Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How long are we talking? And what would those changes include?
Considering that the long term plans for Epcot seem to change on a nearly hourly basis, I wouldn't expect @marni1971 to be able to give any kind of clear answer anytime soon even if he was allowed to give a clear answer. Best bet would be to ask again in 5 years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

rle4lunch

LOL, it's so sad that we have to talk about new attractions being introduced in 5-10 years. I don't know which is worse, the perpetual highway roadwork that never seems to be finished, or the perpetual construction work that Disney seems to never finish. And when they do finally finish, we're usually scratching our heads saying 'and this took HOW LONG to construct?' (this goes for both roadwork and Disney)

brb1006

Oh boy.

Wait... Could two certain characters I love be part of these new Character Spots since they're proving to be very popular in MK? :3
BusterFacePalm.gif

MKeeler

I know Jim Hill is someone to be taken with a lot of salt, but I'm hoping his sources are correct in this one and maybe our insiders here can confirm.

In the most recent Fine Tooning podcast, he indicates that the Inside Out redo of Imagination was pitched for Pete Docter and he responded that it was the Figment ride. Supposedly he is the one responsible for the survey regarding how well Figment is known. Docter was insisting he wanted a Figment ride and maybe an Inside Out movie in the theater.

Too good to be true?

Surferboy567

I know Jim Hill is someone to be taken with a lot of salt, but I'm hoping his sources are correct in this one and maybe our insiders here can confirm.

In the most recent Fine Tooning podcast, he indicates that the Inside Out redo of Imagination was pitched for Pete Docter and he responded that it was the Figment ride. Supposedly he is the one responsible for the survey regarding how well Figment is known. Docter was insisting he wanted a Figment ride and maybe an Inside Out movie in the theater.

Too good to be true?

You beat me to the punch for posting this. Either way as long as Figment is in and it's better then what we have right now (isn't hard to do) I'm good with anything they do.

britain

Too good to be true?

Let's hope he's nostalgic for the original ride, and not the current one.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Armchair: I'd prefer Inside Out be a part of the Play Pavilion with the main attraction being a jungle gym/obstacle course/foam ball pit arena where kids play, launch and sort "core memory" balls. Toss in an obligatory Meet and Greet with the Emotions and a C-ticket Turtle Talk-like experience and you're golden!

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

Whitewashing history wouldn't've been done by Disney, I don't think, if it weren't for the fact that the pirates became the good guys.

The PotC movie made every young swashbuckler wish to be Captain jack sparrow, and now they had a problem on their hands: these kids go on this ride to hear about pirates and what it means to be a pirate, and these characters which were originally depicted as the villains, the drunks, the terrible folks doing terrible things - they're now the role models the kid is dressing up as.

That's not a great message to send - regardless of your stance of the impact of that on children. Even if kids never blinked at it and were just like "I'm a pirate, yo ho, pirates historically were terrible people but I love dressing up as them now because our modern, fantasized versions of pirates are so disconnected from the monsters they were historically," it's still not a great PR thing for the Disney company.

They were a victim of their own success.
I dressed up as a pirate in the 70s, so I don’t know how new this is.

However, I am currently a pirate off the coast of Somalia, so maybe you do have a point.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom