Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm not going to read too much into it but...who knows what they have planned for Epcot or even DL...

Gee whiz is that all we have to do? Okay let's try it out then...

Pweeese bwing back Dweamfindur and Um...Figment...
tenor.gif

Come on everyone JOIN IN!!!😂

MickeyMouse10

I did not like the movie "Inside Out",... But... but anything is an improvement over the current version of Figment. They stripped Figment (the ride) naked and threw Dreamfinder on the streets.

The IO characters are very marketable too. You can have shelf after shelf of just the colorful emotion characters. And another section for just the secondary characters like Bing Bong and the Rainbow Unicorn.

MaximumEd

The amount of work necessary to make the current figment ride a fan favorite again is so small I can’t believe it hasn’t been done yet.

Just change the audio and video and bring back dreamfinder. Sure there is more they could do with a budget, but even the bare minimum would be a huge improvement

Oh, I’m sure WDI has a stack of plans generated over the years that would make original fans happy. I’m betting that’s not the problem. All the decisions that have been made at Epcot over the last many years points to upper management not understanding or caring what Epcot was and is. They just don’t know what to do with the park. They don’t get it.

MickeyMouse10

Guys we aren't getting World of Motions, Horizons or the old Figment back. I'm amazed that the latter hasn't been replaced completely.

They probably just have to agree on an IP and we can kiss Figment's purple furry bottom goodbye. Then he can go drinking with Dreamfinder, Buzzy and the three headed troll from Maelstrom and talk about the glory days.

Haymarket2008

Guys we aren't getting World of Motions, Horizons or the old Figment back. I'm amazed that the latter hasn't been replaced completely.

They probably just have to agree on an IP and we can kiss Figment's purple furry bottom goodbye. Then he can go drinking with Dreamfinder, Buzzy and the three headed troll from Maelstrom and talk about the glory days.

Motion, Horizons are dead, unfortunately. But the odds of us getting old Figment back are definitely far from low. It’s been a legit proposal multiple times in the last 10 years.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t know how horizons would have aged... at some point it would have become pretty laughable. Sadly, that’s not where the future is headed.

World of Motion is a real shame, as it told the history of transportation (like spaceship earth). It should have never been replaced in my opinion, but rather test track could have been built around it.

Figment has survived so far, I’m guessing the play pavilion was a bullet that figment dodged... so I feel there is some hope. But we will see.

MickeyMouse10

Motion, Horizons are dead, unfortunately. But the odds of us getting old Figment back are definitely far from low. It’s been a legit proposal multiple times in the last 10 years.

You had me at "But". Atighe42 You had me at your "But".

The only problem is when it's brought up in board meetings Iger will yell "SHOW ME THE MONEY. SHOW ME THE MONEY DEBBIE."

cheezbat

I'm not going to read too much into it but...who knows what they have planned for Epcot or even DL...

Clearly they’re just throwing stuff out there to appease fans...
And while cute, Imagination belongs in Epcot. Disneyland is already so packed with amazing attractions, let us have some unique things over here that we don’t have to share.

MickeyMouse10

If Pete Doctor really wanted to save Figment, he would figure out how to do a Dreamfinder-Figment movie or D+ show that would raise their profile.

That sounds good, but hopefully they'd make it a cartoon for everyone. And not just a toon for kids who need Ritalin like Teen Titans Go or the Lego Movie.

Kman101

Oh, I’m sure WDI has a stack of plans generated over the years that would make original fans happy. I’m betting that’s not the problem. All the decisions that have been made at Epcot over the last many years points to upper management not understanding or caring what Epcot was and is. They just don’t know what to do with the park. They don’t get it.

And Steve (wdwmagic) all but said the only way things get done is by having it tied to IP.

Sad thing is, Figment IS an IP ;)

And I wouldn't mind an Inside Out attraction. Just not at the expense of Figment. Inside Out was an "emotional" journey. It wasn't about "imagination" ... not sure why folks think a movie about emotions and an emotional journey is the same as a spark of imagination ... Cranium Command was somewhat the inspiration, not Figment and Dreamfinder ... but I can understand how some lump it all together

DreamfinderGuy

It wasn't about "imagination" ... not sure why folks think a movie about emotions and an emotional journey is the same as a spark of imagination ... Cranium Command was somewhat the inspiration, not Figment and Dreamfinder ... but I can understand how some lump it all together
It doesn’t matter beans to Chapek. He’ll throw whatever into anywhere. Think they preserved the theme of Energy for Guardians? I wouldn’t be surprised at a god damn wreck it ralph ride in here, let alone Inside Out which at least vaguely ties into Imagination.

Kman101

It doesn’t matter beans to Chapek. He’ll throw whatever into anywhere. Think they preserved the theme of Energy for Guardians? I wouldn’t be surprised at a god damn wreck it ralph ride in here, let alone Inside Out which at least vaguely ties into Imagination.

Oh I know.

But he seems to want to ignore Figment is an IP and one who sells merchandise. Something important to him.

I don't really see Inside Out moving much merch ...

MickeyMouse10

Let's not be sentimental about Figment, it's time to let go of that sinking ship. Sure he may sell some merch here and there, but many people in the world have never even heard of him.

I'm alright with IP's if it fits with the land and pavilions and "Inside Out" fits. It is way more relevant than Figment is nowadays. Disney just made a new ride, eateries and merch for it in DCA.

Besides Figment jumped the shark over a decade ago. It's time to let his little spark go out permanently.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Let's not be sentimental about Figment, it's time to let go of that sinking ship. Sure he may sell some merch here and there, but many people in the world have never even heard of him.

I'm alright with IP's if it fits with the land and pavilions and "Inside Out" fits. It is way more relevant than Figment is nowadays. Disney just made a new ride, eateries and merch for it in DCA.

Besides Figment jumped the shark over a decade ago. It's time to let his little spark go out permanently.
I’ll go ahead and disagree wholeheartedly ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom