 1 more at WDI.
  • Will the Indy stunt show get any updates? Maybe.
  • If Brazil is no longer happening, any other countries coming to World Showcase? Not at the moment.
  • Any chance of Rise of the Resistance getting passholder previews? Only if they finish in time.
  • When will the new Canada movie premier? Will it have a celebrity host or invisible narrator? Invisible narrator. Next spring/summer with Impressions de France.
  • Is Mexico ride getting a Coco overlay as hinted in the Epcot Experience model? Another secret.
Not until after the 50th.

if you guys are fans, she stays.

It was the lowest I had ever seen the morale. We were all speechless for weeks. Both Bobs never came out of their offices.

I didn't deny an update I just said management is happy with it NOW.
Thanks for this news!

Are the properties being considered for DAK and Adventureland appropriate to the parks?

mcrgw29

Alright I'll throw my hat in for a question as well, will the FriendShip boats stay or are they on their way out given the gondolas? I doubt new boats given the recent hull rehabs but anything there either?

CalebS

There's an update to Gran Fiesta but it's quite a few years down the line. No "new" dark rides besides Mary Poppins unfortunately. Had the AK addition gone the way 8 wanted it to it wouldve been a dark boat ride.
So then the next AK E ticket will be a thrill ride?

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
This is fun!

where would the Animal Kingdom E Ticket go?
Cant say that just yet but you can probably "Dig" for the information.
@Disnerd2003

Regardless of credibility or not, I just want to thank you for taking the time to answer pretty much everyone's questions. That's a lot of devotion.

One more from me and I'll be done (for now, at least). Poppins hasn't started construction yet, do you think they'll get it finished by Epcot's 40th? Lot's of work to do there.
Projected opening is by the 40th. Construction is farther along than you think. You're certainly welcome.
Alright I'll throw my hat in for a question as well, will the FriendShip boats stay or are they on their way out given the gondolas? I doubt new boats given the recent hull rehabs but anything there either?
They're staying.
@Disnerd2003

What is the future of MuppetVision and Star Tours? How long can we expect them to be around for?
Around 2-3 years for each. Star Tours longer than Muppet Vision most likely.

JustInTime

Projected opening is by the 40th. Construction is farther along than you think. You're certainly welcome.

They're staying.

Around 2-3 years for each. Star Tours longer than Muppet Vision most likely
So possibly excavator coaster which is Dino themed? Or more geared to Indy??? ;)

DDLand

Will Dinoland ever go the way of the dinosaur?
If the Indiana Jones retheme is approved, then yes.
Nooooo! I would be so sad if this happened. Dinosaur will always be one of the favs. I’ll never understand WDW fan’s fixation with Indiana Jones. We have a dope SciFi adventure! There is time travel, jeeps, and dinosaurs in ONE ride! Plus some cool underlying messages... They have an audio animatronic that looks vaguely like Harrison Ford. Come on people, Dinosaur is epic!

I would say it could use some money to build out a few more sparse show scenes and maybe add some feathers on our Dinos.

Save Dinosaur from extinction!

Do long-term plans for Imagination still include both a theater and ride?
Theres a few options on the table. One includes the use of the theater in the ride, one includes demlishong the theater and leaving the space unused, and the other plans leave it as a theater.
I’d be fine with option 1 or 3. That’s a lot of real estate that could instantly make some really drawn out show scenes. It would be a worthy trade if it added 2-3 minutes of dark ride. Keeping the theatre around is also a good thing. Knocking it down... Please no.

Would this be announced at Destination D or sooner/further out? I know Disney was hours away from announcing a major DAK MK investment project when Chapek pulled the plug. Is that this?

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Would this be announced at Destination D or sooner/further out? I know Disney was hours away from announcing a major DAK MK investment project when Chapek pulled the plug. Is that this?
Most likely. It's a multi million dollar project. I was surprised Chapek entertained it this far. As long as he doesnt call it off it'll be announced at Destination D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom