Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

brb1006

Hallelujah! I love Inside Out and hate the Imagination ride, possibly the worst and most barren ride in the entire park. Whatever replaces it will be MUCH better (yes I rode the original...that was awful too).

t3wULNz.gif
I was never this close to adding you to ignore until now.

brb1006

Well, Inside Out was far more imaginative than the concept of "imagination" as presented on the ride, a vague and ambiguous bunch of nothing sung about by a horribly designed and irritating purple dragon.
Hey Figment was not horrible in the original and what about Dreamfinder? I swear if you talk negative about him!

Last edited:

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Yep. Only a matter of time now. Possibly as early as September?! :confused: I just hope the rumored idea for Figment is still on the table. "Imagination!" is getting the boot thankfully management is aware of the need to bring back Dreamfinder. And if that inside info is accurate, we should see The Dreamfinder return sooner rather than later; in a new location.

Update: @marni1971's saying it's still 3+ years out. Have you heard anything regarding the 4D theater revival?

Last edited:

brb1006

The lead director and writer of the movie was one of the imagineers who created Cranium Command, and that attraction was effectively Inside Out's inspiration. If they MUST shoehorn IP into Epcot then go plop Inside Out there. Or you know, don't, and stop linking everything to a movie. Yeah I know, ridiculous idea.

Dreamfinder is still waiting for his return. Get Tony Baxter involved (LMAO) and get him to work his magic once again. I would actually be perfectly satisfied with a return of the original ride. The current ride occupying the space is trash, as is the personality they gave Figment. But the original version was one of Disney's absolute best.
Don't forget the awesome Figment comics.

WildcatDen

It's been discussed for several months now. Not exactly new news.

The IP has been proposed for the pavilion as a possibility. Nothing is planned for a good 5-6 years at the moment.
Last I heard, and it has been a while, this is/was a strong possibility for the 40th?

Bender123

I love Figment and Dreamfinder, but I remember from the old tours that both are partially owned by Kodak AND Disney (more heavily owned by Kodak though)...

Is there any possibility that Disney would attempt to buy out Kodak's portion or that that shared ownership is a reason Figment has a drastically reduced presence since Kodak dropped its sponsorship?

@marni1971 if anybody knows the IP ownership situation and how it ties into the use of Figment, I would assume it would be you.

MerlinTheGoat

Circumstances indicate that Kodak do not own the rights to Figment or Dreamfinder, Disney owns them and can do whatever they want with them. The Kodak partnership ended back in 2012 and they have since used the characters in comics. And obviously they continue to run the attraction and sell merchandise without having to ask or pay Kodak anything.

Last edited:

STITCHGEFAN

By what metric is this not a good move? The ride will be more popular in terms of attendance and satisfaction...it couldn't really get much worse. At the end of the day that's all that matters in determining whether or not it's a good move. So a few people on the internet care about too much IP in EPCOT, the vast majority of the public doesn't care, and I mean vast. And they'll be happy to see a new and innovative Inside Out attraction, which has a lot of potential as a concept.

But the IP argument aside, I can't imagine why ANYONE, diehard fan or not, would care about this attraction being changed. Imagination in its current form is the epitome of a "no one cares" ride just taking up space. It's a shame such a beautiful and majestic pavilion hosts such a lackluster ride.

I've absolutely no qualms with Figment going. When it does, it will be long overdue.

Yes, near enough anything would be an improvement, but that doesn't mean something should replace just to get rid of it.

It depends how much you value the principals of EPCOT from yesteryear. Some won't care and will be happy with IPs, others won't. But with GOTG on its way, I believe another IP in FW will disillusion a fairly sizeable group.

It's about striking a balance. If you add another IP I think you lose that.

Bender123

Circumstances indicate that Kodak do not own the rights to Figment or Dreamfinder, Disney owns them and can do whatever they want with them. The Kodak partnership ended back in 2012 and they have since used the characters in comics. And obviously they continue to run the attraction and sell merchandise without having to ask or pay Kodak anything.

We don't know that there isn't a licensing agreement that allows this to happen. Use doesn't imply ownership, only rights in certain situations.

Karakasa

As long as Figment continues to have a presence at the park, I'd be fine with this. Inside Out totally works for the Imagination pavilion. As cute as Journey is, it is kinda... "Quaint" to put it nicely, compared to some other dark rides on property. Had I not experienced it as a child I'm not sure I'd be fond of it. That said I'd love if it got an update, filled it out a bit more.

Maybe replace the Pixar Movie Festival with a Figment "5"D show? As in, implement effects like AAs, come up with some new ones never been used at a Disney 3D show before. Could be cool.

Herc11

If GotG is coming to UoE then I actually think Imagination is the better place to bring Inside Out characters. The East side of the park is now all going to be about Space/Future Themes. The West side can now be all about more Earth based endeavors such as the Oceans, the Countries of the World, and even our own minds.

I would expect that if WoL ever gets re-purposed it should be to something that will better fit between GotG and M:S.

CinematicFusion

The title of this thread should be updated to "[RUMOR]". Nothing like sensationalizing something as new/news that's a year old already...

Please. "Inside Out" doesn't have half of the soul that Figment has. And anyone who rode the original JII would know that. To suggest otherwise is simply trolling.

Disagree 100%..... Inside Out has a ton of soul, heart. It's all about letting go, growing up, being yourself. I love it. It would be a perfect fit and be relevant for this day and time.

You guys keep talking about something that hasn't existed for 18 years. Journey has been gone for a long long long time. What's there now is embarrassing, boring, uninspired.

Inside out would be the perfect vehicle to bring back imaginative characters like Figment. It would work and it would be a hit for the children of today. Just like Imagination was a hit when you were a kid in 1982.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom