Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm with you on this... I'm really going to need some sort of input from @wdwmagic on the reasoning between the delete and undo because my eyes are about to roll out of my head on some of these posts.
I feel like OP is legit, but I am concerned @wdwmagic hasn't weighed in on it, seeing as a mod was required to undelete the thread, so there must be some knowledge of the accuracy of OP.
Given the many unique issues surrounding this thread, including its removal and restoration, after which the OP said that his credibility had been verified, the silence from @wdwmagic despite repeated requests for comment is rather deafening...

Sorry for the late reply, been a busy day.

There isn't any real significance about this thread compared to others. It was removed initially by request of the OP, which is something that I don't like to do, because other people get involved in threads and I don't believe it is fair to them for an entire thread to be scrubbed. It was then re-instated when I had a chance to take a closer look.

In terms of verification of the OP or info, I have nothing to add. I like to think that reputations on the forum are quickly established, and it is for each reader to make up his or her own mind.

With that being said, I do my best to keep the forums as an accurate and reliable source of information, and if a thread were to become misleading or obviously not in the interests of the forum it would be dealt with.

Hope that helps!

tissandtully

Sorry for the late reply, been a busy day.

There isn't any real significance about this thread compared to others. It was removed initially by request of the OP, which is something that I don't like to do, because other people get involved in threads and I don't believe it is fair to them for an entire thread to be scrubbed. It was then re-instated when I had a chance to take a closer look.

In terms of verification of the OP or info, I have nothing to add. I like to think that reputations on the forum are quickly established, and it is for each reader to make up his or her own mind.

With that being said, I do my best to keep the forums as an accurate and reliable source of information, and if a thread were to become misleading or obviously not in the interests of the forum it would be dealt with.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate it!!

mollygirl21

Yes unfortunately.
This is one of the things that makes Disney stand out and for me makes it worth the cost for a visit. The atmosphere is what is special and these performers make/made the atmosphere more magical. That is the kind of thing that helps take visitors away to another place, leaving their real life worries behind.

That and amazing CMs who give top notch guest service.

techgeek

What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
More Gondolas, but most likely not until 2024 or beyond.

What is management's overall impression with the Skyliner system and especially with the opening-week incident? Are you aware of any operational changes actually made in the wake of that?

shernernum

I just don't get the tone of this thread, especially some of the more "angry" responses.

1. The OP is a little full of themselves, sure, but they haven't really suggested anything outlandish or ridiculous.

2. A few people believe the OP's insider cred and are treating it as such. (perhaps a bit overzealous, but all in good fun I would think)

3. A number of people are either posting with or just lurking and reading with a healthy skepticism and a wait and see attitude as to whether the credibility of the OP pans out in the long run, but they are not willing to dismiss the OP out of hand. Letting the evidence bear itself out. (probably the most rational reaction.)

4. A few have resorted to sarcasm, incredulity, and outright nastiness. (not unsurprising, but a bit unwarranted...at least the nasty replies).

While we all take WDW and TWDC seriously or we wouldn't hang around here, we are talking about a theme park resort in the Florida swamps. The only people this is life and death for are those who make their living off of the resort itself. So here are a few things that seemed to stick out after reading.

1. wdwmagic (Steve) never really owed anyone an explanation as to why the thread was locked and why it was unlocked. It's their playground and their rules and I just thank them for providing the forum.

2. While I understand skepticism and disbelief of the OP's information (and the lack of any real "out on a limb" info so far), the bile is unbecoming. If they turn out to be a true insider, great. If they don't, let them have enough rope to hang themselves with. The pettiness, especially coming from a couple of our more trusted posters on here is a little much, and when it has to do with squabbling over credibility, it comes across as territorial and jealous. If the OP is full of $h-t, it will bite them in the behind before long. Aside from that this "ganging up on particular posters" mentality is really starting to be a bit troubling to someone who has lurked around these board for at least a decade and only posts occasionally.

Let the people have their fun, and let's just see where it all lands.

Lirael

Space mountain questions here:
-You said it would close after Tron is done, but will they do it only after the anniversary or close it in 2021-2022?
-Will the refurb include adding IP?

Now SW:
-You said you don't know the pricing for the hotel, but do you know if they still plan for it to be a fixed small stay thing (2-3 days)?
-Is the ride that's left to open in December that much of a game changer for the SW land reception?
Are you able to answer any of these?

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Are you able to answer any of these?
Space mountain questions here:
-You said it would close after Tron is done, but will they do it only after the anniversary or close it in 2021-2022?
After 2022.

-Will the refurb include adding IP?
No.

Now SW:
-You said you don't know the pricing for the hotel, but do you know if they still plan for it to be a fixed small stay thing (2-3 days)?
Yes unfortunately.

-Is the ride that's left to open in December that much of a game changer for the SW land reception?
Absolutely. It's off the charts.

TTA94

Still cut. After the land imploded all ideas were scrapped.

UPDATED LIST
What's replacing Stitch's Great Escape?
A new experience that is NOT a ride, but a show similar to what was before. The possible IP's being viewed are Wreck it Wrallh (almost scrapped by now), and newer ones based on the future. This project hasn't been entertained since early May.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the floating performers? What exactly will that be?
A show that will occur a few times a day.

In the artist renderings for World Celebrate, what's the deal with the Tea Party? What exactly will that be?
Not part of my decision making, not sure.

When is the new Impressions de France movie going to debut?
Part of the 50th.

What exactly will the Mary Poppins attraction be?
An attraction similar to Peter Pan.

What's the debut date of HarmoniUS?
Next spring/summer, no concrete date yet.

When is Spaceship Earth closing for its major refurb?
Late Febuary

What are the new scenes in Star Tours?
Based on Batuu and Episode 9.

When will Space 220 open?
Next spring/summer, most likely May

What's the next big step in transportation? More gondolas or another system (and what will the nature of that system be)?
More Gondolas, but most likely not until 2024 or beyond.

What will the play zones in PLAY! be?
Based on past, present, and future technology and movies.

What's the plan for the Tiki Room? And if any changes, when will they be?
No changes, upgraded technology.

What's the theme of the next "monorail resort"?
Not one on the horizon for many years, budget is going to Grand Floridian's refurb.

When will it break ground? Is it going between GF and MK, or, between Contemporary and TTA?
Most likely 2026. Between MK and GF as the ground isnt stable between Contempo and TTC.

Why was the Main Street Theater cancelled? Where did its budget go to?
General upkeep around MK. It was a flawed idea from the start. I actually was part of the group that had it cancelled.

Is Speedway being rethemed to Tron Racers? And with electric vehicles?
Retheme is a no, electric vehicles is a maybe.

When is CoPs update going to start?
Before the 50th, most likely late next year.

Is the Agent P. mobile game being replaced by Ducktales? If yes, when?
This was made up by fans and hasn't been mentioned to anyone here.

Are both Ratatouille and MMRR both opening Memorial Day weekend? Will one or both be open sooner (when)?
No. MMRR is opening first. Ratatouille is later in the summer.

Which of the DHS will be the first to be refreshed/updated: IJSS, VotLM, BatB, or F!?
VOTLM

Is RoL being changed again? When? What will the new version be like?
Rivers of Light is deemed to be fine as is.

When will Disney buy new monorails?
Quite a few years away, maybe a decade.

What IPs will be in the new Cirque show?
Classic Disney animation, like Tangled, Cinderella, Etc.

Is The Wave going to become a steakhouse? An Incredibles M&G?
Not incredibles but expect an update.

Will the Contemporary get an Incredibles/Mid-Century retheme?
No.

What will be the price tag for the Star Wars Resort event?
Not my dept. so I have no idea.

When will a new PhilharMagic show debut? What songs will be featured?
WDW's film is being upgraded to digital. Not for a few years.

You forgot MSEP returning lol. Unfortunately.

And one of our very good insiders @marni1971 did say recently to expect another retooling of RoL?

Unbanshee

@Disnerd2003 - any chance you'll reach out to other bloggers and give them real info to combat corless? It's fun to talk in a forum, but it's the headlines that actually steer distwitter discussion

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
@Disnerd2003 - any chance you'll reach out to other bloggers and give them real info to combat corless? It's fun to talk in a forum, but it's the headlines that actually steer distwitter discussion
Why do you think the thread is titled so obviously? Maybe Brayden from Mickey Views could use this info. Apparently my co workers say he's really good.

ryguy

How about the water parks, any new rides coming?

After Tron are there any plans to expand the MK, if so where is the most likely expansion pad.

Any changes to the Fast Pass system in the near future?

Lastly, any major changes/additions coming to the Polynesian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom