Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Kman101

OK...

Cranium Command was NOT about emotions. It was actually about the body reacting to stress and how the brain works to keep things in functioning order so that the person can get through the day.

Also, Figment is not dead at Disney...
I wish I could give out more info, but I don't have it yet. Just know that there's hope for the future.

And while agreed CC was not about emotions, you're description of CC just basically described Inside Out. CC inspired Inside Out. They're not quite the same but at the same time very similar. I'm disappointed they don't see it as a natural fit for Wonders of Life. Oh well.

Good to know Figment seems to be on their radar. Maybe the money allocated to it over the years for a refurb going elsewhere was a good thing. Gives Inside Out more time to lose favor as a replacement. One would hope. I don't mind Inside Out but if it goes into Imagination it's another shoe-horn, though not the biggest stretch, but Figment needs to stay and be re-imagined.

Thanks for sharing what you can.

DanielBB8

I certainly don’t agree. Inside Out was about *emotions* and the struggles of depression and growing up. The film had absolutely nothing to do with imagination or creating new things. Yes, there was the scene with Imagination Land and of course, Bing Bong. But that was supposed to represent the struggle of moving on from childhood and growing up. Imagination Land is falling apart, abandoned, and being torn down. Not to mention, Bing Bong ultimately is forgotten and fades away into the dump. So no, it doesn’t fit with the theme. If anything, it fits better in the Wonders of Life pavilion where Cranium Command once was.
Cranium Command is no longer appropriate for Wonder of Life pavilion since both no longer exist. They are a mere shell as is the current Imagination ride. They are distantly related. Wonders of Life will be repurposed to Space or Superheroes. Imagination will find a place in my memories.

pdude81

I'd like to think they would try a Figment and Dreamfinder meet and greet somewhere to gauge whether or not there is enough draw for a brand new Imagination ride.

Kman101

There’s no reason WoL needs to be the health pavilion anymore. In fact, I’d rather see an IP-free new pavilion concept than see Inside Out. But I guess that’s not all too likely.

No it definitely doesn't. But in the current IP mandated Disney Parks world, BH6 and Inside Out gave them IPs that could easily make it that again. I'm definitely curious to see what they choose to do with the WOL pavilion (and, to be fair, both could go elsewhere and still represent the same thing, just not in a singular pavilion). I agree the pavilions don't necessarily have to be what they once represented though. It's nice if they can tie it in though. I'm open for different. But we know they'll probably go with an IP.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

And while agreed CC was not about emotions, you're description of CC just basically described Inside Out. CC inspired Inside Out. They're not quite the same but at the same time very similar. I'm disappointed they don't see it as a natural fit for Wonders of Life. Oh well.

Good to know Figment seems to be on their radar. Maybe the money allocated to it over the years for a refurb going elsewhere was a good thing. Gives Inside Out more time to lose favor as a replacement. One would hope. I don't mind Inside Out but if it goes into Imagination it's another shoe-horn, though not the biggest stretch, but Figment needs to stay and be re-imagined.

Thanks for sharing what you can.
I'll respectfully disagree with you in that my description of CC is Inside Out. IO for me was about a person's inner feelings realizing they could also have other emotions at the same time (ie, Happiness can also be sad, etc.) But I also can't deny my feelings that I thought that film was not that great.

Figment is indeed on their radar.

Kman101

I'll disagree with you in that CC is Inside Out. IO for me was about a person's inner feelings realizing they could also have other emotions at the same time (ie, Happiness can also be sad, etc.) But I also can't deny my feelings that I thought that film was not that great.

Figment is indeed on their radar.

Glad to hear it about Figment.

Not saying they're exactly the same but the Inside Out concept could have worked in the Cranium Command theater and offer a similar experience. They're loosely connected more than I/O would be to Imagination but I guess none of it matters they're not going to do any of this, lol.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Okay, suggesting Inside Out works in the Wonders of Life pavilion makes no sense since both the Pavilion and Cranium Command no longer exists.
Actually, it makes perfect sense to suggest that Inside Out would have been a suitable replacement for Cranium Command. It's not going to happen though as both WOL and CC are closed. But that doesn't mean the principle of replacement "doesn't make sense".

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Glad to hear it about Figment.

Not saying they're exactly the same but the Inside Out concept could have worked in the Cranium Command theater and offer a similar experience. They're loosely connected more than I/O would be to Imagination but I guess none of it matters they're not going to do any of this, lol.
I agree with that. As much as I would have prefer them to update CC, IO would belong there much better than in Imagination.

Kman101

Actually, it makes perfect sense to suggest that Inside Out would have been a suitable replacement for Cranium Command. It's not going to happen though as both WOL and CC are closed. But that doesn't mean the principle of replacement "doesn't make sense".

Yeah, really all I'm trying to say. I've harped on it a lot but I/O and BH6 just made perfect sense to me as IPs Epcot could use in the current IP mandated world. Clearly they have different plans. lol

DanielBB8

It doesn’t make sense as an argument that Inside Out cannot replace Imagination. The argument is moot. Imagination is a zombie attraction. It exists as mere filler and no one likes it. It’s about as dead as an actual dead attraction like Cranium Command.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It doesn’t make sense as an argument that Inside Out cannot replace Imagination. The argument is moot. Imagination is a zombie attraction. It exists as mere filler and no one likes it. It’s about as dead as an actual dead attraction like Cranium Command.
Hyperbole much?

giphy.gif

Kman101

What could realistically go in the Body Wars area? How big is it really? Dark ride big? Long queue/pre-shows big? I assume if nothing goes in the CC theater they gut it. I know this isn't the WOL thread but still, very curious to see what they eventually do in there.

pdude81

What could realistically go in the Body Wars area? How big is it really? Dark ride big? Long queue/pre-shows big? I assume if nothing goes in the CC theater they gut it. I know this isn't the WOL thread but still, very curious to see what they eventually do in there.
I believe Body Wars is that large attached building in the back of WoL. There is so much space in WoL that they could have a long queue out there somewhere but who knows what they would choose to do. I'd say that building is at least as big as the space used by Gran Fiesta Tour, but not sure it would be as big as Ratatouille ends up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom