Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
:brick::brick::brick:
I'm surprised some people aren't still complaining about Horizons and Mr. Toad being closed. I didn't even notice the floor when I looked at the picture.

Oh no... there is still tons of that going around. :dazzle:

Atomicmickey

Like with Pirates, I'm going to try and forget about "what could/should have been", and focus on the positives.
I look forward to riding it in a couple weeks.

Don't want to get off topic, but I'm curious as to 'what could/should have been" with Pirates?

And I'll add that I as well, choose to focus on what IS, and whether
it's done well, rather than what could/should have been. What is there
is looking quite nice, indeed.

EPCOT Explorer

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it'll still be a pig...
True, but this does add to0 the experience. However, more should, could, and I *think* will, be done.

But this is a nice start.
I never said they weren't doing it, I said they were doing it wrong.
Code is fine= Spacey/Tech-ish.

Still don't see a problem.
I tend to agree...

If there is no new re-entry or launch tunnels at LEAST as an improvement to the ride itself... The que won't make up for it, IMHO.

Conversley, if there are new launch and re-entry tunnels... Plus what we're seeing in the que... PLUS THEY KEEP THE STAR TUNNEL MUSIC (Including 3rd tunnel)... It'll score a more than passing grade in my book.

Totally don't understand why they didn't make the lift chains silent. Boggles the mind.
:brick::mad:
Because Mickey likes his money.:(

For some of them it's all about payback for closing a certain club. They want someone fired (or several people) and they will continue to find something negative to say about everything.

I'm impressed with what I see so far. At least on the inside.
What does PI have to do with this?! Sheesh, jay, pulling at straws?

Add yes, fired is good.:slurp:

Atomicmickey

Well, seeing that "every insider" that I've read around here didn't know anything about what was revealed on the Disney Blog today, well, I'll just
wait and see what actually is. Seems like we've had almost no "insider"
information at all 'round these parts.

Knowing "enclosed load area" and "interactive queue" is far different than being able to accurately describe these things. We have had none of that.

So, who knows what else they've done in there? No one here does, it would seem.

We'll all know soon enough. All the 'insiders' will get to ride it, just like everyone else.

nemofinder22

The queue(the part thats been enclosed) defiantly looks lightyears better than the old version which looked like a dimly lit garage. Now it looks like Im in a space station:sohappy:, now I hope the ride looks and feels like Im rideing through space on a rocket, not a roller coaster in a darkroom.

SMRT-1

Oh Bravo, We have an interactive queue that's much better than a new track' On-board musical score and state of the art Special Effects.:dazzle::fork:

you ruined my buzz...thanks! :dazzle:

at this point everyone should be happy for what we got and not what we didn't. Pouting will get you nowhere.

I am personally psyched to see what was done after speculating all this time....and it's pretty dang cool if you ask me!!

Plus, there still might be some surprises :shrug:

_Scar

at this point everyone should be happy for what we got and not what we didn't. Pouting will get you nowhere.

I am personally psyched to see what was done after speculating all this time....and it's pretty dang cool if you ask me!!

There MIGHT be.

Once again, if Disney thinks fans love several month long refurbs with little changes then these kind of refurbs will continue to happen. We could of gotten so much more. It shouldn't hurt to expect the best from Disney. :)

Well, seeing that "every insider" that I've read around here didn't know anything about what was revealed on the Disney Blog today, well, I'll just

Knowing "enclosed load area" and "interactive queue" is far different than being able to accurately describe these things. We have had none of that.

We'll all know soon enough. All the 'insiders' will get to ride it, just like everyone else.

So very true, one of the best posts today!!!

EpcotServo

To all you people getting your teletubbies juice boxes all twisted up over floor complaints, just calm down, sit still, and I'm gonna' explain this too you.

What I was saying is that the floors used to be crummy looking concrete.

In those pictures, I'm seeing the same crummy looking concrete.

Could they fix it? of course. Will they? Not likely. They wouldn't put new handrails in BEFORE flooring.

Did I say it's terrible and it will be terrible forever? No.

All I was saying, is that right now, it looks like the crummy concrete is staying.

See? It was a postacular journey of reading the intent of what I was saying.

whassat? What?

Oh?

You wanted to insert a standard "I'm better than all ya'alls cause I don't criticize these things"?

Well you know, from one who defends everything WDI does, from a guy who loves DCA & Stitch, guess what? I say you criticizing people who are just critizing lack of floor enhancements is much siller than the actual floor criticism.

:lol:

Calm down and accept the Peace, Love, & Pop Culture my brothers and sisters.
:wave:

_Scar

We all knew the queue was going to be enclosed, there were interactive games, and it was going to be much darker.

It was all known before. Not in detail... no. But insiders can't really reveal every single detail. Plus, Disney revealed their cards shortly after the rumors leaked. Nothing had to do with on-ride effects.

I won't be a complete downer and say all hope is lost. But I'm saying it probably is lost. Don't you think Disney's blog would want to show all the major changes including on-ride? I would think so. They hyped the hell out of Ghost Galaxy showing ride scenes.

HMF

With that attitude TDO can just walk all over us, do more half-hearted refurbs and say that people won't care.

magicmaya

The only thing better about disneyland's now is that it has a smoother track, onboard audio and I cant really compare disneyland's to our actual ride because I haven't been on WDW's new one yet, and the exterior. The rest is just over-rated. I bet anaheim's cant compare to paris's. Right, Martin? :wave:

the-reason14

Honestly, people complaining about dirty floors and now a dirty TRACK??? Give me a break people. What does it take to make any of you happy? I mean I know we would have liked to have gotten more out of this refurb, but now just find out what the queue/loading area looks like (which is pretty much amazing) and you guys are complaining about dirty floors/tracks???

I agree. Though the floors could be better I guess. But as far as the tracks being dirty, you cant tell with the lights off so who cares. But people here complained when they though space wasnt getting a refurb, then they complained when it first shut down saying it wasnt gonna be down long enough. So thats just the nature of people. And it is being updated otherwise it wouldnt have closed. Since its the same ride as before, Im content. I wouldnt have mind audio because after riding the DL one it does enhance the ride. However DL's Space mt. needs all the extra stuff it can get because its coaster is boring as hell. But either way, the inside looks amazing and I hope it doesnt stop there. Once again, I cant wait till Jan. :sohappy:

the-reason14

We all knew the queue was going to be enclosed, there were interactive games, and it was going to be much darker.

It was all known before. Not in detail... no. But insiders can't really reveal every single detail. Plus, Disney revealed their cards shortly after the rumors leaked. Nothing had to do with on-ride effects.

I won't be a complete downer and say all hope is lost. But I'm saying it probably is lost. Don't you think Disney's blog would want to show all the major changes including on-ride? I would think so. They hyped the hell out of Ghost Galaxy showing ride scenes.

According to the blog it says more will be added.

Main Street USA

Not sure if your joking or not, but besides that fact, here is a zoomed in image of the floor:

1zoudq8.png

It almost appears to be not finished. We also have no idea when these pictures were taking, but I'm guessing it was recently.
...and clearly that photo also shows coverings still on the railing poles, which means they're still working in the area. Same old story. Job not finished...people up in arms. Geez.

The only thing better about disneyland's now is that it has a smoother track, onboard audio and I cant really compare disneyland's to our actual ride because I haven't been on WDW's new one yet, and the exterior. The rest is just over-rated. I bet anaheim's cant compare to paris's. Right, Martin? :wave:

Paris's space mountain is high and above Disneyland's. Having ridden both Paris has great Theming (love from the earth to the moon), story, queue, and the ride with its audio(i think i remember audio) and visuals (much better than Disneylands.

I am happy with what we have right now this refurb, and with the supposed budget cuts. Its looking good.

Next Big Thing

Great! we see a picture of the new queue and everyone starts complaining. See it for yourself before you start bashing it. :brick:
I believe those 2 posts explain how I feel about the subject.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom