Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

DoleWhipDrea

Thank god for Marni! I hope Disney makes the right choice. I wish Iger would give Chapek the boot and make Tony Baxter in charge of the parks especially EPCOT.

I wish only Imagineers could work their way up to run WDI. Moving executives and managers from completely different departments at Disney was a tradition that was set forth by Michael Eisner, and unfortunately it’s stuck. It’s why every change at the parks since then have been implemented to sell merchandise. That’s the thought process that we have to appeal to :/

But this is why Figment has a good opportunity of sticking around. His merchandise out-sells other characters in EPCOT (so much so that it took Disney a month to get the sleeping Figment plushies re-stocked) and while Dreamfinder is hardly ever found on any merchandise, when he is, those items go pretty quickly, too. Keep buying the merch, folks...those are numbers the current leadership can understand quite clearly. And write to leadership directly. That’s not data that can be misconstrued.

lazyboy97o

I wish only Imagineers could work their way up to run WDI. Moving executives and managers from completely different departments at Disney was a tradition that was set forth by Michael Eisner, and unfortunately it’s stuck. It’s why every change at the parks since then have been implemented to sell merchandise. That’s the thought process that we have to appeal to :/

But this is why Figment has a good opportunity of sticking around. His merchandise out-sells other characters in EPCOT (so much so that it took Disney a month to get the sleeping Figment plushies re-stocked) and while Dreamfinder is hardly ever found on any merchandise, when he is, those items go pretty quickly, too. Keep buying the merch, folks...those are numbers the current leadership can understand quite clearly. And write to leadership directly. That’s not data that can be misconstrued.
The head of Walt Disney Imagineering is Bob Weis, who was the creative lead for the Disney-MGM Studios, its 1994 expansion, Disney’s America, the Disney’s California Adventure rebuild and Shanghai Disneyland. He ran his own architecture firm between for a while before coming back to do Disney’s California Adventure but his history is in the parks. Walt Disney Imagineering has never been in charge of the parks.

Homemade Imagineering

The head of Walt Disney Imagineering is Bob Weis, who was the creative lead for the Disney-MGM Studios, its 1994 expansion, Disney’s America, the Disney’s California Adventure rebuild and Shanghai Disneyland. He ran his own architecture firm between for a while before coming back to do Disney’s California Adventure but his history is in the parks. Walt Disney Imagineering has never been in charge of the parks.
Speaking of weis, he was one of the guys I sent a letter to regarding bringing back the original imagination!!!

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

Most specifically I meant the Chairman position.

Homemade Imagineering

Something that kind of bugs me, is the fact that almost every figment animatronic from the original imagination attraction has survived, and they’re all in very good hands, and yet there is no trace of any Dreamfinder animatronics anywhere.😕

FigmentJedi

Something that kind of bugs me, is the fact that almost every figment animatronic from the original imagination attraction has survived, and they’re all in very good hands, and yet there is no trace of any Dreamfinder animatronics anywhere.😕
As a human animatronic, Dreamfinder's a lot easier to recycle/repurpose for other roles.

Homemade Imagineering

Disney knows what we fans want for imagination, and they know what new guests want, and I’m sure Disney will be careful with this one to please both new guests and us fans. Hopefully this includes Dreamfinder, but we will just have to wait and see what they come up with. I’m sure they don’t want another Journey Into Your Imagination situation on their hands again...

Figments Friend

So.....

How many of you are coming to see the final showing of 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth' in a week and a half and are going to take some time out of your day to stop by Guest Services at Epcot and tell them you want a better Imagination Pavilion Attraction...?

Might be worth doing,

Let em' hear it !

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom