Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

FigmentJedi

I don’t think they care at all about continuity with the Marvel comics. But it is more along the lines of “the pavilion was designed specifically around the ideas of imagination, so why change it?”
The comics were created for the specific purpose of allowing Imagineering to re-pitch the Dreamfinder and Figment overhaul of the attraction they've been craving to do for years and that last big Imagination refurb rumor that got shelved in favor of doing Frozen Ever After was apparently tied to the comics or at least intended to serve as a character re-introduction.

Disney Kingdoms started off with Museum of the Weird for the same purpose: To function as a proof of concept for how a modernized take on the Museum of the Weird could work.

geekza

Trying to figure out the cryptic hints is like trying to understand the Tamrian language in Star Trek next generation...."Figment, went the pyramid fell" "Dreamfinder, his arms wide" :confused:
Dreamfinder and Figment at Orlando. Dreamfinder, his arm up Figment's nether region. Journey into Your Imagination, when the stink faded.

You've opened up a huge can of Romulan Ale. I'd better stop now before I go on forever with this joke that only Star Trek nerds will get.

geekza

Ratatouille would be an E ticket since few attractions in Epcot are that sophisticated. It’s about time.
I don't think it's an E ticket (though any opinion on that would be just that, given that ticketed rides no longer exist) simply because, like @voodoo321 said, it's just a shuttle from video screen to video screen with a few oversized props. That's not really sophisticated. The only thing that is really high-tech is the trackless ride system, but Universe of Energy had an early version of that in 1983 and MK has had that in Pooh for years (I was mistaken. See below.). Will it be successful? Of course. People love Ratatouille and it swallows a lot of people at once, making it something that, in theory, shouldn't have crazy waits. It will be fine. It's not a classic for the ages, but won't be a load of mouse poo, either. Definite C-ticket, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Nickels5

I don't think it's an E ticket (though any opinion on that would be just that, given that ticketed rides no longer exist) simply because, like @voodoo321 said, it's just a shuttle from video screen to video screen with a few oversized props. That's not really sophisticated. The only thing that is really high-tech is the trackless ride system, but Universe of Energy had an early version of that in 1983 and MK has had that in Pooh for years. Will it be successful? Of course. People love Ratatouille and it swallows a lot of people at once, making it something that, in theory, shouldn't have crazy waits. It will be fine. It's not a classic for the ages, but won't be a load of mouse poo, either. Definite C-ticket, in my opinion.
Pooh at magic kingdom isn’t trackless. I believe this will be the first of the trackless rides at wdw.

geekza

Pooh at magic kingdom isn’t trackless. I believe this will be the first of the trackless rides at wdw.
You are correct. For some reason, I thought it was, but that was only in the Tokyo version. ToT is virtually trackless, but only goes straight ahead (Boy, I'm 0:2 this morning. Need more coffee.). UoE was trackless, though, unless you consider a wire a track. It wasn't really visible to the guests, at least.

disney1023

Figment is allowed to move away from just the glass pyramids ;)
If he stays in Epcot, then the only logical options to move to would be WoL or Spaceship Earth (please no). However, if he's aloud to park hop, then Tomorrowland could be possible. I have no idea though.

pdude81

I took that wording to mean "in addition to". Perhaps a character meet somewhere, or they could still give him a 3d movie while deciding whether to redo his ride or put something else in Imagination.

brb1006

I am a recovering EPCOT Center fan, so to my wife's dismay, I come out of the Imagination bathroom in total relapse mode, buzzing with excitement and chatting it up about how cool Magic Journeys was at the time. My wife thinks I had too many beers.
Show your wife any of Martin's Journey Into Imagination Tribute videos to have her understand and buy the Figment Graphic Novels.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom