Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

Exprcoofto

...and clearly that photo also shows coverings still on the railing poles, which means they're still working in the area. Same old story. Job not finished...people up in arms. Geez.

Right...... exactly what I was originally trying to say. :brick: My original assumption was that it was dirty because of construction, but a second look showed them still working on it. Nobody is up in arms, unless you're reading a different thread :shrug:

magicmaya

Paris's space mountain is high and above Disneyland's. Having ridden both Paris has great Theming (love from the earth to the moon), story, queue, and the ride with its audio(i think i remember audio) and visuals (much better than Disneylands.

I am happy with what we have right now this refurb, and with the supposed budget cuts. Its looking good.

I actually loved this refurb. They didn't change everything that I loved about the queue and I'm a little disappointed that there's no audio and exterior light show but I'm fine with that. The queue is as beautiful as ever,the ride is darker, and they may have done some work on the launch and re-entry tunnel. I like how this refurb came out so far.

I actually loved this refurb. They didn't change everything that I loved about the queue and I'm a little disappointed that there's no audio and exterior light show but I'm fine with that. The queue is as beautiful as ever,the ride is darker, and they may have done some work on the launch and re-entry tunnel. I like how this refurb came out so far.

The surprise of the interior after hearing "we werent going to like it", is a major plus, extremely happy with that!!!

Main Street USA

To all you people getting your teletubbies juice boxes all twisted up over floor complaints, just calm down, sit still, and I'm gonna' explain this too you.

What I was saying is that the floors used to be crummy looking concrete.

In those pictures, I'm seeing the same crummy looking concrete.

Could they fix it? of course. Will they? Not likely. They wouldn't put new handrails in BEFORE flooring.

Did I say it's terrible and it will be terrible forever? No.

All I was saying, is that right now, it looks like the crummy concrete is staying.

See? It was a postacular journey of reading the intent of what I was saying.

whassat? What?

Oh?

You wanted to insert a standard "I'm better than all ya'alls cause I don't criticize these things"?

Well you know, from one who defends everything WDI does, from a guy who loves DCA & Stitch, guess what? I say you criticizing people who are just critizing lack of floor enhancements is much siller than the actual floor criticism.

:lol:

Calm down and accept the Peace, Love, & Pop Culture my brothers and sisters.
:wave:
People are getting their "juice boxes all twisted up" because you don't know what you're talking about. You're a perfect example of the people who complain before the job is complete.

After reading this thread it makes me glad that I only get to come to the world every 4 years or so, It seems if you go there alot it loses it's magic and all you do is complain about everything. I went in September space mountain was closed, I would have been excited to ride pre furb space mountain even with its dirty floor, tunnel without games. I guess what I'm saying is you shouldn't take it for granted all because YOU don't like it doesn't mean other people wouldnt be ecstatic.

EpcotServo

Nobody is up in arms, unless you're reading a different thread :shrug:

Exactly.

Commander Bright, would you tell Amuro to calm down over justifiable comments towards the flooring?

picture.php

Thanks Commander.

Main Street USA

Exactly.

Commander Bright, would you tell Amuro to calm down over justifiable comments towards the flooring?

picture.php

Thanks Commander.
You're unjustified. Know what you're looking at, then comment. Otherwise, zip it. *smacks you back* ;)

The only thing that keeps me from being calm is my excitement over this sweet refurb!

Exprcoofto

I really can't wait to ride SM in 11 days. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the queue is and what the postshow/unload area looks like. The unload area original was very bland, I wonder if they changed anything? :shrug:

Main Street USA

Yeah, the wall to wall carpeting, and I mean that literally...the carpeting ON the wall, was just a hair outdated. With them plussing the exit scenes and the queue, I can imagine they did something to this area, as well.

TURKEY

...and clearly that photo also shows coverings still on the railing poles, which means they're still working in the area. Same old story. Job not finished...people up in arms. Geez.

Says the person who has a letter written about Lights of Winter when it hasn't been confirmed that if they are or aren't being installed this year. :rolleyes:

EpcotServo

You're unjustified. Know what you're looking at, then comment. Otherwise, zip it.

Don't even think about it Zippy.

Why don't you look back at what I said? Did I say they might add flooring? No. What I was said was absolute fact:

"THE CRUMMY FLOOR IS STILL THERE. STILL CRUMMY. TO ALL APPEARANCES, IT WILL REMAIN THE SAME."

And to all appearances, it will remain the same. It might not, but right know it's a 50/50 chance. I lean the other way, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING AT. ALL new handrails come wrapped like that. They keep em' like that so they won't get scuffed before the thing opens. Does it mean they won't add new flooring? No. Does it mean they will? Also no.

I've been in unfinshed queue's for pete's sake, this isn't alien to me.

Another reason is because of how dark the floor looks like in the Work Lights picture. It looks well enough to leave alone with the bright lights on, so I'd bet they will.

I wasn't causing an insurrection or even complaining. Just saying that as of that picture the same awful floor was still there. Unless it's changed, it will be awful.

Heck, I said it looked nice...Looked better than I thought it would.

I defend everything Disney does, even the crummy stuff, but heaven forbid I be the first to point out a valid criticism nonchalantly.

Consider Shark: Jumped, Space Mountain Thread.

Main Street USA

Says the person who has a letter written about Lights of Winter when it hasn't been confirmed that if they are or aren't being installed this year. :rolleyes:
Yeah, THAT'S the same thing!

Wow, and if you read the letter, it's not solely about LoW, is it...I'll answer for you...no, it isn't. Comprende? Good.

Also, you may want to pay more attention to the news. LoW isn't coming back this year. Confirmed, genius.

jt04

Me! I want several people fired. No doubt about that at all.:wave:

Me, too.
The queue and load areas look great, as expected.
Now....the ride itself....that remains to be seen.:shrug:
Will it be good? Likely.
Will it be as good as it could have been? Nope.
Will I take what I can get at this point? Yep.
Like with Pirates, I'm going to try and forget about "what could/should have been", and focus on the positives.
I look forward to riding it in a couple weeks.

I'm betting the interactive portion is going to be great. It appears they have people facing the screens while the fastpassers walk behind them "unseen". That is pretty smart. But yeah, the ride itself....:veryconfu

Anyway, this looks pretty good so far and adding in the MK FL expansion with the excellent makeover of Liberty Square and the trend lines for the MK are encouraging.

Main Street USA

Don't even think about it Zippy.

Why don't you look back at what I said? Did I say they might add flooring? No. What I was said was absolute fact:

"THE CRUMMY FLOOR IS STILL THERE. STILL CRUMMY. TO ALL APPEARANCES, IT WILL REMAIN THE SAME."

And to all appearances, it will remain the same. It might not, but right know it's a 50/50 chance. I lean the other way, BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING AT. ALL new handrails come wrapped like that. They keep em' like that so they won't get scuffed before the thing opens. Does it mean they won't add new flooring? No. Does it mean they will? Also no.

I've been in unfinshed queue's for pete's sake, this isn't alien to me.

Another reason is because of how dark the floor looks like in the Work Lights picture. It looks well enough to leave alone with the bright lights on, so I'd bet they will.

I wasn't causing an insurrection or even complaining. Just saying that as of that picture the same awful floor was still there. Unless it's changed, it will be awful.

Heck, I said it looked nice...Looked better than I thought it would.

I defend everything Disney does, even the crummy stuff, but heaven forbid I be the first to point out a valid criticism nonchalantly.

Consider Shark: Jumped, Space Mountain Thread.
Oh, now it's a 50/50 chance. Ha, how quickly things change. Seriously, I couldn't care less what your opinion of the floor is, nor should you care about mine or anyone else's. My initial response about it wasn't a direct shot at you, or anyone else. It was a general response to the bitchiness of half of the people on here.

The queue looks really nice from what the pic shows. Sweet design. The crap on the floor shouldn't even be an issue that is discussed by a normal person. Granted, I've been around long enough to know most of the people here are FAR from normal. To summarize, what the hell am I talking about?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom