Inside WDW new space mountain 11/10/09

EpcotServo

Oh, now it's a 50/50 chance. Ha, how quickly things change.

Zippy...Come here will ya'? Let's take a look at this.

Really? Do I have to be the first one to say it?

Floors. The Floors are still awful concrete.

I know our nice decorative floors we've been installing in newer attractions get scuffed, but it's worth it. The drab grey Concrete just ain't workin'.

Sigh.

Anyways, the Load area does look a thousand times better, though it's still 95% the same. I would've preferred better details, but I had assumed from the beginning they'd have no real wealth of shininess as per Disneyland, and would instead substitute a new pepper's ghost space box that involves projections.

Basicly, what I'm saying is like it, but I was shooting for "Excellent" not "Competent".
:lol:

:dazzle:

Great Team + No Money = They just can't swing for the fences on this one.

Well, like I said, it looks better...Disneyland, I'm sending you the trophy. It should be there by next monday.
:eek: :dazzle: :lol:

(Oh, and no, not all the Star Windows will be gone, they won't place games on the Fastpass side. You can kinda' see em' in the photo actually.)

That was my first post.

I SAID NOTHING FOR THREE PAGES.

Until...

Concrete floors are actually better in this situation. With all of the poles in the queue it's much easier to clean concrete than it is any other type of floor. Plus it's more durable and wears were slow.

To which I replied...

And, it has the amazing power of looking like a space ghetto.

Seriously, the floors were awful. Why is it that it looked like a worse Parking Garage than Rock N Roller Coaster, which is themed to the hilt as a Parking Garage?
:lookaroun :lol:

Note, in both posts I was talking about the floors in Past Tense. Both posts are written in the attitude of "I hope they change that."

THAT WAS IT. I was quite done.

After a quick jokeum:

I got an easy way to fix it, just look at the rest of the theming, just whatever you do, dont look down;)

I looked at the Floor Ray!

Boom! This comes along!

The floor looks dirty? Are you people serious? You guys are unbelievable.

It looks amazing, as expected. Some of you will never learn.

Ignoring the fact that I never called the floors dirty, and generally applauded the new Load area, where does YOUR post come from?

Two posts that very candidly mention how bad the floors were-And how they are still there in the pictures, is hardly the most "unbelievable" thing in this thread.

I swear, if Monsters were due on this Maple Street, we'd all be screwed.

EDIT: I'm requoting the finished post, I like it better. No hard feelings. :wave:

Oh, now it's a 50/50 chance. Ha, how quickly things change. Seriously, I couldn't care less what your opinion of the floor is, nor should you care about mine or anyone else's. My initial response about it wasn't a direct shot at you, or anyone else. It was a general response to the bitchiness of half of the people on here.

The queue looks really nice from what the pic shows. Sweet design. The crap on the floor shouldn't even be an issue that is discussed by a normal person. Granted, I've been around long enough to know most of the people here are FAR from normal. To summarize, what the hell am I talking about?

TURKEY

Yeah, THAT'S the same thing!

Wow, and if you read the letter, it's not solely about LoW, is it...I'll answer for you...no, it isn't. Comprende? Good.

Also, you may want to pay more attention to the news. LoW isn't coming back this year. Confirmed, genius.

Comprende. Sure do.

What prompted you to write the letter?

Answer: The rumored loss of LoW. When you posted your letter, the loss of LoW wasn't confirmed.

While it did turn out to be true, you were still jumping to conclusions, much like many other people are about the SM rehab.

EpcotServo

I got an easy way to fix it, just look at the rest of the theming, just whatever you do, dont look down;)

I honestly hope we get some sort of new hover floor where we dont have to walk on the nasty floors...Its a joke

I will admit, I hurt my knee falling on that floor.

I may be biased to see that crummy concrete die a slow and painful reflooring death because of that injury.

TURKEY

The queue seems nice - but I never really paid much attention to it previously. I always used FP or went when the queue was 10-15 minutes and didn't have to wait.

I'm sure I'll be using FP for this in 2 weeks considering it will be Thanksgiving and all the people that will be wanting to ride.

I've never riden Soarin without a FP or a extremely short queue so I don't know how the games work. I don't really see the point for them either.

Main Street USA

Comprende. Sure do.

What prompted you to write the letter?

Answer: The rumored loss of LoW. When you posted your letter, the loss of LoW wasn't confirmed.

While it did turn out to be true, you were still jumping to conclusions, much like many other people are about the SM rehab.
Uh huh, and did I send the letter? Ah, there, see? You have NO idea. Yet you assume. We all know what assuming does, and it's not good. ;)

My letter is right here next to me on the table. Unsent, but going tomorrow, now that the news is what?........confirmed. Yes.

The original news, while unconfirmed, was from Steve's sources. In my nearly 9 years on these boards I've yet to see Steve post anything but accurate information. What he posted was practically a confirmation, and that didn't even include the 'other reasons' he wasn't allowed to post. THIS is what prompted the letter, and it was 100% warranted bas on the actual information at hand.

Simple logic...yet somehow not so simple on these boards.

The queue seems nice - but I never really paid much attention to it previously. I always used FP or went when the queue was 10-15 minutes and didn't have to wait.

It needed this refurb desperately. The queue seemed like it hadnt been fixed since FEDEX took it over, not sure the date but effects were broken. I couldnt help but get mad when I saw the TVs on the queue (on line by the warning signs) There was always one or two out, kind of sad. Happy to see this finally done.

Main Street USA

I'm sure I'll be using FP for this in 2 weeks considering it will be Thanksgiving and all the people that will be wanting to ride.

I've never riden Soarin without a FP or a extremely short queue so I don't know how the games work. I don't really see the point for them either.
Gotta agree with you on the queue games. I don't see the point. I think the amazing themes in virtually all WDW queues is enough. Although I stand in queues these days and see all the kids playing games on their phones and Nintendo DSs. It's a shame kids, and some adults, need constant stimulation to ward off a nervous breakdown form boredom.

Expo_Seeker40

Completely agree Innoventions. Dim lights, burnt bulbs, broken speakers...TV's that weren't either working, or had some extreme color shifting, and a whole bunch of FedEx references. Though the refurb didn't include onboard audio (honestly, doesn't bother me) and new exterior lighting, something HAD to be done, and we got a refreshened and enhanced queue, load area, refurbished lifthill, and digital projectors, repainted arcade, repainted entrance building, resculpted plaza, etc.

Only things that disappoint me so far is that the lifthill is still noisy because the budget had no $ to go making it quieter, and the mountain's exterior has still not been cleaned or repainted.

jt04

Or demand we get the same treatment other parks get rather than getting a crappy Space refurb. :shrug:

We have 4 parks. They are the ones who should be demanding the same treatment.

And this thing is great so far. You obviously already had your closed mind made up.

_Scar

We have 4 parks. They are the ones who should be demanding the same treatment.

And this thing is great so far. You obviously already had your closed mind made up.

Alright Jt...

We're missing out on

A brand new rebuilt Space
On Board Audio
LED lighting on the exterior

3 huge things and without considering a surprise effect we may have missed.

WDWFigment

Zippy...Come here will ya'? Let's take a look at this.

That was my first post.

I SAID NOTHING FOR THREE PAGES.

Until...

To which I replied...

Note, in both posts I was talking about the floors in Past Tense. Both posts are written in the attitude of "I hope they change that."

THAT WAS IT. I was quite done.

After a quick jokeum:

Boom! This comes along!

Ignoring the fact that I never called the floors dirty, and generally applauded the new Load area, where does YOUR post come from?

Two posts that very candidly mention how bad the floors were-And how they are still there in the pictures, is hardly the most "unbelievable" thing in this thread.

I swear, if Monsters were due on this Maple Street, we'd all be screwed.

EDIT: I'm requoting the finished post, I like it better. No hard feelings. :wave:

I don't care about the other stuff, but I've got to give you props on the allusion to one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes. Howling Man is number one, if you were (for some reason) curious.

jt04

Alright Jt...

We're missing out on

A brand new rebuilt Space
On Board Audio
LED lighting on the exterior

3 huge things and without considering a surprise effect we may have missed.

The exterior lighting can be added later and probably will.

Rumor has it the tracks were upgraded to be able to support on board audio which also can be added later.

We kept a classic. And we know what happens when the gut an attraction. It's almost never as good as the original.

So, we will see. The stuff they didn't do can be done later. Very strategic and apparently the limited funds were well spent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom